Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 78 days ago by Wickerman2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CED4EC86-6CE6-4759-B31D-557F96E0BAA0 (resized).jpeg
AB4290F7-52C5-48B3-8518-055F7B450AE5 (resized).jpeg
Unknown (resized).jpg
96B33A99-D33A-4DAB-9654-32959CF761D6 (resized).png
Elsinore (resized).JPG
IMG_1685 (resized).jpeg
4D5F82F8-C59C-4D31-9813-258DFC10F88F (resized).jpeg
549051CD-595C-4BBD-A3C5-795246FE7E20 (resized).jpeg
97E66543-B236-4253-9E02-B7910B9328A6 (resized).jpeg
3A1DA03A-B62B-4F3A-B6B7-CBDBAFAD7AE7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#26 79 days ago

Just to clarify, OP bought a rare machine for $12.5k, market price is somewhere north of that, he now wants to sell it, but the consensus is he should let it go at cost so that one of you guys can reap the financial windfall instead? Sounds legit.

#29 79 days ago
Quoted from dts:

If you want to be a good guy in the pinball community, sell this rare game to an EA who will keep it and deserves to own one, for a fair price, which is in the range of $12,500 to $15k used, with the agreement to buy back if the EA chooses to sell, again for a fair price.

I don't know OP or his situation. Maybe he bought Lebowski to flip, maybe he really wanted one but needs the cash now, none of my business either way. I'm not going to tell him to leave a couple of grand on the table and enter into some kind of long-term option contract with a stranger he met on the internet so he can be considered a "good guy in the pinball community." And I'm not going to hold it against him if he tries to sell something for market value (I'm not saying he's there now, he's probably still too high, but that's clearly what he's aiming at).

The people that carp about people selling above cost on Pinside generally behave just like everyone else when it's their turn to sell a game, so it's hard to take it too seriously.

#33 79 days ago
Quoted from dung:

Except he isn't leaving a grand on the table.

As I said, I don't think he's got it set at market price now and don't see it going for $21k. But I think he's several thousand below market if he sell for $12.5k, as some here seem to be advocating for.

#34 79 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

There has been a NIB TBL sitting on the inland empire craigslist for 17.5k
inlandempire.craigslist.org link

Useful data point, although that machine appears to be located within Lake Elsinore. Concern about potential water damage may be limiting demand.
Elsinore (resized).JPG

#40 79 days ago
Quoted from Wineinger09:

Someone who has 12.5k to buy a pinball machine but not enough cash reserves to cover a medical emergency has their priorities mixed up. Do you not have insurance and if not why the hell not if you can afford this game? And if you do have insurance what is the maximum your deductible could be? I call bs

I know OP invited this kind of discussion by including an explanation in his first post, but who cares? Either he's priced it at an acceptable point for you, in which case his misfortune is your good fortune and it works out for everybody. Or he's overpriced it and you're not going to buy it regardless of the backstory. I don't have a problem with posters taking shots at people that are priced $5k over market, that's all in the game on Pinside. But it feels like we've gotten off track when we're discussing his mother-in-law's deductibles instead of the shooter lane.

#56 79 days ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Tiki: The “price police” police.

96B33A99-D33A-4DAB-9654-32959CF761D6 (resized).png
#71 78 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not sure you know, but it is VERY likely that TBL will be made by another company in the not so distant future.

Nice to see you have so much faith in Barry. Most of us hope he somehow gets his shit together and gets production going to cover all those unfulfilled preorders, but I wouldn’t go so far as to call it VERY likely.

#72 78 days ago
Quoted from teekee:

Says the guy that posts like every 30 seconds in the hopes that his Pinside Posse will shower him with more 'thumbs up'... and to think you are doing this from work? Maybe instead of stealing from your employer and wasting time in threads you have no business being in you should think about your real job at hand.
GLWTS OP! You're a couple grand too cheap!

teekee, we all love you but you’re out of line promoting your internet addiction counseling services in OP’s for sale thread.

#74 78 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have little faith in Barry. I think he will limp another 15-25 games out the door to get to a point where the balance/debt sheet makes sense for a sell out of the company and licensce to make LOTS and LOTS of TBL by a company capable of doing so.
I have been told (and I believe it) that more than one company has looked into and had discussions around this.

I’d be thrilled if you’re right, I’d love a world with thousands of TBLs in it. I just hope your source is better than Kaneda’s.

#113 78 days ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

:whoosh: right over your head.

Maybe he’s one of those females that have infiltrated Pinside:
Stone Him

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside