15b706bd0679b72104819e6adaeb7ad5 (resized).jpg
e832570d-60c1-4806-8793-f97091d334f1_text.gif
70DB0458-C512-48D7-91C2-8CE9B5489209 (resized).jpeg
Thats-Marvelous (resized).jpg
2826_2_screenshot (resized).png
EB3661A0-FDFE-455D-A6F2-CF5A7064C406 (resized).jpeg
challenger.gif
EFFEA8BA-DFBE-4A14-B0A3-9FFA10E2DBB6 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

A guy is selling/sold a used Whitewater from 1993 for $14,000 (sale pending) in which 7000 were produced and far from rare. And everybody is high fiving this guy.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/83828

Meanwhile this TBL which is NIB and less than 100 in the wild is getting downvoted for $25K?

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

A guy is selling/sold a used Whitewater from 1993 for $14,000 (sale pending) in which 7000 were produced and far from rare. And everybody is high fiving this guy.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/83828
Meanwhile this TBL which is NIB and less than 100 in the wild is getting downvoted for $25K?

Ridiculous comp. Recent HEP restorations are routinely 15k and up (to commission/produce). 7000 WH20’s, but only ~10 are HEP WH20’s...and the one you reference was done very recently. People love WH20 because it’s an awesome GAME. People love TBL because of the license and rarity. I’d love one, but only if it’s produced by a standup company that is in business. I have no interest in games from belly up companies...!

#53 4 years ago

Yeah, that HEP will be working flawlessly in years to come when most of these TBL's will be parts machines.

#54 4 years ago

I don't understand why anyone would pay $25k for a pinball machine you can likely get for $10k less if you just wait for a couple weeks. This is "have to have it now" syndrome to the nth degree. I guarantee at least 15 of the 40 machines will be for sale in the next two weeks and competition will drive the price down.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I don't understand why anyone would pay $25k for a pinball machine you can likely get for $10k less if you just wait for a couple weeks. This is "have to have it now" syndrome to the nth degree. I guarantee at least 15 of the 40 machines will be for sale in the next two weeks and competition will drive the price down.

Competition may indeed drive prices down, but I'd bet against them routinely going for $15k by mid-September. These are, and remain, very rare games.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Ridiculous comp. Recent HEP restorations are routinely 15k and up (to commission/produce). 7000 WH20’s, but only ~10 are HEP WH20’s...and the one you reference was done very recently. People love WH20 because it’s an awesome GAME. People love TBL because of the license and rarity. I’d love one, but only if it’s produced by a standup company that is in business. I have no interest in games from belly up companies...!

Whitewater is an awesome game, and I would take that one in a heartbeat. What im saying though is both are worth the higher price range but one of the 2 is getting flack. I bet if you put a straight up poll "What would you rather have, an HEP Whitewater or TBL NIB" im betting on the TBL would win that poll

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Competition may indeed drive prices down, but I'd bet against them routinely going for $15k by mid-September. These are, and remain, very rare games.

I'm just saying TBL was a $20k game when there were 50. There are now 90. This guy is asking $5k more than the game was when it was much rarer!

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

People love WH20 because it’s an awesome GAME. People love TBL because of the license and rarity.

Which makes you actually want to play it, awesomeness or rarity?

#59 4 years ago

Well technically I would think rarity would make you less likely to play it because you want to keep it in pristine condition.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Whitewater is an awesome game, and I would take that one in a heartbeat. What im saying though is both are worth the higher price range but one of the 2 is getting flack. I bet if you put a straight up poll "What would you rather have, an HEP Whitewater or TBL NIB" im betting on the TBL would win that poll

If both games were 14k (the price of the HEP WH20), no doubt you are correct. Since TBL is 10k more, it's a silly comp...

At 12k, TBL was a nice value. Kind of surprised they weren't sold for 15k if the goal was to raise money for the DP fiasco.

Quoted from RTS:

Which makes you actually want to play it, awesomeness or rarity?

Long term, awesomeness (which is why WH20 is still in my collection after all these years).

Short term, rarity (but I can TBL at a friends place).

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Will you be donating the $12,500 profit to the people who already paid for this game, only to watch you scalp it out from under them?

I assume that since you "care" so much that you'll be purchasing this game and giving it to one of the EAs?

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Getting flack because there are so many people out there who feel like they got burned (rightly so). Now, they’re busy hating on the people who got machines because they’re not us. They just don’t realize that we didn’t burn them, it was DP and the companies involved.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from joeagnew86:

Local guy from Austin offered me 25K for mine. Originally offered my 20K then went up when I said that I was going to be keeping. There are plenty of people interested because of the novelty, so I think 20-25 will be easy to get online.

Hey look @wolfemaan is back again price pumping found garbage

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I get 10%

#65 4 years ago

I get 15%

#66 4 years ago

If the OP gets $25k and wants to create good karma I suggest he randomly draw a name from the EA list and giving them back their $8500. This makes one EA whole to cover his game and he can keep the $4k profit in good conscience.

#67 4 years ago

If I had profit I felt guilty about I'd probably give it to poor people instead of someone who can afford to risk $8,500 buying a toy.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This is exactly why pinside made that ignore option.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

If I had profit I felt guilty about I'd probably give it to poor people instead of someone who can afford to risk $8,500 buying a toy.

C'mon man ... if not for me, do it for my little buddy then.

(awwwwwwwwww)

15b706bd0679b72104819e6adaeb7ad5 (resized).jpg15b706bd0679b72104819e6adaeb7ad5 (resized).jpg

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-big-lebowski-11/page/2?hl=pinball_gizzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.