Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 82 days ago by Wickerman2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CED4EC86-6CE6-4759-B31D-557F96E0BAA0 (resized).jpeg
AB4290F7-52C5-48B3-8518-055F7B450AE5 (resized).jpeg
Unknown (resized).jpg
96B33A99-D33A-4DAB-9654-32959CF761D6 (resized).png
Elsinore (resized).JPG
IMG_1685 (resized).jpeg
4D5F82F8-C59C-4D31-9813-258DFC10F88F (resized).jpeg
549051CD-595C-4BBD-A3C5-795246FE7E20 (resized).jpeg
97E66543-B236-4253-9E02-B7910B9328A6 (resized).jpeg
3A1DA03A-B62B-4F3A-B6B7-CBDBAFAD7AE7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead1982.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#21 83 days ago

I don’t want to take anything away- but TBLs will be Likely be coming out soon at $12500

#77 82 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hope you get your number - even if it’s remade, it won’t be the same game, as some of the mechs need to be redesigned due to the patent situation, and even the awesome CGC remakes are not identical to the original games. Real sorry about your father in law and grandmother in law. Dementia is the hardest thing in the world to deal with for the patient and the family. I’ve been through this with family members already and I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. Some (most?) things are more important than pinball.

There is no patient situation DP Owns ALL schematics, patients on ALL parts

#81 82 days ago

vividpsychosis

Take the 19K- or you will loose out..

Every new TBL that comes out lowers the price. You can’t with 100% certainty say that they won’t be made..

Barry has the parts
Barry has the rights
Barry has the IP
Barry has a premises
Barry has Orders -
Barry has investor

Sure he needs workers, and to train them, which takes time - Barry designed the game and has a detailed handbook on how to assemble.

It is looking stronger than ever that DP will get TBL’s out

#82 82 days ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I think you mean patents.

Yeah sorry!

#84 82 days ago

Bad contract

#85 82 days ago

No Barry is going to build them himself- DP has learnt from this experience and won’t make the same mistakes again

#87 82 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, they were $8500 to order one, but if you actually wanted to receive the game the cost was $12.5K.

That all sounds nice and rosy, but my take on remaking TBL is that it would be an unattractive idea for any successful pinball company for the same reasons Alien hasn't been remade despite it being a "total no-brainer!!!"
-Game needs to be re-engineered and redesigned so that it doesn't break every 10 minutes.
-Game needs to be re-engineered and redesigned so that it works with the new company's hardware, software, and any other ware
-possible licensing issues
-possible liability issues
-for TBL, niche theme that might not translate from sought after curiosity/rarity to mass produced product
In the end, why bother? Much easier to just produce your own game without dealing with the expense, baggage, risks, and other assorted nonsense attached to trying to revive this dead, failed boutique product.

Some TBLs at the start had trouble, but build quality got a lot better- how can you say that it needs redesigning!

Have you not seen the JJP & STERN threads! Chipping playfields, for both, POTC.. come on Levi...

#91 82 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not really concerned about clearcoat and whatever "build quality" means. I just want a game that actually functions.
-Game needs to be re-engineered and redesigned so that it doesn't break every 10 minutes.
-Game needs to be re-engineered and redesigned so that it works with the new company's hardware, software, and any other ware
You really think Stern can just throw TBL in it's current state on the line and slap a "stern" logo over the "DP?" It doesn't work that way.

I didn’t say that Stern could do that- maybe the 40 new owners could chime in and give their opinions on build quality.. most I’ve heard is that they are built like tanks.

I wouldn’t want Stern slap stern logo on it with their build quailty!

#102 82 days ago

Of course- sell a TBL for 20K- then get back on list for 12.5K one and pocket 7.5K

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead1982.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside