(Topic ID: 164129)

For sale: Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Williams, 1991)

By Arcadegarage

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
1172221bec2e9428060128bdea8db2aeb92ff331_(resized).jpg
Capture3_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Williams, 1991)

Added: 2016-07-13 03:33:07 UTC • Ended: July 14th, 2016
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 3,999 (Firm)

Price is firm

Selling my fully modded T2. Game is gorgeous. Has been well-cared for and plays great. No credit dots. Check out all the upgrades!

-Terminator 2 Illuminated Apron mod
-Judgment Day lockdown/crash bar
-Lighted Terminator mod
-T800 mod
-T1000 mod
-Lighted skull ramp mod
-Lighted skull coin door mod
-Blue LED undercab and backboard kit
-Custom flashing terminator topper
-Upgraded sound with larger subwoofer
-Sideboard decals/blades
-Backboard decal
-Stainless Steel Cliffy Protectors: lower left hole, center under terminator, shooter lane x2
-Metal lower cabinet trim all around
-Blue plastic leg protectors
-Blue pop bumper caps (extra decals included)
-Blue flipper rubbers
-Red DMD filter
-LEDs throughout playfield and backbox
-New leakproof batteries installed
-T2 Keychain
-Instruction manual
-Just cleaned and ready to go! Plug 'n play!

Hasta la vista, baby!

Item photos

image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Arcadegarage's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Arcadegarage's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Philadelphia, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.95
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

#2 7 years ago

I have seen this machine and it is one of a kind modded to the max. It's Pretty cool. Good seller and deal with confidence.

#3 7 years ago

Good game looks nice but even with mods not worth that but glws

#4 7 years ago

I like '96 Civic Coupes with ground effects and neon as much as the next man, but I don't pay double market value because a few cosmetic mods were done.

Also, I don't like my cars or pins tarted up like this.

GLWS, it will be needed.

#5 7 years ago

Hey guys, if you're interested in the game feel free to send me a pm. If not, that's ok, but please give this a chance and let the ad flow. A lot of time and money went into this one. I'm not even sure that many more mods could really be done to it at this point since there are so many upgrades. I think the apron was $500 alone. It's a really nice example of a T2. Thanks for your interest!

#6 7 years ago

Yeah...I'll have to agree with Collin a little bit here. I like a few mods here and there on T2 as much as the next aficionado, but these are a little over the top.

Mods don't always add value, unfortunately. Not everybody likes them. And double the market value for a few add-ons is going to drastically shrink your pool of potential buyers. Just being realistic here.

If you still have the original parts, I would offer to remove various mods, replace them with the stock parts, and drop the price accordingly. Then just sell the mods off separately if the new owner didn't want them.

In any case, free bump.

#7 7 years ago

Just to defend the OP from the pinside price police, I have seen numerous T2s listed and sold for 2500-3k on pinside, other collector sites, and at shows. The apron alone is $500 bucks. Add in the rest of the mods and I don't think the price is that unreasonable.

GLWS. For the life of me, I still don't get why pinsiders trash or piss on other peoples forsale thread. When I see a pinball that doesn't interest me or is not in my price range, I move on, maybe laugh to myself at besT.

#8 7 years ago

3995 is not double the market value on a T2 anymore. Prices on T2, along with quite a few others in this category (bsd, Ts, ft, BR, etc) have been rising. I was offered 2700 for my t2 and it doesnt have half the mods of this one. Not saying this one is necessarily worth 4K, I haven't seen it, just that the price on this game in general has been moving up, likely because nib prices have been moving higher, pulling the lower end up with it.

Good luck to OP, T2 is a good game.

#9 7 years ago

I'll say a bunch of shitty negative things in your sale ad and then say GLWS. Bump.

#10 7 years ago

where did you get judgement day stickers on lockdown bar from nice machine

#12 7 years ago

On the fence personally about the value of the game+mods equaling the price listed.

However in another way I look at a modded game as a premium version. Following sterns model anyways.

Regular T2 = 2000-2500

Premium T2 = + 1000-2000

#13 7 years ago

LOL you seriously ruined this game. You added a bunch of knock off mods that dont even fit. The skull over the ramp looks like a trailer hitch cover, you put stickers on the center stand ups and didnt even bother to replace the destroyed one on the right. The t1000 mod is knock off ebay version, not the nice one made by the guy on here.

I also see some insert wear. Honestly since this is so "tarted up" as some one put it, I would value it LESS than a minty original. Nothing is cohesive. No ties to the theme, just a bunch of rando terminator junk you bought off ebay.

Get rid of the sticker on the lock down, remove the apron that was so much money, and sell it at a reasonable price. Some one would probably buy that apron from you.

You want to sell for your price? Craigslist suckers.

#14 7 years ago

for 4g i'd expect it to be clean. load da cannon for 4g

had to edit, i'd pay you more to take off that ugly ass skull mod on the coin door, and just paint the coin door. LMAO

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcadegarage:

Just cleaned and ready to go!

Missed a spot

Capture3_(resized).JPGCapture3_(resized).JPG

#16 7 years ago

I think its a fair price. Considering all the custom mods he has installed.

1172221bec2e9428060128bdea8db2aeb92ff331_(resized).jpg1172221bec2e9428060128bdea8db2aeb92ff331_(resized).jpg

#17 7 years ago

The t-1000 looks like an old man with a cane walking through a chest-high snowdrift. That skull on the ratty coin door looks ridiculous. Those GI connectors look like they were rebuilt by a home ec student on a bender. The color-bombed LEDS are atrocious. The lock skull was replaced by some cheap knick knack that looks far worse than the original - which looked awesome. I don't know what that thing is over the right ramp but it looks like some kind of laborador Terminator skull. The rubber rings are all dirty and the game looks like it hasn't been shopped in years.

GLWTS!

#18 7 years ago

Interesting choice of mods.

For this price I would expect a color DMD and off the board batteries instead of "leakproof batteries"

Lol

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy:

Interesting choice of mods.
For this price I would expect a color DMD and off the board batteries instead of "leakproof batteries"
Lol

"Leakproof batteries"...heh, I missed that when I skimmed the ad.

No, alkaline batteries are never leak-proof. They need to be replaced with lithium, a coin cell battery, or NVRAM.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The color-bombed LEDS are atrocious.

Someone was telling me about a photo group somewhere online that was a hall of shame for LEDed games that looked like a "purple grape"

#20 7 years ago

Forgive me, lynch mob, for making a positive comment in the middle of this tar & feather session, but I like the apron and lockdown bar.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Forgive me, lynch mob, for making a positive comment in the middle of this tar & feather session, but I like the apron and lockdown bar.

Mew too!

How he resisted the urge to slap 5 plastic Terminator skulls of varying quality with LED eyes on each of them we may never know.

I'm also coming around to the ridiculous coin door Terminator. Lets face it...who amongst us has never had the urge to teabag a T-800?

#23 7 years ago

who cares edit. GLWS

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Here's another use of that apron:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only?tu=litz

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Judgment Day indeed.

Ha! Tough crowd - ouch!

#26 7 years ago

For the life of me, I don't understand why you guys have nothing better to do than get together and spew negative comments on a fs post. T2's sell in the current market for $2.5-3K. This one's obviously had a ton of work done to it and therefore commands a higher price. If you don't like the price, offer what you'd like to pay. If you don't like all the mods, take one or two off and sell them after you buy the game. If you don't want to buy the game, then find something productive to do on this site, like helping someone with a tech issue. If you're going to spread nothing but negativity, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that most people don't want you on this site.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from MikePags:

T2's sell in the current market for $2.5-3K.

Disagree...if that's not too negative.

#28 7 years ago

Ok to help I would offer $2000 for that game.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Disagree...if that's not too negative.

I had a super nice stock one I sold for $2500. I would put the market at $1900-$2500. People just don't want to pay more for them.

Throwing money into questionable mods is just throwing money into a black hole and for superfans with keepers only. You won't get it back.

#30 7 years ago

Damn, how did I miss that? Now there's a T2 I would pay $4k to have.

#31 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#32 7 years ago

download_(resized).jpgdownload_(resized).jpg

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

The apron alone is $500 bucks

On my 2001 Ford Taurus I just put on Pirelli Cinturato P7 tires ($600 in tires), awesome racing quality Motorcraft calipers ($200 a piece), performance Centric rotors ($80 a piece), and Sachs Supertouring struts ($115 a piece). That's almost $1,800 in killer mods, and that's only the wheels/suspension. Wait until you see under the hood.

I'm going to place an ad on Autotrader soon, thinking about asking $10,000 for a 2001 Ford Taurus with 175K miles on it. I figured that's probably on the low side, but we'll see. I should get offers flying in so I'll have room to negotiate.

All kidding aside, just because you mod the hell out of a game doesn't mean it's worth the monetary value of all the mods. You could mod the hell out of any game, but no one is going to pay a really high asking price. Take a Williams World Cup (1978) for example. It's not a great game and doesn't fetch much. You could put 100+ hours into labor, deck it out in all kinds of crap, but no one is going to pay you $3,000 for it. Just my 2 "sense" anyways.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcadegarage:

Metal lower cabinet trim all around

What is up with this?

I think it is not an upgrade. sorry, the more I look at this game, the more it looks like a beater.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from MikePags:

For the life of me, I don't understand why you guys have nothing better to do than get together and spew negative comments on a fs post. T2's sell in the current market for $2.5-3K. This one's obviously had a ton of work done to it and therefore commands a higher price. If you don't like the price, offer what you'd like to pay. If you don't like all the mods, take one or two off and sell them after you buy the game. If you don't want to buy the game, then find something productive to do on this site, like helping someone with a tech issue. If you're going to spread nothing but negativity, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that most people don't want you on this site.

Because this is just ridiculous!! That's why. Christ.

#36 7 years ago

No bash here, just a "hands over face" moment... WHY oh why do SO MANY people keep dumping tons of money into pins they don't plan to keep, thinking they can recover their full investment PLUS? Especially when they do it a million miles from original to suit their own specific taste? Its the same thing with totally stock restorations, if the average value of a game is $2000, and you put a new playfield, plastics, ramps etc into it... it doesn't make it suddenly worth $8000 in the free market!! DON'T INVEST TONS OF MONEY INTO PINS OR MODS UNLESS YOU PLAN TO KEEP IT! All the parts, work and time you spend doing it is only worth the time and money you spent, TO YOU! I am upside-down in almost every pin I own because I spent whatever it took to bring them back to mint (100% original), and NONE of them will EVER be sold, because i'll lose my ass on them... But that's NOT an issue, because I bought them and did all the work to them with the intent of KEEPING them!!
That being said... I sincerely DO hope you find that very unique buyer who has a very similar mod taste to you, that ALSO has the extra cash to spend over a nice stock machine for $1000-$1500 less.
I do have to ask this though... were these pics taken BEFORE you "just cleaned" it? Cuz every rubber I can see in the pics is FILTHY! And whats with the white rings on the post sleeves??? Anyway... now everyone please leave this poor guy alone!

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

No bash here, just a "hands over face" moment... WHY oh why do SO MANY people keep dumping tons of money into pins they don't plan to keep, thinking they can recover their full investment PLUS? Especially when they do it a million miles from original to suit their own specific taste? Its the same thing with totally stock restorations, if the average value of a game is $2000, and you put a new playfield, plastics, ramps etc into it... it doesn't make it suddenly worth $8000 in the free market!! DON'T INVEST TONS OF MONEY INTO PINS OR MODS UNLESS YOU PLAN TO KEEP IT! All the parts, work and time you spend doing it is only worth the time and money you spent, TO YOU! I am upside-down in almost every pin I own because I spent whatever it took to bring them back to mint (100% original), and NONE of them will EVER be sold, because i'll lose my ass on them... But that's NOT an issue, because I bought them and did all the work to them with the intent of KEEPING them!!

Don't bash me on the cargument here please....it's the same with cars though. I have 1970 VW Karmann Ghia with color changing paint job, custom interior and motor build. A lot of $ sure....but I like it, doesn't mean if I put it up for sale I'll find a buyer with same taste though....any custom work is for a small niche market. Seller may find someone who will pay this, but I think it is a small market he/she has to find. I see the dollar value on some of these mods like the apron, they aren't cheap. Mentioned earlier, give the option of stock parts and sell the mods separate, quicker sale I'd think.

#38 7 years ago

Also to add, I've modded most of my pins nicely (at least according to gang that's played them), but plan on keeping them. When you put out that $ you don't get it back except in personal enjoyment I'd say.

#39 7 years ago

Seems like everyone has voiced their views...could probably stop piling on...but, this IS the internet so it'll keep going. If this were a CL ad you would not say a thing and certainly wouldn't say this stuff to the guy's face. You would just laugh and ignore it but pinside LOVES a good drama thread. Like a bunch of "mean girls".

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Seems like everyone has voiced their views...could probably stop piling on...but, this IS the internet so it'll keep going. If this were a CL ad you would not say a thing and certainly wouldn't say this stuff to the guy's face. You would just laugh and ignore it but pinside LOVES a good drama thread. Like a bunch of "mean girls".

He had the option of not putting his ad in the forum. I'll take the price police over the price pumpers any day. There's been a lot of wtf prices lately.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Like a bunch of "mean girls".

Except not as interesting….

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

He had the option of not putting his ad in the forum. I'll take the price police over the price pumpers any day. There's been a lot of wtf prices lately.

You said it.

#43 7 years ago

Bunch of cyber bullies! This is the stuff we are supposed to tell our kids not to do. When this guys commits harikari over your price critiques you'll feel bad.

#44 7 years ago

$4k is too much for me on any T2 but think this one looks great. I loved T2 but so many of them were just beat up. It makes me feel better about the world to know there are such fine examples of T2 out there. Thanks for posting.

#45 7 years ago

Sorry some of you guys feel the way you do. It's really unfortunate the way this panned out. Thanks to all those with kind remarks and pm's.

I'll be taking this ad down since it is too far tarnished. Good luck in the hobby.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 9.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 21.95
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-terminator-2-judgment-day-williams-1991-2022?hl=rjbowes3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.