(Topic ID: 244655)

For sale: The Beatles (Platinum Edition)

By acitti

13 days ago

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by delt31
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B9F89352-483C-4333-BAB2-6B9170A9BEFB (resized).jpeg
3 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpeg
2 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

#1 13 days ago

Price

$ 13,500

Use the Market archive as a reference for past sales data on this particular game.

for sale

For sale: The Beatles (Platinum Edition)

Added: June 5th, 2019
Condition: NOB - New out of box (first owner)

Item description

Beatles Platinum Edition #53. Opened it up and enjoying playing at my house. Kept original box, packaging and all paperwork. No damage or flaws.

May be interested in trading for other high end pinball machines + cash, let me know what you have. I have a few other machines listed as well. I am willing to ship the machine but I would prefer local pickup. You can come pick it up yourself and play a few other machines while you are here. Machine is in Bakersfield, California.

Item photos

1 (resized).jpeg
2 (resized).jpeg
3 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Shipping/pickup info

Pick up
Willing to ship mainland
Willing to ship overseas

Contact

Contact acitti via PinsideMail.

Send PM

Item location

Bakersfield, CA, US

Seller insights

These are acitti's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to acitti's stats page

Other ads from this Pinsider

acitti currently has 6 other ads on the Pinside marketplace.

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
950 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Bakersfield, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bakersfield, CA
950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA

#2 13 days ago

Wonder how many Platinums have changed hands?

Not that it matters, but why is it leaving the herd?

#3 13 days ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Wonder how many Platinums have changed hands?
Not that it matters, but why is it leaving the herd?

Not sure how many have changed hands, probably not too many since there was only 250 made. I like this game but it does not quite fit in with my other music themed games: AC/DC, MET, Iron Maiden and Aerosmith. Going to replace it with something harder rock, possibly a G&R or Kiss.

#4 12 days ago

Hmmm...Market archives shows Your asking price kinda off???

#5 12 days ago
Quoted from sepins:

OP just testing the waters, maybe trying to recover purchase price!

#6 12 days ago

I have a gold and like this game a lot.

Was the difference just artwork and trim?

#7 12 days ago

Good luck getting that asking price!

#8 12 days ago
Quoted from hank527:

I have a gold and like this game a lot.
Was the difference just artwork and trim?

Yuuuuuuup

#9 12 days ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Think He already tested the market. His previous listing below at same price.

Added: December 6th, 2018 Re-listed: 3 times Ended: June 5th, 2019

#10 9 days ago
Quoted from sepins:

Only one of the platinum version of this game has been sold through Pinside for $9000 so not really an accurate average when it’s based on 1 sale

#11 9 days ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Correct, these were $15k new, just trying to recover initial investment, or as much as possible anyway

#12 9 days ago
Quoted from sepins:

Think He already tested the market. His previous listing below at same price.
Added: December 6th, 2018 Re-listed: 3 times Ended: June 5th, 2019

Not really testing, as you said it’s been listed for a while. Family is still playing and enjoying it but if someone is interested, it’s available to buy. If not, we will keep playing it.

#13 8 days ago

$8,000 - $9,000 sounds about right

#14 8 days ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

$8,000 - $9,000 sounds about right

YGTBSM, serious? No one will take that big a hit on a Beatles Platinun unless they’ve gut dive serious life issues going on.
I don’t know it’s true worth, but I’m certain it’s more than that.

#15 8 days ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

YGTBSM, serious? No one will take that big a hit on a Beatles Platinun unless they’ve gut dive serious life issues going on.

The one that sold for $9000 took almost 3 weeks to sell. Look it up in archive.

And that wasn't in the Summer slowdown.

#16 8 days ago

No one needs more than the gold. These will drop hard. The collectors who will pay a premium already bought in, rest of us just buzzards awaiting a steal.

#17 8 days ago

Stern must have made another small run because I know of two dealers who were sold out a few months ago now have all 3 in stock.

#18 8 days ago
Quoted from sepins:

The one that sold for $9000 took almost 3 weeks to sell. Look it up in archive.
And that wasn't in the Summer slowdown.

That game was originally listed for $13k, then dropped to $12k after about 2 weeks, then dropped to $9,000 and sold immediately after that.

#19 7 days ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

No one needs more than the gold. These will drop hard. The collectors who will pay a premium already bought in, rest of us just buzzards awaiting a steal.

I agree with you on that. Good was the one to get!

#20 7 days ago
Quoted from acitti:

Correct, these were $15k new, just trying to recover initial investment, or as much as possible anyway

Ouch. At that price, you should have held out for a diamond. The people who wanted a collectible bought the diamond. The people that just wanted the game bought a gold. The platinum will be a hard sell.

#21 7 days ago

Here come the price police to shit on another persons ad!

B9F89352-483C-4333-BAB2-6B9170A9BEFB (resized).jpeg
#22 7 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Here come the price police to shit on another persons ad![quoted image]

Really??? This is the forum. Uh...You do know You can post in the marketplace for sale and then no one can leave comments.

And I'm sure You would buy a used car w/out looking up market value??? The market archive is like the Kelley Blue Book on Pinside.

#23 7 days ago

GLWS I think the platinum art package is the best of the 3.

#24 7 days ago

this was one of the biggest money grabs from stern. same pin different art 5 k difference.
glwts

#25 7 days ago
Quoted from sepins:

Really??? This is the forum. Uh...You do know You can post in the marketplace for sale and then no one can leave comments.
And I'm sure You would buy a used car w/out looking up market value??? The market archive is like the Kelley Blue Book on Pinside.

I know I can post this ad where no one can leave comments, but I like the discussion. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I do love the the market archive and price estimates but when the data is only based on one sale, it is not necessarily accurate. I would have loved to buy a diamond version, but the dealers $25k asking price was way over my budget.

#26 7 days ago

I’m curious how much most people actually paid for the Diamond version vs how much they are now selling on the used market? I wonder if the hit is as bad as real diamonds?

#27 7 days ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I’m curious how much most people actually paid for the Diamond version vs how much they are now selling on the used market? I wonder if the hit is as bad as real diamonds?

When I bought my platinum, I inquired about the Diamond. According to the multiple dealers I contacted, the asking price was from $25,000-$32,000. One dealer told me the minimum new sell from Stern price was $25,000. The lowest I have seen a used one advertised for was a demo unit in Florida for $14,500. A few have been on ebay for $15-18k starting bid with reserve, not sure how much the reserve was though. Not really sure other then that, not much history out there with only 100 games in existence.

#28 7 days ago

Stern. Pffffttttt.

#29 7 days ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

I agree, and they shouldn't take a big hit. It is just Significantly more money for a different art package than a Gold edition so it is a hard sell in my opinion.

#30 6 days ago
Quoted from acitti:

When I bought my platinum, I inquired about the Diamond. According to the multiple dealers I contacted, the asking price was from $25,000-$32,000. One dealer told me the minimum new sell from Stern price was $25,000. The lowest I have seen a used one advertised for was a demo unit in Florida for $14,500. A few have been on ebay for $15-18k starting bid with reserve, not sure how much the reserve was though. Not really sure other then that, not much history out there with only 100 games in existence.

Wow, I can’t imagine someone would pay $32k just to get a backglass and a plaque saying x of 100.

#31 6 days ago

There are three NIB on EBAY right now. One looks to be from Flipper Fidelity for $11,999 OBO. That one appears to include shipping. And there's one for $12500 with $199 shipping. Finally, the best of all...$10,500 OBO NIB (does not include shipping).

ebay.com link » Stern Beatles Platinum Pinball Machine Free Shipping See Details Below

ebay.com link » Stern Beatles Platinum Edition Pinball Machine New In Box

ebay.com link » The Beatles Pinball Machine Platinum 1 Of 250 New In Box

#32 6 days ago
Quoted from usandthem:

There are three NIB on EBAY right now. One looks to be from Flipper Fidelity for $11,999 OBO. That one appears to include shipping. And there's one for $12500 with $199 shipping. Finally, the best of all...$10,500 OBO NIB (does not include shipping).
ebay.com link » Stern Beatles Platinum Pinball Machine Free Shipping See Details Below

Ouch. That can't be good for Stern to have valued NIB customers taking such a bath on resale.

#33 6 days ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Ouch. That can't be good for Stern to have valued NIB customers taking such a bath on resale.

I was under the impression that it was left up to the distributors to set the price for the platinum and diamond??

#34 6 days ago

Par for the course when buying expensive niche pins. The higher the price the more likely the loss unfortunately.

Quoted from vicjw66:

#35 6 days ago
Quoted from usandthem:

It also says they have (3) available on that last posting.

Stern, please re-theme this game to something that can be sold for normal pricing. I'll buy one.

#36 6 days ago
Quoted from JoshPA:

It also says they have (3) available on that last posting.
Stern, please re-theme this game to something that can be sold for normal pricing. I'll buy one.

Baaaahahahahahaa!

You want a re-theme of a game to become a re-theme!! Just when I thought I'd heard it all!

Maybe they could re-theme this back into a Seawitch for you. lol

#37 6 days ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I was under the impression that it was left up to the distributors to set the price for the platinum and diamond??

Yeah, this might have been a mistake. Stern probably should have maintained a little more control on price. part of the reason they have so many NIB buyers is because the loss on resale is usually not too bad. I can see a lot of pissed of sellers who lose $5k+ on these being less likely to support NIB sales in the future. It feels like a big cash grab. Noone wants to feel like they got fleeced.

#38 6 days ago
Quoted from acitti:

They were not $15k new, they were whatever the distributor could get for it.

#39 6 days ago
Quoted from jardine:

Baaaahahahahahaa!
You want a re-theme of a game to become a re-theme!! Just when I thought I'd heard it all!
Maybe they could re-theme this back into a Seawitch for you. lol

I would prefer a “Seawitch Reborn” but given they did the can crusher/primus thing, it isn’t that crazy.

#40 2 days ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Hmm. Stern sells exclusively to distributors...can't imagine they give a hoot about resale values.

#41 1 day ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hmm. Stern sells exclusively to distributors...can't imagine they give a hoot about resale values.

If NIB buyers lose too much on resale they will be less likely to purchase from their distributors in the future. Those distributors in turn will purchase less from Stern. Believe me, Stern cares quite a bit about resale values.

#42 1 day ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

If NIB buyers lose too much on resale they will be less likely to purchase from their distributors in the future. Those distributors in turn will purchase less from Stern. Believe me, Stern cares quite a bit about resale values.

Your logic is spot on, however I still don't think they care. The Platinum/Diamond pricing was suspect from Day 1. Stern was throwing their distributors a "bone" with the Platinum/Diamond pricing (which the distributors pocketed as a holiday bonus).

We (the pinball community) are addicted and it would take a much more dramatic event for "us" to stop chasing the next title (and supporting Stern).

Trust me, I wish you were right

#43 1 day ago

The platinum and diamond edition Beatles experiment was a consequence of Stern's limited Supreme pinball machine fetching astronomical prices. As I recall, Supreme production was limited to 100 games, like The Beatles Diamond.

It turned out that buyers of The Beatles, for the most part, are older and arguably more circumspect than Supreme purchasers. Thus, the experiment failed.

Nevertheless, The Beatles Gold is fantastic and the existence of virtually identical platinum and diamond varieties likely make the gold editions more desirable, at their lower price point.

#44 1 day ago

Really don’t think it matters how much these sell for after the fact as long as they are selling for more than a gold.

As for the experiment failing, The margins on these were so high nib that Stern likely didn’t need to sell all the golds and the high price of the platinum and diamond were insurance against not selling the golds. No way to really no for sure but it isn’t like the high end models had a higher build price or anything.

#45 21 hours ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Really don’t think it matters how much these sell for after the fact as long as they are selling for more than a gold.
As for the experiment failing, The margins on these were so high nib that Stern likely didn’t need to sell all the golds and the high price of the platinum and diamond were insurance against not selling the golds. No way to really no for sure but it isn’t like the high end models had a higher build price or anything.

Nope. They sold packs of 10 for 80k. This the distributors only profited on the 2 platinum and one diamond.

#46 19 hours ago
Quoted from hank527:

Nope. They sold packs of 10 for 80k. This the distributors only profited on the 2 platinum and one diamond.

That's a sweet ass profit

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside