(Topic ID: 156349)

For sale: Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Williams, 1991)

By dsmoke1986

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
pasted_image_(resized).png
01_(resized).jpg
c16980b9f84e3b0c69882c2eeba65191_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
PP_(resized).png
baby-cries_(resized).jpg
20140426_001616_(resized).jpg
t2thumbsupr.gif
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flippermatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#102 8 years ago

How could you not take care of the corrosion and not have the lockdownbar receiver sandblasted in the first place before venturing into talks about collector items ? Playfield nice or not, a dirty receiver beginning to rust is the first thing to pop out when lifting the playfield... Your inlane balltrails on the P.F does not make this a mint machine either.. I cant see how you can reason the price to be over $3k at the very most.. Not to mention the scratches and marks on the apron that someone tried to conceal with a black marker..

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Threads like this make me consider leaving pinside. This is what is becoming the norm with all its BS. Just let the guy post his pin for what he is asking for christ sake!! Let the potential buyers decide !! Something is simply only worth what someone is willing to play !! Lets say someone in his area knows nothing about fixing, restoring, maintaining pins etc , but has money that most dont and wants a nice T2 and is willing to pay top dollar for it then what business is it of ours to judge ? Lets move on folks !!!!!!!!

How about false marketing aiming to convince some poor newbie that the offered item in it's current state, is prime belonging in the collectors club. It is even far away from being near mint. Deliberate or not due to inexperience is important. Price aside the seller can price as much as he wants, I don't care as long as the description corresponds to the actual condition. Corrosion and collector's item do not cope very well together as is the case here. Needless to say, It's an immediate no-entry to the club. Seller states in post 3 that the playefield is mint. It took me 2 seconds looking at the picture telling it's not. A mint playfield DOES NOT have wood chewed away on the edge from the outkicker to the shooterlane. The errosion is well in progress and no attempts are made to prevent further decay into the wood, either with protectors or refurbishment with putty, resin and an automotive protective coat (yes we are inspecting a supposedly MINT would-be-machine here). Buyer's responsibility to check things first by all means, however there are zillions of things in a pinball machine the untrained eye will miss and what to look out for at the short buyer-seller meeting. If I can help that newbie in his mission "especially specified in his/her search of buying a mint machine", by not overpaying $2.000 by blowing the cover "collector's item" then I'm happy. Used cars and pinball machines is murky waters overlittered with the seller's prime weapon - witheld information. Mint machines and collector's items should only deserve that description if they are. If pinball machines are described mint they should fall under extreme nitpicking. Should passengers with 3rd class tickets be admitted to ride in 1st class ?

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Goddamn! Those prices are insane. I feel bad for the OP now that I see how he got taken, though this still isn't a $4k game.

They can go to hell. I hope their business burns down to the ground. These people are the reason this hobby has since long derailed. Ripping off 1st time buyers putting them later on, in the similar spot that this O.P currently finds himself to be in with his T2. It sucks... I can hear the conversation taking place when trying to justify the price. "There are only 10 machines left in the world", "You are paying a fair price for Cyclone, only $4300", "You will not find pinball machines anywhere else but here, See this company Williams bought back all the machines but a handfull when they closed down." It is just disgusting....Afterall it's a piece of wood with the cheapest components ever with crap quality...Cyclone for $4300 !!! How the hell does one reason the price to that level and sleep good at night...? There are others as well.. I puke when I see a well known dynamite guy on Youtube insisting his machines are the best in the world thus justifying substandard sys11 games for over $3K...

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Are you saying that you support their business

Are you saying that you support their business model?

Does it sound like I support grossly overprized everyday machines being pushed on newcomers ?

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Price police is good for pinball? That's rich. A bunch of self righteous talk is all I hear. OP has been insulted and badgered relentlessly over and over. When has the price police helped someone selling a game too cheap? Never because you are too busy buying it and telling everyone what a good deal you got. It might be crazy but how about allowing sellers to put their own price on a game. Buyers get too choose whether said game is worth that price. If game does not sell then seller can reduce price or negotiate lower price with interested potential buyer. If both buyer and seller are happy with deal then that's all that matters. This idea that people not involved in deal in anyway are going to dictate that price for the good of man is ridiculous.

There is no problem with that. The problem is when something is being covinced into being in mint condition and a collector's item when in fact it has corrosion and wear.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 21.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flippermatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-terminator-2-judgment-day-williams-1991-2011?tu=Flippermatt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.