giphy.gif
Supreme (resized).JPG
giphy.gif
B5EuQ16IUAEpqJB (resized).jpg
F583186C-3FBE-47FF-8F67-F562FA9A7CDF (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
CDBF372F-66F9-4759-B4D2-E534863EB702 (resized).jpeg
ChTr79NWUAATOJ- (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joeagnew86.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: The Big Lebowski

Added: 2019-08-27 00:42:58 UTC • Ended: August 28th, 2019
Condition: NIB - New in box (distributor/business)

Price

USD 45,000

Here it is, after all of the delays and legal battles and broken promises... One of the rarest games out there. Straight from the distributor in the Netherlands and never opened (it’s such a collectors piece, I was afraid to do so). Own a piece of history before it’s too late! This is the real deal. Authentic and great for an pinball collector or Big Lebowski aficionado.

Item photos

56E5D7D7-DDAF-4574-BC8B-30F786A6051E (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are joeagnew86's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to joeagnew86's stats page

Listing result

This was a distributor ad (NIB sales).

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Helotes, TX, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 210.00
$ 22.00
Hardware
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Agnew, eh?
Sounds trustworthy.

Out of all of the comments, this one made me laugh the most. I’m not terribly worried about any of this because it’s a win win for me. I’ve got a great machine that I’ve waited a time for. If I sell it for good profit then that’s awesome, if not then who cares because I still have TBL pinball to play. If we can get Jeff Bridges to smash it though, as somebody suggested, then I’m in for that too. Thanks to Thomas for the heads up on the post. Oh, and thanks to you all for pointing out that I put Denmark. Honest mistake, it was a long day when I wrote the ad. Anyway, happy trolling guys. Take care.

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

LOL “waited a time for” what like 2 weeks?

I’ve been on the waiting list with Cointaker since 2015 so more like 4 years. Not that it matters much.

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Didnt Dutch pinball just retrieve all their equipment from the factory that was holding them hostage? If that's the case aren't we going to see more of these games sooner than later?

The games deserve to be made but the people at Cointaker didn’t sound optimistic. I know it’s their job to sell them so they want them to stay rare, but when I talked to them last it just sounded like Dutch was exacerbated with it all.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Step 1: Buy machine for $12500 that was already sold to someone else who lost $8500.
Step 2: List it for sale on Pinside for almost 4x what you paid.
Wow, even Kaneda couldn’t bring himself to be this much of a douche and his offer was ONLY $20k.
I guess money means more than principle to some people.

Nobody lost their money. I’ve been on the list since 2015 and was lucky enough to be next in line. Anyway, keep the love coming because you all are cracking me up.

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Did anyone else think of the Greed callout from adams when they saw this bs?

When you get your TBL machine then you’re welcome to sell it for however much you want, my friend. Until then, I wouldn’t stress it.

#123 4 years ago

Tell that to the person who paid $8500 for the game sitting in your garage that you are trying to flip for max profit.

I could just as easily wait and tell it to the guy who wants such a rare machine but never thought he’d have the chance to buy one. At the end of the day, it’s supply and demand. If I sell it, that’s great but I’m also left knowing I’ll probably never have the chance to own one again. If I don’t sell it, great because at least I still have my machine that really ties the room together. I’m not stressed either way about it, nor should any of y’all be stressed about it.

#129 4 years ago

Ah, so you admit someone got screwed out of $8500 on the machine you bought and are now trying to flip for a ridiculous price. Awesome.

C’mon now, nobody got screwed out of their money. Nobody paid for this then only for me to magically get it. I’ve been a Huge BL fan since 1998 and was on the list for this machine since the beginning. I was lucky and got my machine. It’s valuable so why not list it? But, it’s also a machine that I have always wanted so if I’m going to sell it then it’s going to be for a “don’t really want to sell” price. Nobody is forcing anybody to buy it. If somebody wants it for the price, great. If not, that’s cool too. I’m not stressed about it either way. I just think you all are hilarious with how stressed you’re getting.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from Axaios:

Really now. How on earth you came up with this number?

It’s my “I’ve wanted this for a long time and really really really don’t want to sell it but maybe for the right price” number.

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinside has clearly drawn a firm, hard, courageous line in the sand with this one.
The OP has been thoroughly berated, and will surely think twice about doing something like this again!
My question is this: What would a "reasonable" (IE: non outrage-inducing) scalper asking price be?
I'm thinking $19,999.

To be fair, I’d hardly consider myself a scalper. A scalper wants to sell their product, is in it solely for the money, and finds no joy in what he or she is selling. On the contrary, I’ve waited for a long time for this machine and plan on it bringing me a lot of joy (once I get it set up in the coming days). The price is high for that reason, because it’s a “I really hate to let go of this piece” price. If I was just looking to make a buck then I’d have listed it for 25K and called it good.

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I don't really care what you do with your game, but the fact you have a price in mind, and made an ad, and are responding means you DO want to sell it, and for the highest possible amount.
A while back someone asked me what I'd sell them my Mousin' Around for, and I told them 4k. They went on some huge rant about how that's insane and the market isn't close to that etc etc etc. My response was well, you asked me what I'd sell it for. I don't have it listed, it's one of my favorite games, I didn't offer to sell it to you, and I don't want to get rid of it, so $4k.
I don't care what goofball price you ask for but don't make up some story about how you don't want to sell it when you're making a for sale ad for it. If you "don't want to sell it" you'd have kept quiet about it until someone made you an offer you couldn't refuse.

No stories here, just the honest truth. At the end of the day, I have zero desire to sell it after 4 years of waiting. But, I see nothing wrong with throwing out a value I’d consider and seeing if anybody has the means and desire to pay that. If somebody wants it that bad and can afford it, great. They get TBL machine, and I let it go with a little less guilt about having sold something I’ll never get back. I’m not a collector of pinball machines, nor am I a scalper. I’m just a huge TBL fan who lucked onto a list in 2015 and finally got his machine. If I make money on it eventually then great! If I keep it, also great.

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

That’s karma

I hope he sells his, I’m not worried about what other people are selling them for because it doesn’t impact what I would consider selling mine for. If this seller is happy with 25K then I’m happy for him. Good luck with the sale.

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I give you credit for making it four pages in and sounding basically unscathed.

Thanks, I appreciate it. It’s been a fun ride.

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Any chance you would just end your listing then? You don't want to sell it and people here aren't willing to meet your ridiculous asking price. Maybe you could move on to Ebay or Craigslist instead of a pinball collector board where people have been burned by this whole fiasco. You are not a pinball collector after all and are more likely to find a wealthy sucker to buy your game on other platforms.

You may be right about that. I came here first because I knew Pinside what the place to go for anything and everything pinball. I figured if there was somebody actively looking and interested, they would see the ad here before anywhere else.

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

He is not an EA.

I contacted CT back in 2015 and was told that there was a list and I’d be put on it. From there, the whole legal dispute took over and every time I inquired I’d just get an “I don’t know.” A few months ago I got word that they were finally releasing the 40 machines and that my number was low enough that one was mine if I was still interested.

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Did ebay close the doors?

Never tried. I came here first.

#190 4 years ago

Congratulations on being on CoinTaker's deposit list (as opposed to those not on any such list like Kaneda) and actually getting the opportunity to acquire a game! You might be selling the TBL that I supported development of, paid DP for in full as an actual EA in 2014, and was supposed to subsequently receive in 2016 until I learned it was being held by ARA in their factory.
What the hell though eh? At least I get to see pictures now of what should have rightly been mine and revel in others' exorbitant profiteering vicariously!

Sucks you got burned, but at the end of the day it’s not my fault or my issue. I know I’m lucky I got a game, but I’m not going to apologize for things outside of my control. Glad I was at least able to show you “what should have been” yours.

#194 4 years ago

I can abide (see what I did there Dude?) by another pinhead taking advantage of the opportunity to purchase one of these TBL's that we EA's already paid for if they are doing so to own and enjoy it out of love for the game.
But to do so just for profit, and an obscene profit at that, is both uncool and bad for the hobby. Anyone who takes pride in such behavior does not deserve to own this game.

For me, it’s more about the love of TBL. Hence the name of my garage bowling alley. This thing is a historical collector piece as much as it is a pinball machine which is why I wouldn’t part with it for a lower sum.

5213118F-D153-4188-BF76-0A049A2DA2F4 (resized).jpeg5213118F-D153-4188-BF76-0A049A2DA2F4 (resized).jpeg
#196 4 years ago

I can abide (see what I did there Dude?) by another pinhead taking advantage of the opportunity to purchase one of these TBL's that we EA's already paid for if they are doing so to own and enjoy it out of love for the game.
But to do so just for profit, and an obscene profit at that, is both uncool and bad for the hobby. Anyone who takes pride in such behavior does not deserve to own this game.

This table is a piece of history, as far as I’m concerned. That’s why I’d never let it go for less than what I’m asking. The history of the development and people who got burned sucks, but I’m in it for it being TBL as much as anything. As my garage bowling alley can attest, I’m not just some newby fan.

41D7B86D-800A-4262-840C-CE25D89BDFCD (resized).png41D7B86D-800A-4262-840C-CE25D89BDFCD (resized).png
#199 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Ouch... Another "look at what I have and you don't pic". I feel really bad for the guys that got screwed over on this because it's hard to look past the in your face nature of this ad and the follow-on comments.

Nah, anybody can put a bowling alley in their garage. Just takes wood and poor judgement.

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That’s the whole ridiculous irony of this thread. The OP insisting he’s the biggest TBL fan, so big in fact that he can’t bring himself to open the box and play the game. So big that if he has to sell it can only be for a ridiculous price. So big that he has to start a Pinside thread about it telling everyone how big a fan he is.
Seriously, I think EBay or Craigslist would have been the right place for this.

Lol, I didn’t start the thread buddy. I think this whole thread is hilarious but hardly what I had in mind with my ad.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Dude your wasting time....there is ZERO chance your getting close to that number so just unbox and enjoy the game....if it all works and plays nice u can sell it in a couple months for $20K and still make a profit....

You’re not wrong. Literally the only reason I haven’t opened it yet is because I’ve got 3 flights of stairs and the movers don’t come until tonight. Once it’s in the game room, it’s as good as opened.

#221 4 years ago

Posted the ad, didn’t start the thread though. Wish I could take credit for the forethought, I had no idea it’d get this good.

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It's an option to make a thread or not. You actually have to select the option to make it a Forum thread.

I created my account yesterday so how would I know? Ha

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A fucking goldbricker. This guy fucking walks. I've never been more certain of anything in my life!

Awesome

#241 4 years ago

Good news bros! After setting it up and playing it once, I’ve decided it’s too much fun to sell. Best of luck to you all, thanks for the fun over the last day.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 210.00
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joeagnew86.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-big-lebowski-10?tu=joeagnew86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.