IMG_7130 (resized).JPG
IMG_7129 (resized).JPG
IMG_7128 (resized).JPG
IMG_7116 (resized).JPG
IMG_7126 (resized).JPG
IMG_7127 (resized).JPG
IMG_7125 (resized).JPG
IMG_7123 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: The Avengers (Pro)

Added: 2019-11-25 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (January 8th, 2020) • Ended: January 18th, 2020
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 3,500

Time to shake up things a bit so putting my Avengers Pro up for sale. I've had this since they first launched and have enjoyed it but am ready for something new.

I've looked over the game and couldn't find any flaws with it but have taken several pictures to help show it's condition. Here are some mods that I've done to the game:

- Flipper Fidelity Sub and speaker kit
- Shaker Motor
- Integrated post lights in the inlanes. These are tied into the insert lights for the "O" and "K" receptively in LOKI. This allows you to easily see if it's lit or not. Some chose to go with the clear plastic there but I went this route.
- Pinball Refinery teseract and lighting upgrade (added flasher behind cube that goes off when in teseract mode).
- Added Flasher for Hulk
- Added 3 sets of flashers in apron. One ties into teserat, one ties into Hulk and the other the Black Widow spinner. Really adds a good effect in these modes.
- Added several Avengers characters. These are all only held on with double sided tape and are easily removed
- Not really a mod but I did convert to translucent rubbers throughout the game.
- Mirror blades
- Topper

I'm pretty firm on my price as I feel that the top 4 mods above do add at least some value to the game. The rest I know people could take it or leave it so I didn't consider them in the pricing. This is a great example of an Avengers. While not the most popular title it's a fun shooting game and kids love it. My favorite has always been the sounds and call outs.

Price is $3800. Mainly selling to help open up some space and fund either a JP, DP or Elvira but if you had a nice example of one of the EM/SS on my list I may consider it as partial trade. Prefer local but would be willing to ship if necessary if buyer makes all arrangements.

I know I'm not great at taking pictures so if there is something you want to see, just let me know.

Item photos

IMG_7111 (resized).JPG
IMG_7116 (resized).JPG
IMG_7118 (resized).JPG
IMG_7119 (resized).JPG
IMG_7123 (resized).JPG
IMG_7125 (resized).JPG
IMG_7126 (resized).JPG
IMG_7127 (resized).JPG
IMG_7128 (resized).JPG
IMG_7129 (resized).JPG
IMG_7130 (resized).JPG
IMG_7131 (resized).JPG
IMG_7132 (resized).JPG
IMG_7133 (resized).JPG
IMG_7136 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are 85vett's market stats.

bronze Seller Level

85vett has the Pinside Bronze seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to 85vett's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 3,450

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Leander, TX, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 96.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

#2 4 years ago

a lot of game here for the money! Good luck with the sale.

#3 4 years ago

Nice price with all the mods!

#4 4 years ago

Wish one priced like this would come up near me, or even an LE.

I love the game and miss my pro.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Wish one priced like this would come up near me, or even an LE.
I love the game and miss my pro.

Just picked up an LE Hulk. Second time around on the LE. Missed it terribly. Really fun game

#6 4 years ago

My boss had one of these in his work office a few years ago... To be honest this machine is what got me into pinball as an adult.

#7 4 years ago

Appreciate it. My family has really enjoyed it over the years. Just time for a change. Hoping it goes to a new good home. Tried to price it as fair as possible without giving it away.

#8 4 years ago

No backbox picture?

#9 4 years ago

Let me know if there are others you'd like to see.

20191129_112422 (resized).jpg20191129_112422 (resized).jpg20191129_112818 (resized).jpg20191129_112818 (resized).jpg
#10 4 years ago

Sorry, horrible at taking pictures and my phone stinks too which doesn't help. Cropped out all but backbox on the last pic as I'm assuming the DMD was the need. It's perfect. No lines or dots out.

#11 4 years ago

Thanks. Just was no backbox picture in the original post. I really like that translite and cabinet artwork the best.

#12 4 years ago

Great looking game! Wish we were closer to make a trade! GLWTS

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Sorry, horrible at taking pictures and my phone stinks too which doesn't help. Cropped out all but backbox on the last pic as I'm assuming the DMD was the need. It's perfect. No lines or dots out.

it's not your fault on the pictures. It's sterns fault on this one for putting such horrible GI lighting in the game from the factory. This is the time when they though the color pukers were the majority. They quickly learned they are not and you can't see anything. Thankfully they learned their lesson and games have have normal lighting again.

#14 4 years ago

So stupid me completely forgot I had a topper for this game that I removed when we moved. I found it when going through my Pinball parts boxes while looking for something for another game. Rather than doing the shady thing and not telling a potential buyer and selling it after the fact I'm just throwing it in the deal at the original price for the game. I also neglected to add the game had mirror blades. Probably obvious from the pictures but I've added it to the description.

Here is the topper. I don't recall whom made these or what they are worth. I think I paid somewhere around $200 for it. The tesseract and frosted backing lights up with a color changing light strip.
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

Video I found of it in action:

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

So stupid me completely forgot I had a topper for this game that I removed when we moved. I found it when going through my Pinball parts boxes while looking for something for another game. Rather than doing the shady thing and not telling a potential buyer and selling it after the fact I'm just throwing it in the deal at the original price for the game. I also neglected to add the game had mirror blades. Probably obvious from the pictures but I've added it to the description.
Here is the topper. I don't recall whom made these or what they are worth. I think I paid somewhere around $200 for it. The tesseract and frosted backing lights up with a color changing light strip.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Video I found of it in action:

A good gesture for sure. A nice-looking machine, GLWS.

#16 4 years ago

Looks like AC/DC is sold so now less need on cash from this one. As such, if you are interested in trades +/- for something on my wishlist let me know as well. Higher preference would be on Mustang, Corvette or the EM/Early SS games.

Cash is obviously still good but figured I'd advise about the trade options. For trades it would need to be semi local to where we can meet up as I'm not interested in shipping games back and forth in a trade situation.

#17 4 years ago

If I'd still had my Mustang after all this time, that would've been a fun trade. I remember you having this when I was down there...can't even remember WHY I was at your place, but I remember being about bloody blinded by it, and wanting to hijack your BOP.

I don't think this will be available long with the current price of NIB games.

#18 4 years ago

Appreciate it. Pretty sure you and your wife stopped by to check out BOP 2.0 as I had just finished the restoration on it.

#19 4 years ago

Nice looking game and the topper looks great. Avengers sure has grown on me over the years. GLWS.

4 weeks later
#20 4 years ago

Been hesitant to do this but have dropped the price to $3500. I really can't believe it hasn't sold yet as it's a fun game and offers a lot more than a lot of the older games I see selling at this price point. I've also had over 10 people commit to the game and either not show up at all, change there mind or just go silent on me.

This is a firm, cash on the glass no stories price. If it doesn't sell at this price then I will just keep the game as I do still enjoy it. Was just hoping to shake the line-up a little bit. I'm also going to have to change my personal policy. I've never been a fan of deposits in a hobby as we are supposed to be a community but going forward, I'm going to require a deposit to be put down (non-refundable) before I "hold the game for you".

One update to condition - After having a couple people look at the game and play it, we've found 1 single flaw in the whole package. The, basically thrown in, topper has one mounting foot that the leg was stripped on. I hot glued it on and is stable as it is. You could put a different screw in there if you absolutely wanted to but I don't really see the need. I don't use the topper so I assume it happened while in storage or transit when we moved houses.

For semi locals - I would still possible be interested in trades +/- cash for games on my wishlist or games you think I may enjoy based off my wishlist/ownership. I will also be a SCS this weekend and could bring the game there if you wanted or had a friend coming that could pick it up for you.

#21 4 years ago

This is a give away for this price. Take the mods off and it is less than 3k.I have an LE and it is a better game than at least half the Stern s I have had.

#22 4 years ago

What is going on in Texas? If that was in New England it would have sold in a hot second! Great value, good luck with the sale!

#23 4 years ago

Ship Fastenal?

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

What is going on in Texas? If that was in New England it would have sold in a hot second! Great value, good luck with the sale!

You know, everything is bigger in Texas except apparently our paychecks

Quoted from MooButt:

Ship Fastenal?

I'm not entirely against shipping the game but at this price I'm very much preferring a quick and painless cash on the glass type of deal. Being as transparent as possible. I have another local person that said they are interested in the game and someone that has committed to it if I can get a friend to transport to TPF this year if I can't find a local buyer first.

#25 4 years ago

Local deal fell through again....

#26 4 years ago

If you change your mind let me know.

#27 4 years ago

Game has been sold pending payment and pick-up. Thanks everyone for your interest and I will advise if anything changes.

#28 4 years ago

Payment received so I'll finally mark this as sold. I hope the new owner enjoys it as much as my family did.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-avengers-pro-12?hl=moobutt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.