• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8617317B-A695-4125-8AFC-1163DD9CCDB7 (resized).jpeg
beatles (resized).jpg
61613_01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#16 5 years ago

More then I would pay but still the cheapest i have seen other then the 2 that got snagged on The Beatles website.

Quoted from Cserold:

I’m curious to hear your honest opinion on the platinum and diamond versions. Do you feel like you were fleeced at all? Or did you fully understand what you were buying and ok with the purchase?

It was clearly announced what you got. No one got fleeced, people bought them because they wanted them.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At least 2 Diamond and 4 Platinum went for 10k on the beatles store. Then sales of golds on the Beatles store flatlined. Zero sales in December. I bet the remaining 900-odd units they still need to run to get to 1964 total never get made.

I cant believe they are not selling for 2k more then anyone with the internet can find them for. I'm shocked.....

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They sold at least 9 Golds in that first month at $2k over what you can get them for elsewhere, then they flatlined. Cost is not the reason they flatlined the next month (Dec).
Hot collectibles sell, regardless of pricing. Price is not the issue for the hardest of hardcore. See:Supreme. Beatles pinball is demonstrably not a hot collectible.

Very few people click on something and say, only 10k, I guess I'll just get one without any research. People love hot collectibles, they also love getting them as cheap as possible. You implying that lots of people will spend 10k on a random collectable that they know nothing about is ridiculous. Supreme is a terrible comparison, there's a fraction of them and they all sold at one place for one price. Nearly 2000 of a pinball machine is far from limited or even really collectible.

Quoted from usandthem:

They made the wrong game with the greatest license of all time. Not the first Stern swing and a miss and certainly won’t be the last.

A miss for you is a home run for others. It's like some of you think every pinball machine is supposed to be made specifically for your own tastes and desires.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well this sold quick and so did that used gold the other day for $7500. Couple hours on both.

No kidding. Its comical to see the people down voting and acting offended. The OP offered the game cheaper then most would have and it sold fast implying they likely left a little cash on the table.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They only made 1000, and at this rate, likely will not go back and finish.
Okay, use Primus as a point of comparison. 100 of them - 10% as many made as the Beatles, and they were gone in just a few days. Beatles is a sales dud no matter how you slice it.

Another crappy comparison. Primus has not sold out, you can go to the bands website and buy them. It's also supposed to be the only place that you can get one although a few have popped up elsewhere. The Beatles is a normal distribution game for stern even if they do not call it one of their 3 main titles. Primus was a Private Label contract game made at the request of Primus who supposedly bought all 100 of them to sell as they like. You just saw a Beatles pin sell in a few hours for 10.5k over the stern price to distros. Not sure how you deem that as a dud.

Quoted from ASOA:

Not sure why people try to ruin a perfectly good for sale thread. This guy is selling way below market value on this game and still gets pushed around. If you think it is not worth the money that's fine However you simply cant argue that 100 of something branded The Beatles is not a collectable. Value is in the eyes of the beholder. Time will tell if this is a 7k pin or a 50k pin. Only 100 of these worldwide. Once sold out I feel people will start wanting the unobtainable.
Beatles is a fun shooting game. It's a great escape from new modern pinball. Is there better games out there? Of course! Is the gameplay of any pin worth 25k plus? Personally I don't think so. However people who are buying this model of the game are not trying to justify gameplay to monetary value. People who are buying this model are trying to collect a very expensive limited availability piece of Beatles memorabilia. Let those people dictate how much it is worth. (Sorry if my Opinion Offends)

It's all they know how to do. Not sure why a hobby that people supposedly enjoy makes them into such miserable people.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-beatles-diamond-edition?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.