Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by metahugh
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

30403 (resized).jpeg
rb (resized).jpg
4D2B67F8-D15A-4E87-A620-6C067DCFF689 (resized).jpeg
20160919_205927 (resized).jpg
20160919_205611 (resized).jpg
20160919_205918 (resized).jpg
20160919_205632 (resized).jpg
20160919_205540 (resized).jpg
20160919_205534 (resized).jpg
20160919_205520 (resized).jpg
20160919_205525 (resized).jpg
20160919_205515 (resized).jpg
20160919_205505 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBiz:

This guy just goes around price policing and crapping on everyone’s FS posts.
Beautiful T2 and worth the money considering all the restoration work done. GLWTS.

just dillusional pinsiders, like yourself!

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

just dillusional pinsiders, like yourself!

You obviously don't own any professionally restored machines. Nothing delusional at all....contact any of the higher end restorers on Pinside and get a quote .....price is very fair if in the market for this class of machine. Oh, and the chrome looks great....fits perfectly with the 'retheme'. GLWS....it looks awesome!

#53 1 year ago

Fair or not....its still a T2. It's worth what someone wants to pay, wether or not they are the ones getting it restored or the buyer. but, it's still a T2....

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from mikerob34:

You obviously don't own any professionally restored machines. Nothing delusional at all....contact any of the higher end restorers on Pinside and get a quote .....price is very fair if in the market for this class of machine. Oh, and the chrome looks great....fits perfectly with the 'retheme'. GLWS....it looks awesome!

no, I don't ! chrome and mods don't make the game better, I buy games for gameplay, not to sit and look at.

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

no, I don't ! chrome and mods don't make the game better, I buy games for gameplay, not to sit and look at.

So if you were invited over to this seller's home to play this game would you just sit and look at it? Restored pins are meant to be played and played hard....not just 'looked at'. Never said chrome and mods make a game better either...and besides, the game has a lot more than just those two things going on.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from mikerob34:You obviously don't own any professionally restored machines. Nothing delusional at all....contact any of the higher end restorers on Pinside and get a quote .....price is very fair if in the market for this class of machine. Oh, and the chrome looks great....fits perfectly with the 'retheme'. GLWS....it looks awesome!

Quoted from jkashani:

Fair or not....its still a T2. It's worth what someone wants to pay, wether or not they are the ones getting it restored or the buyer. but, it's still a T2....

But see now this is what I was saying earlier. There's this whole 'nother Bizarro world that some, including me, are not privy to. A world of buyers and sellers of everything HE restored. Normal market principles fail to operate. Apply chrome and all possible mods to a Popeye Saves the Earth, and you've created a $6k+ LE equivalent for sale. We're not equipped to understand this value so we have to let it go and stop using up the oxygen for those who "get it". They are laughing at us.

#57 1 year ago

Georgeous game! Whoever said it’s a re-theme is a idiot. It’s every bit of a T2 with all the bling. If I had room I’d prolly jump on this one.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

But see now this is what I was saying earlier. There's this whole 'nother Bizarro world that some, including me, are not privy to. A world of buyers and sellers of everything HE restored. Normal market principles fail to operate. Apply chrome and all possible mods to a Popeye Saves the Earth, and you've created a $6k+ LE equivalent for sale. We're not equipped to understand this value so we have to let it go and stop using up the oxygen for those who "get it". They are laughing at us.

Yeah its really complicated and 'Bizarro'....a secret society of mysterious coded messages and secret handshakes only privy to 'members' on the checkerboard floor. It's called the the free market so yes, seems like you don't get it and we are laughing at you. If you have such an issue with the price go find a 'beater for sale' thread and bitch there.....jeeze.

#59 1 year ago

It’s worth the money, but I ‘m not willing to pay that money for this title. I ‘d pay $5k for one like this if it were brought to me.

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from mikerob34:

So if you were invited over to this seller's home to play this game would you just sit and look at it? Restored pins are meant to be played and played hard....not just 'looked at'. Never said chrome and mods make a game better either...and besides, the game has a lot more than just those two things going on.

yes I would, ive had 3 terminators in the last 2 yrs, game doesn't interest me at all anymore honestly. just bought them, fixed them, sold them. all for $2200-$2600 fully shopped. good dmd game for the noobie with a restricted budget to be able to get his first machine and get into the hobby with.

#61 1 year ago

Fair enough...you don't like the game. Can't say its on my wish list either really. My issue is with comments in regards to this pin like ' Apply chrome and all possible mods to a Popeye Saves the Earth, and you've created a $6k blah blah blah..' That is not even in the same ballpark....there is a lot more that went into this game than those two things. If you don't like the game for whatever reason, I get that....it won't be worth anything more to you whatever was done to it. My point was that for someone who loves the game and would consider, or be in the market for a higher end restore....this game is worth the asking price IMO....that's all.

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

If you believe in 50/50 split between labour and parts then you get to $7K in a real hurry.
$7,000 - $2,200 = $4,800
$2,400 in parts
$2,400 in labour
Without knowing any of the actual costs but fuzzy math gets you close. 1K playfield, $400DMD, plating $400, apron $200, $250 side art, plastics $150 gets you there and that was without trying.
Is 100hrs unreasonable to tear this down and put it back together? At that point you're working for $24 an hour.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is $1500-1800 in the playfield alone.

If a good clearcoater did the work then it can get expensive. The NOS field alone could have cost a lot. It may sound crazy to have this much money in a restored game but it can easily happen.

#63 1 year ago

My issue is with people who just shill for a game by saying it's "worth it", but they personally of course don't like it enough to buy it, or it doesn't fit their collection, or whatever the excuse is. But their great point is that for that one person who feels it's worth it, rest assured it's worth it. Brilliant.

#64 1 year ago

Here is a video walk around showing the game....

#65 1 year ago

You could look at it like this: 8k will get you a brand new Mafia with plastic everywhere and essentially an overlay. Or you could have this T2 which will probably outlast that NIB Mafia and is likely build stronger and restored to better than new.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

You could look at it like this: 8k will get you a brand new Mafia with plastic everywhere and essentially an overlay. Or you could have this T2 which will probably outlast that NIB Mafia and is likely build stronger and restored to better than new.

I guess buying neither is not an option?

#67 1 year ago

That's actually quite beautiful.
Look, I'm proud of the treatment you've given the T2. I was a little too sarcastic earlier, although I stand by my main points. I owned my T2 for over 15 years, and basically raised my kids on it.
Obviously you're entitled to try and sell it in peace. People have different passions, and the pinball market is probably not even a market, really. Nothing reliable, nor predictable about it. Is fine art a "market"? Your HE T2 is way closer to that than mine ever was. I hope it gets a great home.

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I guess buying neither is not an option?

Or both? I'm just saying there is or there isn't a market for both of these. But just have to see if it sells. People trashing it are just ridiculous. If you don't like it, move along. Not like he's asking top dollar for some Imamaculate POS.

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I wouldn't be surprised if there is $1500-1800 in the playfield alone.
If a good clearcoater did the work then it can get expensive. The NOS field alone could have cost a lot. It may sound crazy to have this much money in a restored game but it can easily happen.

A pins value has little to do with the actual restoration cost. If it did, this would have sold immediately.

I'm interested and contacted Mike...just can't make sense of 7k + shipping.

snaroff

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

It’s worth the money, but I ‘m not willing to pay that money for this title. I ‘d pay $5k for one like this if it were brought to me.

Yeah I kind of remembering you giving me an offer on a machine I had for sale a while back and part of the deal is that I had to pay for the shipping. That was funny, it made me laugh.

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

nice machine but at the end of the day, its still a $2600 terminator with bling!

*sigh*

I see T2's in Australia go for $9,000-$10,000

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

*sigh*
I see T2's in Australia go for $9,000-$10,000

Isn't that a bag of Big Macs with your Monopoly money?

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from Anonymouse:

Isn't that a bag of Big Macs with your Monopoly money?

haha good one

Unfortunately Australia is doing very well economically and our wages are above average.

Why unfortunately? Because Pinball prices are through the roof haha! That and the limited availability of the machines here compared to the US.

I've seen System 11 games go for $3,000-$5,000!

New Stern LE's here are $12,000+ and take months to get to us!

Its crazy! However we do tend to look after the games and therefore the quality is pretty good here.

There's a pub I go to which gets the new Stern's in and they are always LE's. Its nice to play LE's on location!

Anyway, beautiful-looking T2. Hope it finds a good home!

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Yeah I kind of remembering you giving me an offer on a machine I had for sale a while back and part of the deal is that I had to pay for the shipping. That was funny, it made me laugh.

And over the years, I have purchased many games from people to whom I made offers who initially rejected them, but later came back and asked if the offer was still good. I'm surprised to see that you can muster the energy to be offended that an offer was expressed in "shipped" terms.

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I'm surprised to see that you can muster the energy to be offended that an offer was expressed in "shipped" terms.

Agreed. That's a head-scratcher. Shipping can definitely kill deals, no hurt in asking if it can be included to get er' done.

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

A pins value has little to do with the actual restoration cost. If it did, this would have sold immediately.
I'm interested and contacted Mike...just can't make sense of 7k + shipping.
snaroff

No argument there, but the restoration cost can dictate the asking price, that was my point.

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside