IMG_1212 (resized).jpg
IMG_1213 (resized).jpg
Wizard Control Room [1] (resized).jpg
Oz [4] (resized).jpg
Oz [2] (resized).jpg
Oz [1] (resized).jpg
IMG_1117 (resized).jpg
IMG_1114 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

Fifty posts in an there are legitimate concerns on whether this is fully working or not. Op can you at least answer that?

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Fifty posts in an there are legitimate concerns on whether this is fully working or not. Op can you at least answer that?

The elephant on the room.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I just played this game two nights ago and can validate that it's working with no issues. Beautiful game. I hate that he's selling it.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I just played this game two nights ago and can validate that it's working with no issues. Beautiful game. I hate that he's selling it.

Gotcha, at least that clears the air on that.

#55 4 years ago

Hopefully the game goes to a home that can take care of it and let's others play it. Not sure that's on the seller's priority list, but I think this kind of game it should be.

With so few games out there and a more or less defunct manufacturer, certain parts are likely an issue in the future. The most experienced owners can mcguyver fixes in house. If I had skills like that, Id definitely have been in the hunt. TBL is so much fun.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Hopefully the game goes to a home that can take care of it and let's others play it. Not sure that's on the seller's priority list, but I think this kind of game it should be.

Then Buy it. Put it in your local on Free Play.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Then Buy it. Put it in your local on Free Play.

As my post said, I don't have the skills to maintain such a game, where parts are or will be unobtainum. Hopefully the future owner will. I think that's the challenge in owning a super rare, super valuable game.

#58 4 years ago

you have to excuse him, (whispering) he’s guitarded...

#59 4 years ago

The op should sell it to the first person who contacted him willing to pay the asking price. Just do the right thing and be done with it

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

The op should sell it to the first person who contacted him willing to pay the asking price. Just do the right thing and be done with it

I couldn’t agree more. I offered to pick it up and pay cash right away. Not sure what the hold up is here...

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I couldn’t agree more. I offered to pick it up and pay cash right away. Not sure what the hold up is here...

Agreed. I also don’t buy the “I don’t check Pinside” excuse. He logged in every day leading though the last week of 2019 and now 2020. Maybe he is trying to create a bidding war who knows. Now someone has bought his plus membership so the Dr has zero excuses to respond to everyone and close this deal.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

drfrightner I guess you can donate for someone else. I got you covered and you can now respond to all the messages you want. Happy New Year.

Class act TRAMD !

#63 4 years ago

I can't check this thread again. I posted more pics. I have listed my person email address darkrides @ sbcglobal.net

I'm interested in trades, and mostly interested in people who can pick up directly. There is clearly a lot of passion for this pinball and I appreciate that.

Please reach out to me this way. Thanks in advance.

PS: I'm NOT on this website daily. I actually deactivated the account this past fall and didn't check it for almost 3 months. I also have NOT logged in as someone stated every day. I never turn my computer off, I have about 20 open windows, if I log in I might never log out doesn't mean I check the site.

From this point forward I will just talk to the people who email me directly. Thanks again!

#64 4 years ago

pretty sure you are checking this thread again...

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I can't check this thread again. I posted more pics. I have listed my person email address darkrides @ sbcglobal.net
I'm interested in trades, and mostly interested in people who can pick up directly. There is clearly a lot of passion for this pinball and I appreciate that.
Please reach out to me this way. Thanks in advance.
PS: I'm NOT on this website daily. I actually deactivated the account this past fall and didn't check it for almost 3 months. I also have NOT logged in as someone stated every day. I never turn my computer off, I have about 20 open windows, if I log in I might never log out doesn't mean I check the site.
From this point forward I will just talk to the people who email me directly. Thanks again!

Then why did you place this ad on Pinside in the first place if you can only use your personal email and all this other bs??? You are clearly playing games and are not a standup seller. NightTrain offered you a quick sale with cash and pickup very early on...what’s the problem dr???

#66 4 years ago

...and a $2000 price increase...shocking! What’s up doc???

#67 4 years ago

Wow. The old bait and switch! Lists the game, doesn't "check" the thread, asks people to then email his personal address (to maybe avoid paying fees) and now increases the price by 2k?

What a dick move.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wow. The old bait and switch! Lists the game, doesn't "check" the thread, asks people to then email his personal address and now increases the price by 2k?
What a dick move.

Yup.

Not good, not standup guy at this point.

#69 4 years ago

I hope people remember this assholery when shopping for new JJP or AP games (for which the good dr. is apparently now a distributor).

#70 4 years ago

Has this now become an auction?

#71 4 years ago

Interesting that @drfrightner says he can't respond to his own thread about selling his game but does have time to write a long missive about game of the decade in that thread after his last post here. According to the system time, this was posted about an hour ago. Not a good look...

Quoted from drfrightner:

I know I'm going to get get labeled a JJP fan and yes I am but... I own Jurassic Park its awesome! I own ACDC, Ghostbusters, Metallica, Deadpool, Batman 66, and the list goes on and on.
The hands down game of the decade is WIZARD OF OZ!
WHY?
Let me count the reasons:
1) First game with a full color screen, CGI FX, and Movie Clips
2) First game to ever feature LED lights and white inserts
3) First game with radcal
4) First game with a totally new approach to a backend matrix run off a computer Its still the standard today. Don't know why Stern hasn't changed to something like it.
5) Two upper playfields, spinning house, crystal ball, and so much more.
6) Created the term Limited Edition with powder coating, autographs, special features and more.
The biggest reason is it changed pinball forever... a few years later Stern would add color screens and seek out movie clips. Based on the success of WOZ other pinball start ups would sprout up and make games like Big Lebowski, Aliens and more. Companies like Spooky, American Pinball, Chicago Gaming, and others owe everything to WIZARD OF OZ success.
To this day the game still holds its value, and is considered the single most beautiful game ever created.
Wizard of Oz was a game changer and pushed Pinball back into the mainstream. Stern gets all the credit for keeping pinball alive, but JJP gets all the credit for taking Pinball to a level NO ONE ever thought possible.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Has this now become an auction?

This is my understanding as well.

#73 4 years ago

Dirt bag move raising the price.

#74 4 years ago

doesn't really surprise me... I knew something was going on when this game was still available. Some people's Kids...

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm going to be selling these games once we get the first one built, tested, and operational.

He'll probably price them out and then raise the price if they get enough attention.

#76 4 years ago

He's also been posting in other threads. He's a jerk. Everytime he posts it makes my blood boil. Lol

#77 4 years ago

This is clearly an auction which is against Pinside rules now. Mods should be involved here.

By the way, OP has posted in 8 different threads in the last 8 hours yet says he doesn’t check Pinside???

#78 4 years ago

Bragging about being on reality tv. Makes sense that he's causing drama here. I can't take those shows

#79 4 years ago

Screw the pinball, what about his actual job (if all that is true). I wouldn't do business with this guy based on this thread alone. Shady.

To clarify, he can do what he wants with the pinball, but he's being very shady about how he's handling it. Just come out and say it, rather than making shit up.

#80 4 years ago

Very disappointed....
Not cool, dude.
Should've sold to the first guy with $12.5 in hand.

#81 4 years ago

This very rare game has gone up $2k in value since opening it. If it doesn’t sell this week, it’ll be more next week. Don’t worry if it breaks because I know someone who can fix it, or do I
280D1815-05C8-4640-A681-0F3861CDA21D.jpeg280D1815-05C8-4640-A681-0F3861CDA21D.jpeg03995389-F6BC-4EA9-9462-00DA1626C7BB.jpeg03995389-F6BC-4EA9-9462-00DA1626C7BB.jpeg

#82 4 years ago

This doesn’t surprise me tried to buy a lotr from him that he listed here and Craigslist. I agreed on price then on day to pickup he was out of town and then it was always something else and then changed the price it. I got tried of it after thre months of it and the last I saw he had it listed for less then we agreed upon. Would be interested in this but not with this seller.

#83 4 years ago

Yeah I'm just going to throw this out there. This guy is an ass hole. I would avoid doing any business at all costs. What kind of a dick lists a game for a price, gets the offer for cash and pickup, and then increases the price?

Let me give you a little advice @drfrightner.

1 - If you're going to ask a price for your game, be a man with dignity and take the price you asked for even though you realized you listed it a bit low.

2 - If you're going to list a machine on Pinside and manually choose to make a forum post about it, don't start tell everyone you don't log on. If you don't log on and use the site, then don't list it here. At the very least, don't create a damn forum post.

3 - Kaarma always comes back and kicks assholes like you....well.... in the ass. So enjoy being an asshole.

FYI - Here is the Pinside email I got from him.

"I have received nearly 100 emails about this game. There is no way I can respond to everyone. Serious buyers can email me directly.

I'm more interested in selling to someone who can pick it up... offers have come in at $14,500 so someones best offer with the option to pick it up!

I'd rather take less than ship it! I don't have time. I'm in my busiest time of the year. Thanks for the email!"

#84 4 years ago

Seems like grounds for 'scammer' alert.

#85 4 years ago

This guy is an attention whore. We have seen it in the past and see it now.

If this is truly the busiest time of the year, why the hell would he even dick around with selling this pin now, especially for a pickup only?

If he wanted to get rid of it, it should have gone to the first guy that said he had 12.5 and was on the way.

Run, don't walk, away from this dumpster fire!

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-big-lebowski-17/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.