giphy.gif
Supreme (resized).JPG
giphy.gif
B5EuQ16IUAEpqJB (resized).jpg
F583186C-3FBE-47FF-8F67-F562FA9A7CDF (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
CDBF372F-66F9-4759-B4D2-E534863EB702 (resized).jpeg
ChTr79NWUAATOJ- (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 241 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from joeagnew86:

To be fair, I’d hardly consider myself a scalper. A scalper wants to sell their product, is in it solely for the money, and finds no joy in what he or she is selling. On the contrary, I’ve waited for a long time for this machine and plan on it bringing me a lot of joy (once I get it set up in the coming days). The price is high for that reason, because it’s a “I really hate to let go of this piece” price. If I was just looking to make a buck then I’d have listed it for 25K and called it good.

Whysnow? Is that you?!

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Supreme has nothing to offer as a pinball machine,

It's a way cooler theme than most of what they have come up with lately.

#153 4 years ago

Maybe I'm too pragmatic, but after Dutch and Cointaker sell my game to someone else, I don't care if they play it or scalp it. Either way I'm robbed of my money and the experience, or heck, the option to scalp it myself! Whatever the new buyer does causes me no further harm. My beef is still with Dutch, and maybe Cointaker, and to a far lesser extent the buyer, no matter what he does with it.

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from joeagnew86:

It’s my “I’ve wanted this for a long time and really really really don’t want to sell it but maybe for the right price” number.

I don't really care what you do with your game, but the fact you have a price in mind, and made an ad, and are responding means you DO want to sell it, and for the highest possible amount.

A while back someone asked me what I'd sell them my Mousin' Around for, and I told them 4k. They went on some huge rant about how that's insane and the market isn't close to that etc etc etc. My response was well, you asked me what I'd sell it for. I don't have it listed, it's one of my favorite games, I didn't offer to sell it to you, and I don't want to get rid of it, so $4k.

I don't care what goofball price you ask for but don't make up some story about how you don't want to sell it when you're making a for sale ad for it. If you "don't want to sell it" you'd have kept quiet about it until someone made you an offer you couldn't refuse.

#155 4 years ago

Does the game come with a lifetime supply of white russians?

#156 4 years ago

I just got this via email so I am posting for a Facebook friend:

Dear Sirs, I am exteamly liking youre penball machine and want to buy it. As soon as I have confamation you ship, I wire you the money.

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I don't really care what you do with your game, but the fact you have a price in mind, and made an ad, and are responding means you DO want to sell it, and for the highest possible amount.
A while back someone asked me what I'd sell them my Mousin' Around for, and I told them 4k. They went on some huge rant about how that's insane and the market isn't close to that etc etc etc. My response was well, you asked me what I'd sell it for. I don't have it listed, it's one of my favorite games, I didn't offer to sell it to you, and I don't want to get rid of it, so $4k.
I don't care what goofball price you ask for but don't make up some story about how you don't want to sell it when you're making a for sale ad for it. If you "don't want to sell it" you'd have kept quiet about it until someone made you an offer you couldn't refuse.

No stories here, just the honest truth. At the end of the day, I have zero desire to sell it after 4 years of waiting. But, I see nothing wrong with throwing out a value I’d consider and seeing if anybody has the means and desire to pay that. If somebody wants it that bad and can afford it, great. They get TBL machine, and I let it go with a little less guilt about having sold something I’ll never get back. I’m not a collector of pinball machines, nor am I a scalper. I’m just a huge TBL fan who lucked onto a list in 2015 and finally got his machine. If I make money on it eventually then great! If I keep it, also great.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from joeagnew86:

No stories here, just the honest truth. At the end of the day, I have zero desire to sell it after 4 years of waiting. But, I see nothing wrong with throwing out a value I’d consider and seeing if anybody has the means and desire to pay that. If somebody wants it that bad and can afford it, great. They get TBL machine, and I let it go with a little less guilt about having sold something I’ll never get back. I’m not a collector of pinball machines, nor am I a scalper. I’m just a huge TBL fan who lucked onto a list in 2015 and finally got his machine. If I make money on it eventually then great! If I keep it, also great.

You have zero desire to sell it at no or a small profit. You have non-zero desire to sell it for 45 grand. I'm not some moral authority on if that's right or wrong (and that is not what I'm commenting on) but it makes it easier when you make my point for me.

#159 4 years ago

A new TBL listing just popped up on the marketplace, $25K.

GLWS

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from joeagnew86:

Um. Ya.

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

A new TBL listing just popped up on the marketplace, $25K.
GLWS

That’s karma

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

That’s karma

I hope he sells his, I’m not worried about what other people are selling them for because it doesn’t impact what I would consider selling mine for. If this seller is happy with 25K then I’m happy for him. Good luck with the sale.

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from joeagnew86:

I’m not worried about what other people are selling them for because it doesn’t impact what I would consider selling mine for.

I give you credit for making it four pages in and sounding basically unscathed.

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I give you credit for making it four pages in and sounding basically unscathed.

Thanks, I appreciate it. It’s been a fun ride.

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Maybe I'm too pragmatic, but after Dutch and Cointaker sell my game to someone else, I don't care if they play it or scalp it. Either way I'm robbed of my money and the experience, or heck, the option to scalp it myself! Whatever the new buyer does causes me no further harm. My beef is still with Dutch, and maybe Cointaker, and to a far lesser extent the buyer, no matter what he does with it.

Spot on.

#167 4 years ago

OP should sell the game for $25k and then give $4k to three different randomly selected EAs and keep $500 profit for himself. Done!

#168 4 years ago

His ad says "May be able to deliver for a fee" LMFAO!!!

Serious? $45k and want to charge a delivery fee? What a joke LOL

Delivery cost on this must be in $32,500 range then?

If you sell this thing for $45k you should deliver it, set it up, mow the yard, clean the pool, and do the dishes for free!!

#169 4 years ago

Any chance you would just end your listing then? You don't want to sell it and people here aren't willing to meet your ridiculous asking price. Maybe you could move on to Ebay or Craigslist instead of a pinball collector board where people have been burned by this whole fiasco. You are not a pinball collector after all and are more likely to find a wealthy sucker to buy your game on other platforms.

#170 4 years ago

Now I know why all those lottery winners have such a hard time.

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from joeagnew86:

I'm confused, are you an early achiever who is just now receiving your game? Or did you simply move fast enough to get one from CT for 12.5k?

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Any chance you would just end your listing then? You don't want to sell it and people here aren't willing to meet your ridiculous asking price. Maybe you could move on to Ebay or Craigslist instead of a pinball collector board where people have been burned by this whole fiasco. You are not a pinball collector after all and are more likely to find a wealthy sucker to buy your game on other platforms.

True

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I'm confused, are you an early achiever who is just now receiving your game? Or did you simply move fast enough to get one from CT for 12.5k?

Quoted from joeagnew86:

I’ve been on the waiting list with Cointaker since 2015 so more like 4 years.

#174 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

He is not an EA.

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

You may be right about that. I came here first because I knew Pinside what the place to go for anything and everything pinball. I figured if there was somebody actively looking and interested, they would see the ad here before anywhere else.

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

He is not an EA.

I contacted CT back in 2015 and was told that there was a list and I’d be put on it. From there, the whole legal dispute took over and every time I inquired I’d just get an “I don’t know.” A few months ago I got word that they were finally releasing the 40 machines and that my number was low enough that one was mine if I was still interested.

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Did ebay close the doors?

Never tried. I came here first.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from joeagnew86:

I contacted CT back in 2015 and was told that there was a list and I’d be put on it. From there, the whole legal dispute took over and every time I inquired I’d just get an “I don’t know.” A few months ago I got word that they were finally releasing the 40 machines and that my number was low enough that one was mine if I was still interested.

And you are offering it to the unlucky masses at a mere 260% profit. How kind.

#181 4 years ago

you can list anything you want at any price you want what I hate about this is that's it's more than obvious it's someone from the community we all know but doesnt want to come out of the closet and ruin his reputation.

When you are confortable with something you can come out and say it the same way if it was your girl, your friends, the president, the pope or god.

When you create a tempo account is because you know it's wrong.

Anyway good luck with the sale and your conscience

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I never understood these insults, if i hated some one that much, LITRALLY the last thing id want is them sucking me lol???
For this price there better be be no chipping!!

I know right, last thing I’m going to do is send the most important member of my team into the most powerful slicing and dicing device of my enemy.

#183 4 years ago

What do people feel these will ACTUALLY sell for. 45k is nuts and this wont sell for it, but what profit will these grubby flippers actually net?

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

What do people feel these will ACTUALLY sell for.

fbc (resized).jpgfbc (resized).jpg
#185 4 years ago
Quoted from joeagnew86:

Congratulations on being on CoinTaker's deposit list (as opposed to those not on any such list like Kaneda) and actually getting the opportunity to acquire a game! You might be selling the TBL that I supported development of, paid DP for in full as an actual EA in 2014, and was supposed to subsequently receive in 2016 until I learned it was being held by ARA in their factory.

What the hell though eh? At least I get to see pictures now of what should have rightly been mine and revel in others' exorbitant profiteering vicariously!

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

What do people feel these will ACTUALLY sell for. 45k is nuts and this wont sell for it, but what profit will these grubby flippers actually net?

I think TBLs were fetching ~$20k before this newest batch of 40 games were released. Hard to predict how this affects demand. All else equal, doubling supply should decrease prices. But it's possible people will look at how events have shaken out and see even less likelihood than before that DP will ever resume production and ultimately make hundreds of TBLs as they'd promised. And if people think supply is capped at 80 for the foreseeable future, they'll be more willing to spend.

All that said, I'd be surprised if these are routinely changing hands at $25k anytime soon, but $18k-$20k seems likely. Before the remake rumors started BBB was selling in that range with almost 200 games in existence, and without a licensed theme to help sell it, so it seems plausible TBL will fall into that same rarefied pricing band.

#187 4 years ago

The only ones at fault are Dutch and ARA. Or whatever the heck happened there.

Sucks for those that got burned, but this is not those that ended up with these machines fault.

This is just capitalism at it's finest and has had more twists and turns and is playing out like any other Coen brothers movie. Those boys would be proud!

#188 4 years ago

Is it you posted it on fb page "Pinball for Sale" for 25k?

Well if we keep looking after few more ads perhaps we will get it for 5k afterall

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

... Sucks for those that got burned, but this is not those that ended up with these machines fault.
This is just capitalism at it's finest and has had more twists and turns and is playing out like any other Coen brothers movie. Those boys would be proud!

I can abide (see what I did there Dude?) by another pinhead taking advantage of the opportunity to purchase one of these TBL's that we EA's already paid for if they are doing so to own and enjoy it out of love for the game.

But to do so just for profit, and an obscene profit at that, is both uncool and bad for the hobby. Anyone who takes pride in such behavior does not deserve to own this game.

#190 4 years ago

Congratulations on being on CoinTaker's deposit list (as opposed to those not on any such list like Kaneda) and actually getting the opportunity to acquire a game! You might be selling the TBL that I supported development of, paid DP for in full as an actual EA in 2014, and was supposed to subsequently receive in 2016 until I learned it was being held by ARA in their factory.
What the hell though eh? At least I get to see pictures now of what should have rightly been mine and revel in others' exorbitant profiteering vicariously!

Sucks you got burned, but at the end of the day it’s not my fault or my issue. I know I’m lucky I got a game, but I’m not going to apologize for things outside of my control. Glad I was at least able to show you “what should have been” yours.

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

His ad says "May be able to deliver for a fee" LMFAO!!!
Serious? $45k and want to charge a delivery fee? What a joke LOL
Delivery cost on this must be in $32,500 range then?
If you sell this thing for $45k you should deliver it, set it up, mow the yard, clean the pool, and do the dishes for free!!

That's still not enough. I would expect him to bring along at least 2-3 hotties with limited clothing and even less morals.

#192 4 years ago

I can abide (see what I did there Dude?) by another pinhead taking advantage of the opportunity to purchase one of these TBL's that we EA's already paid for if they are doing so to own and enjoy it out of love for the game.

But to do so just for profit, and an obscene profit at that, is both uncool and bad for the hobby. Anyone who takes pride in such behavior does not deserve to own this game.

I here ya and feel your pain!

But it does kind of remind me of that song by The Sweet called "Someone Else Will". Especially the live version.

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from joeagnew86:

Sucks you got burned, but at the end of the day it’s not my fault or my issue. I know I’m lucky I got a game, but I’m not going to apologize for things outside of my control. Glad I was at least able to show you “what should have been” yours.

What you now do with this TBL, that you were fortunate to have been able to obtain, is very much within your control. Good luck with your decision moving forward.

#194 4 years ago

For me, it’s more about the love of TBL. Hence the name of my garage bowling alley. This thing is a historical collector piece as much as it is a pinball machine which is why I wouldn’t part with it for a lower sum.

5213118F-D153-4188-BF76-0A049A2DA2F4 (resized).jpeg5213118F-D153-4188-BF76-0A049A2DA2F4 (resized).jpeg
#195 4 years ago
Quoted from joeagnew86:For me, it’s more about the love of TBL. Hence the name of my garage bowling alley. This thing is a historical collector piece as much as it is a pinball machine which is why I wouldn’t part with it for a lower sum.[quoted image]

Ouch... Another "look at what I have and you don't pic". I feel really bad for the guys that got screwed over on this because it's hard to look past the in your face nature of this ad and the follow-on comments.

#196 4 years ago

This table is a piece of history, as far as I’m concerned. That’s why I’d never let it go for less than what I’m asking. The history of the development and people who got burned sucks, but I’m in it for it being TBL as much as anything. As my garage bowling alley can attest, I’m not just some newby fan.

41D7B86D-800A-4262-840C-CE25D89BDFCD (resized).png41D7B86D-800A-4262-840C-CE25D89BDFCD (resized).png
#197 4 years ago

Tuna I feel for ya brother, and all the other EA's. If I ever see Barry or Jaap again I promise to bring ya some teeth. They were douchebags anyway.
Hope you get yer machine one day bub, I really do.

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Ouch... Another "look at what I have and you don't pic". I feel really bad for the guys that got screwed over on this because it's hard to look past the in your face nature of this ad and the follow-on comments.

Couldn't agree more...I know one of folks that got screwed and seeing this ad must be painful to him.

A reputable company should buy the license/game and produce these if it's such a great game...

No interest in lusting after a game obtained in such a shit show!

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Nah, anybody can put a bowling alley in their garage. Just takes wood and poor judgement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 22.50
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 241 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-big-lebowski-10/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.