(Topic ID: 156349)

For sale: Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Williams, 1991)

By dsmoke1986

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
pasted_image_(resized).png
01_(resized).jpg
c16980b9f84e3b0c69882c2eeba65191_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
PP_(resized).png
baby-cries_(resized).jpg
20140426_001616_(resized).jpg
t2thumbsupr.gif
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Are you for real? Calling me a liar? You want to see my receipt of original purchase?

I never said you were a liar aboot how much you paid for you machine, never said you were trying to flip it. EVER. Never even insinuated it.

#102 8 years ago

How could you not take care of the corrosion and not have the lockdownbar receiver sandblasted in the first place before venturing into talks about collector items ? Playfield nice or not, a dirty receiver beginning to rust is the first thing to pop out when lifting the playfield... Your inlane balltrails on the P.F does not make this a mint machine either.. I cant see how you can reason the price to be over $3k at the very most.. Not to mention the scratches and marks on the apron that someone tried to conceal with a black marker..

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sellers whom are known liars, people that say "nicest machine I've ever seen" when obviously a lie

WTF is this?

#104 8 years ago

It's commenting on something you said in your for sale price that has nothing to do with the price you paid.

So that was an honest answer I gave. So let me ask you a question and then you can answer me honestly;

Do you think the T2 PF you're selling is "mint?" Your words.

#105 8 years ago

Dsmoke, this whole thread is just ridiculous... You shouldn't have to deal with all this drama. Altho I am one who HIGHLY resents the way some greed has driven prices on pins to the point that its pricing me out of my own 30-year hobby, I have a solution to help you get your price, and maintain the semi-reasonable average selling price!!

I will sell my mint 90% original (has LED's & Titan rubber now) HUO T2 that I have personally owned for 22 years... for $50.
Problem solved, now everyone stop beating up on this poor guy, and someone PLEASE give him 4 grand for this machine!!?

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Dsmoke, this whole thread is just ridiculous... You shouldn't have to deal with all this drama. Altho I am one who HIGHLY resents the way some greed has driven prices on pins to the point that its pricing me out of my own 30-year hobby, I have a solution to help you get your price, and maintain the semi-reasonable average selling price!!
I will sell my mint 90% original (has LED's & Titan rubber now) HUO T2 that I have personally owned for 22 years... for $50.
Problem solved, now everyone stop beating up on this poor guy, and someone PLEASE give him 4 grand for this machine!!?

Done. Do you ship?

#107 8 years ago

How much do Titan rubbers cost? Confused as to why everyone mentions them in for sale threads?

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Done. Do you ship?

Certainly, shipping is 4 grand.

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Certainly, shipping is 4 grand.

Classic "as seen on TV" pricing!

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's commenting on something you said in your for sale price that has nothing to do with the price you paid.
So that was an honest answer I gave. So let me ask you a question and then you can answer me honestly;
Do you think the T2 PF you're selling is "mint?" Your words.

I do, yes. It's a beautiful machine IMO.

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I do, yes. It's a beautiful machine IMO.

Fair enough. If this is "mint" & "Collector Quality" to you then that's what it is.
GLWS

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

haha, deal.

It's frustrating process for sure.

I bought my first pin in 2014, so am fairly new to the hobby of pin "collecting". I've bought about a dozen arcade cabs, am more well versed there.

In all honesty, it's not like I've seen a million pins, I go to the Railroad in Linfield, live right down the street, play their pins, and see what I see when I go to Ron's or TNT, etc...So I am not intentionally misrepresenting anything, I think it's beautiful.

Had a very discerning local collector out to my house to see it about 4 months ago and he agreed, thought it was a very nice example of T2. So that's what I'm going off of, just trying to sell a pin. That is all...Onward and Upward.

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I run a business and don't have the time to fully shop a machine

there's your problem...give up your day job, spend 100's of hours working on your games and then, maybe, juuuust maybe, you'll earn the respect of the pinside price police squad when you sell the game at cost and don't get paid for any of your work on it. There's a double top secret handshake involved somewhere as well. It's like the Free Masons I think...

#114 8 years ago

Just end this ad, start a new one, and don't check the forum topic box.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

there's your problem...give up your day job, spend 100's of hours working on your games and then, maybe, juuuust maybe, you'll earn the respect of the pinside price police squad when you sell the game at cost and don't get paid for any of your work on it. There's a double top secret handshake involved somewhere as well. It's like the Free Masons I think...

haha, true dat.

#116 8 years ago

Op keep doing what you are doing. These people are attacking you like a group of girls. It's that Internet pack mentality. Good luck with sale.

#117 8 years ago

t2thumbsupr.gift2thumbsupr.gif

#118 8 years ago

I guess I under priced my T2

20140426_001616_(resized).jpg20140426_001616_(resized).jpg

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

That was the nicest T2 I ever saw. I remember the price tag too....a typical bundy awesome deal

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

You did not have the "modded" black gun handle

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

"absolutely gorgeous"

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How much do Titan rubbers cost? Confused as to why everyone mentions them in for sale threads?

they cost about 4 times more than a regular set of rubbers. TOTALLY WORTH IT imo.

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

they cost about 4 times more than a regular set of rubbers. TOTALLY WORTH IT imo.

They certainly seem to be lasting a hell of a lot longer than reg rubbers.

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

haha, deal.
It's frustrating process for sure..

If you really paid $4500 for a T2, you got 100% hosed. I'd consider it a lesson learned and sell the game for what it's really worth. $2500 =/-

#125 8 years ago

I feel a price drop coming. .....$3999.00

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

If you really paid $4500 for a T2, you got 100% hosed. I'd consider it a lesson learned and sell the game for what it's really worth. $2500 +/-

#127 8 years ago

I thought about chiming in to comment about the seller's price....then I remembered something. ..I have a life. That is all.

#128 8 years ago

Yes i'm drunk but Dame that double the price

#129 8 years ago

Threads like this make me consider leaving pinside. This is what is becoming the norm with all its BS. Just let the guy post his pin for what he is asking for christ sake!! Let the potential buyers decide !! Something is simply only worth what someone is willing to play !! Lets say someone in his area knows nothing about fixing, restoring, maintaining pins etc , but has money that most dont and wants a nice T2 and is willing to pay top dollar for it then what business is it of ours to judge ? Lets move on folks !!!!!!!!

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Threads like this make me consider leaving pinside. This is what is becoming the norm with all its BS. Just let the guy post his pin for what he is asking for christ sake!! Let the potential buyers decide !! Something is simply only worth what someone is willing to play !! Lets say someone in his area knows nothing about fixing, restoring, maintaining pins etc , but has money that most dont and wants a nice T2 and is willing to pay top dollar for it then what business is it of ours to judge ? Lets move on folks !!!!!!!!

So you are considering leaving the site? I am thankful for thicker skin than that. I wouldn't leave a site I enjoy because a few rude bastids post their opinions. It gives you something to bitch about, so even the posts you don't enjoy serve a purpose

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

So you are considering leaving the site? I am thankful for thicker skin than that.

My skin is plenty thick, all this gets a little old is all. No need for it as i suggested.

Quoted from yzfguy:

I wouldn't leave a site I enjoy because a few rude bastids post their opinions.

I honestly agree, too many truly great people here.

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Threads like this make me consider leaving pinside.

I might consider leaving if I see any more Terminator 2's listed for $4500.

#133 8 years ago

baby-cries_(resized).jpgbaby-cries_(resized).jpg

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Threads like this make me consider leaving pinside. ...Just let the guy post his pin for what he is asking for christ sake!! Let the potential buyers decide !! Something is simply only worth what someone is willing to play !! Lets say someone in his area knows nothing about fixing, restoring, maintaining pins etc , but has money that most dont and wants a nice T2 and is willing to pay top dollar for it ...

Threads like this are one of the best things about Pinside. I do wish people were nicer about it. It's too bad the seller paid a high retail price, it's great people here made other potential buyers aware the asking price was far too high and the seller's opinion of the game condition was also questionable.

GLWS DJsmoke. If you're ever near Austin let's go play some pinball!

#135 8 years ago

Man, you guys would kill me on the cost of my HEP T2. GLWS!!!

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Man, you guys would kill me on the cost of my HEP T2. GLWS!!!

Nope. Everyone on here knows what HEP is and what type of work goes into one. Nobody's gonna beat up anyone on a HEP that pops up. At least I hope not.

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. Everyone on here knows what HEP is and what type of work goes into one. Nobody's gonna beat up anyone on a HEP that pops up. At least I hope not.

Yup totally agree

#138 8 years ago

Price policing is like shorting in the stock market, some people during the last crash wanted to ban short selling, (they actually did for a time) however economist, professors and market analysts said that would create even more uncertainty and havoc because SS was a healthy component of the market. So police on....

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

You did underprice it.

#140 8 years ago

Some people on this site need a Fn life!

Dsmoke, good luck! Your wwfrr looks amazing.

My buddy not far from you had a nice t2 you can play when you sell yours.

#141 8 years ago

The point of pinside is to keep Pinball healthy and alive. These aggressive threads "Price Police" are important to help new members in the hobby to know a T2 in this condition is not worth $4k. NOT helping new people in this hobby is killing the hobby. So... Anyone that finds it "WRONG" or "need a Fn life!" simply have no idea how important threads like this are. In this case the OP sounds innocent, and learned quick his $2k T2 is not a 4K. We are better than craigslist, we help the new guy and we regulate common sense. It is NOT, "Hell whatever you want to sell it for, as long as some idiot buys it" type of community. The price police will live forever. We are here to help. "We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us."

PP_(resized).pngPP_(resized).png

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

The point of pinside is to keep Pinball healthy and alive. These aggressive threads "Price Police" are important to help new members in the hobby to know a T2 in this condition is not worth $4k. NOT helping new people in this hobby is killing the hobby. So... Anyone that finds it "WRONG" or "need a Fn life!" simply have no idea how important threads like this are. In this case the OP sounds innocent, and learned quick his $2k T2 is not a 4K. We are better than craigslist, we help the new guy and we regulate common sense. It is NOT, "Hell whatever you want to sell it for, as long as some idiot buys it" type of community. The price police will live forever. We are here to help. "We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us."
PP_(resized).png

did someone say price police? yeah this is super overpriced ..For 4k you would assume the game was restored but instead its just an original game that hasn't been beat up as badly as others. I wouldn't call it collector quality by any means. moving on to the next thread.

#143 8 years ago

Spock is right ...this price is like in outer space !!!!!

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Are you for real? Calling me a liar? You want to see my receipt of original purchase?
I didn't buy this for $1500, shop it myself, mod it and then try and sell it for 4k. I over-paid according to you and am now trying to sell it.
I'm not misrepresenting anything, in my opinion, it's a beautiful machine

The problem is you are ill-informed on the topic and instead of seeking knowledge you close your eyes and take a swing at anyone offering it.

Just because you believe something doesn't make it true. You have a nice, mostly stock example of the game. If you really have offs in the 3s and not just covering your butt... You should take it and run and consider yourself lucky you found such an eager buyer.

T2 is a 1800-2300 game in the hobby market unless it super nice.

#145 8 years ago

So, generally speaking...would we all agree that this game is priced fairly?

#146 8 years ago

he bought retail, people do that...he is selling for retail...this has all been covered but let's continue to bump!

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

PP_(resized).png

Well said!!!

I know people complain about "price police" but it's for the greater good of the hobby so that newbs don't get screwed and pay too much for a machine like this- which is exactly what happened to the OP as he paid too much for it. It's a shame there were no price police there to stop him from overpaying for it in the first place, now he wants to push that price to others simply because he was jacked to begin with.

All I know if if I listed a personal machine for a certain amount, and people commented on how it's not worth it- let's assume the majority of comments were telling me it's not worth my asking price, I'd most definitely change the price a bit and thank those people for taking the time to assist in the appraisal process of my machine. The people being critical of the price clearly have knowledge and insight as to market values based on the title and condition of said title, so to me that's a good thing here on Pinside. Why anyone would contemplate leaving for that reason is beyond me.

#148 8 years ago

"Bought from Ron Clemens for $4500 about a year ago."

Who is Ron?

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from altan:

"Bought from Ron Clemens for $4500 about a year ago."
Who is Ron?

Probably this guy, whose day job is a used car salesman

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

How about false marketing aiming to convince some poor newbie that the offered item in it's current state, is prime belonging in the collectors club. It is even far away from being near mint. Deliberate or not due to inexperience is important. Price aside the seller can price as much as he wants, I don't care as long as the description corresponds to the actual condition. Corrosion and collector's item do not cope very well together as is the case here. Needless to say, It's an immediate no-entry to the club. Seller states in post 3 that the playefield is mint. It took me 2 seconds looking at the picture telling it's not. A mint playfield DOES NOT have wood chewed away on the edge from the outkicker to the shooterlane. The errosion is well in progress and no attempts are made to prevent further decay into the wood, either with protectors or refurbishment with putty, resin and an automotive protective coat (yes we are inspecting a supposedly MINT would-be-machine here). Buyer's responsibility to check things first by all means, however there are zillions of things in a pinball machine the untrained eye will miss and what to look out for at the short buyer-seller meeting. If I can help that newbie in his mission "especially specified in his/her search of buying a mint machine", by not overpaying $2.000 by blowing the cover "collector's item" then I'm happy. Used cars and pinball machines is murky waters overlittered with the seller's prime weapon - witheld information. Mint machines and collector's items should only deserve that description if they are. If pinball machines are described mint they should fall under extreme nitpicking. Should passengers with 3rd class tickets be admitted to ride in 1st class ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 21.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-terminator-2-judgment-day-williams-1991-2011/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.