20160919_205918 (resized).jpg
20160919_205632 (resized).jpg
20160919_205540 (resized).jpg
20160919_205534 (resized).jpg
20160919_205520 (resized).jpg
20160919_205525 (resized).jpg
20160919_205515 (resized).jpg
20160919_205505 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Terminator 2 Incredible 1 of a kind

Added: 2018-06-21 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (August 4th, 2018) • Ended: October 1st, 2018
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 7,000 (Firm)

Price is firm

One of a kind Terminator 2 Pinball Machine. This is a Doug Huse restoration. New clearcoated Playfield. New custom cabinet decals - see pics they look fantastic. Custom Apron. Chrome everything. Shaker Motor, Color DMD display, High quality LED lighting throughout, New Ramps, New Plastics, Pinball Pro sound, mirror blades and back art, Chrome wireforms, all the ship mods. Basically new everything! This is the best of the best. Plays perfect. Has to be one of the nicest T2s on the planet!

Here is a video walk around

Item photos

20160919_205505 (resized).jpg
20160919_205515 (resized).jpg
20160919_205525 (resized).jpg
20160919_205520 (resized).jpg
20160919_205534 (resized).jpg
20160919_205540 (resized).jpg
20160919_205632 (resized).jpg
20160919_205918 (resized).jpg
20160919_205611 (resized).jpg
20160919_205927 (resized).jpg
30403 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are michiganpinball's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to michiganpinball's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Chelsea, MI, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 21.95

#2 5 years ago

Very pretty!

#3 5 years ago

#4 5 years ago

WOW. This game is not for me, but it looks STUNNING!

#5 5 years ago

Awesome looking!!!

4 weeks later
#8 5 years ago

nice machine but at the end of the day, its still a $2600 terminator with bling!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

nice machine but at the end of the day, its still a $2600 terminator with bling!

There is a different market for fully restored games with clear coated playfields. The prices can’t be compared to what people get for non-restored routed games, different market.

#10 5 years ago

Arnold may buy it

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Arnold may buy it

I bet he already has one.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

This guy just goes around price policing and crapping on everyone’s FS posts.

Beautiful T2 and worth the money considering all the restoration work done. GLWTS.

#13 5 years ago

License and registration, please

4D2B67F8-D15A-4E87-A620-6C067DCFF689 (resized).jpeg4D2B67F8-D15A-4E87-A620-6C067DCFF689 (resized).jpeg
#14 5 years ago

Open to trades?

#15 5 years ago

Are FS posts sacred and beyond reproach? Is that in the Pinside bylaws?
Afterall, seller doesn't HAVE to link it to an open forum thread. Seller does it to increase exposure, which is cool. But then you gotta take the bad with the good.
No need to shame people who are just saying what most of us are thinking!

Anyways, moderator explained that it's a whole different market that "in-the-know" people are tuned in to, not me. So, good enough. Hands off.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

Anyways, moderator explained that it's a whole different market that "in-the-know" people are tuned in to, not me. So, good enough. Hands off.

Given your impressive collection (seriously, your collection rocks!) I’m confident you’ve seen the price differential for unrestored vs fully restored 90’s games. I’m not commenting on seller’s price herein, but to say this is a sub 3k game with some bling (which was the comment someone made I was responding to) isn’t really fair to the seller.

Yes, some price policing is to be expected when you Link the forum to your listing. It’s all good bumps for the seller though.

#17 5 years ago

FS adds r for people wanting to buy the pin, there’s no room for price police. IMO

After all if games weren’t linked to the FS forum we all would miss out on a lot of adds for pins

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

You call a new cc playfield and new decals bling?? Not sure I understand that. New ramps is bling? Well then I want as much bling as I can get.

#19 5 years ago

No amount of improvements triples the price of a machine; unless we're talking gold plating. With that said, this is a great machine that will go for top T2 dollar!

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

You call a new cc playfield and new decals bling??

I don;t know but I would guess he was reffering to the chromed rails, coin door, weird ball arch, speaker panels etc

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

No amount of improvements triples the price of a machine; unless we're talking gold plating. With that said, this is a great machine that will go for top T2 dollar!

You should see a HEP invoice

#22 5 years ago

T2 was over looked for years. I paid $4500
For a fully restored game that I consider flawless
Caption Neo playfield etc.

Then put full leds n color dmd
I wouldnt sell it for $7500
Restoration cost are going crazy

A Stern pro for 6k ? sorry guys I feel is junk compared to build quality of a Williams

T2 is a great game

#23 5 years ago

This game had a nos playfield clear coated then installed. So u can add to the value that it wasn’t a used playfield and clear coated... it was a spare nos purchased before the restoration... game was originally from a friend of mine, $7k doesn’t even come close to the money put in this game.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

$7k doesn’t even come close to the money put in this game.

Wow. Someone really loves T2.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

There is a different market for fully restored games with clear coated playfields. The prices can’t be compared to what people get for non-restored routed games, different market.

Not sold after 30 days, I think the market is speaking.

#26 5 years ago

I think the OP is either gonna keep it or take a real beating on it. Not to many people around shelling out money for this restoration type machine and with some of the new machines absorbing the money it makes a tough sale.
As a Terminator fan I will say if I didn't have money tied up for TNA I would offer $6k for this because no matter how beautiful it is and all the love that went into making it this way it's still a T2 and the market will prove that.
Best wishes finding a buyer, gorgeous machine.
-Mike

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I think the OP is either gonna keep it or take a real beating on it. Not to many people around shelling out money for this restoration type machine and with some of the new machines absorbing the money it makes a tough sale.
As a Terminator fan I will say if I didn't have money tied up for TNA I would offer $6k for this because no matter how beautiful it is and all the love that went into making it this way it's still a T2 and the market will prove that.
Best wishes finding a buyer, gorgeous machine.
-Mike

There are two scenarios that play out when people go to this level of detail on a machine. We just saw one recently on a facebook group similar. A beautiful Fish Tales - asking price $6500. If you go crazy investing a ton of money like this into a title that is a known B or C list title you HAVE to be prepared to lose alot of that money unless you find that one individual somewhere on the planet who is equally as crazed about that given B/C list title as you. In some cases they dont exist.

Scenario 1 - Do this to an A list title that you got off route for a decent deal, make your massive investments in mods, restoration, etc and end up with a stunning game that you can more than likely recoup most of your investment on (or make a profit depending on how good your intial deal was on the game to begin with).

Scenario 2 - Do this to a B/C list title that typically falls in the $2000-$3500 range in great condition and you face a losing proposition. All the bling and mods in the world do not make a $2500 game a $7000 game to 99.9% of people. It is the same scenario as spending a fortune restoring and tricking out a 1985 Chevy Celebrity. You have to REALLY love that Chevy Celebrity to do that and understand that in all likelihood NOONE will ever share the same perspective on the value.

This T2 will get the most value out by stripping the parts and selling them individually, putting back stock off-the-shelf parts and mods (coin door, apron, colorDMD, etc) and selling it for a reasonable price for a nicely restored original (somewhere around $4000). It is a spectacular machine in amazing condition, absolutely! ....but its still a T2 at the end of the day.

#28 5 years ago

NO colorDMD!

#29 5 years ago

As the moderator stated there are various markets out there.

I look at these types of games this way. If I buy the game and pull the chrome and color DMD would I still want the game and could it re sell at the differential price? Figure the Chrome and DMD are close to 2k and I could always re install on another game if I wanted. So would I buy a meticulous example of T2 at 5k? New cleared play field , a Doug Huse restored cabinet ( his work is gorgeous), new ramps, plastics, shaker, etc. I would think about it. There is the pride of ownership in one of these games. A similar looking example did sell very quickly on the west coast but it was cheaper. Good luck to the seller and hopefully T2 finds a nice new home.

#30 5 years ago

I might be in the minority here but I really dislike chromed coin doors. And custom aprons. Even on fully restored machines, I still want the rules card and the manufacturers mark on the apron. And the coin door, I dunno it kinda takes away that this game could have ever been in an arcade.

When I restored my taxi I kept the matte black coin door.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I might be in the minority here but I really dislike chromed coin doors.

Totally with you on this.. I DESPISE chrome. I like brushed nickel or the like. Chrome, to me, looks cheap. IDK. Plus fingerprints from hell.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:This game had a nos playfield clear coated then installed. So u can add to the value that it wasn’t a used playfield and clear coated... it was a spare nos purchased before the restoration... game was originally from a friend of mine, $7k doesn’t even come close to the money put in this game.

I would love to see this fuzzy math.

Base T2...$2200 >>>>GO!

#33 5 years ago

Universal "hate" for any finish makes no sense to me. Depends on the pinball license, artwork and overall vibe.

From my perspective, the chrome fits nicely on this particular pin.

snaroff

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Universal "hate" for any finish makes no sense to me.

That's fair.

T2 with a chrome door looks like shit.

#35 5 years ago

If I recall from some of the older FS posts the OP is selling these games for his friend. I recognize the games from discussions I had for a different title.

The seller and OP were both really cool to me and are very well aware some of the games are well above what the average price is for those titles. I think if someone wants this game with all the mods/upgrades they'd reach out to the OP/Owner and see if a deal can be made. They were both reasonable when I spoke to them about a year ago.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

There is a different market for fully restored games with clear coated playfields.

This game is not a restoration, it's closer to a retheme.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Cargument: it's a resto-mod.
https://www.coolridesonline.net/news-blog/what-is-a-restomod/

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I would love to see this fuzzy math.
Base T2...$2200 >>>>GO!

If you believe in 50/50 split between labour and parts then you get to $7K in a real hurry.

$7,000 - $2,200 = $4,800

$2,400 in parts
$2,400 in labour

Without knowing any of the actual costs but fuzzy math gets you close. 1K playfield, $400DMD, plating $400, apron $200, $250 side art, plastics $150 gets you there and that was without trying.

Is 100hrs unreasonable to tear this down and put it back together? At that point you're working for $24 an hour.

#39 5 years ago

Nobody gets their money back on a big time restoration so you better really love the game or be willing to take a beating should you decide to sell.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

At that point you're working for $24 an hour.

rb (resized).jpgrb (resized).jpg
#41 5 years ago

And this, folks, is why I don't sell on Pinside.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

I've had a lot of success selling on Pinside (despite the abuse

Restorations are always controversial...

snaroff

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Huh? Closer to a restoration IMO

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You're kidding right? This pin is gorgeous

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

I honestly don’t think you could sell this any other place. Only us pin geeks on PS can appreciate this. Where you going to sell it? LetGo???

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

There are two scenarios that play out when people go to this level of detail on a machine. We just saw one recently on a facebook group similar. A beautiful Fish Tales - asking price $6500. If you go crazy investing a ton of money like this into a title that is a known B or C list title you HAVE to be prepared to lose alot of that money unless you find that one individual somewhere on the planet who is equally as crazed about that given B/C list title as you. In some cases they dont exist.
Scenario 1 - Do this to an A list title that you got off route for a decent deal, make your massive investments in mods, restoration, etc and end up with a stunning game that you can more than likely recoup most of your investment on (or make a profit depending on how good your intial deal was on the game to begin with).
Scenario 2 - Do this to a B/C list title that typically falls in the $2000-$3500 range in great condition and you face a losing proposition. All the bling and mods in the world do not make a $2500 game a $7000 game to 99.9% of people. It is the same scenario as spending a fortune restoring and tricking out a 1985 Chevy Celebrity. You have to REALLY love that Chevy Celebrity to do that and understand that in all likelihood NOONE will ever share the same perspective on the value.
This T2 will get the most value out by stripping the parts and selling them individually, putting back stock off-the-shelf parts and mods (coin door, apron, colorDMD, etc) and selling it for a reasonable price for a nicely restored original (somewhere around $4000). It is a spectacular machine in amazing condition, absolutely! ....but its still a T2 at the end of the day.

You speak like an authority, but you're wrong. A nicely restored T2, I think with no color dmd, just sold down the street from me for $5500 and there were other buyers in line (me for one). The moment I saw it in person I wanted it. I'm sure the guy was upside-down on it just in parts and materials. $0 reimbursement for a massive amount of labor.

There are buyers for these. Some people are paying $6k-$10k just for parts & labor on a professional restoration, not even counting the cost of the base game.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

You're kidding right? This pin is gorgeous

No I'm not. Somebody looking for a "restoration" isn't going to be interested in this. It's a very different machine, gorgeous or not.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No I'm not. Somebody looking for a "restoration" isn't going to be interested in this. It's a very different machine, gorgeous or not.

Right, people looking for a restoration are going to look for something very close to stock. I'd call this one a customized T2 with a high end finish, but maybe not a restoration. It's all semantics, sure, but words do have meaning...

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

You speak like an authority, but you're wrong. A nicely restored T2, I think with no color dmd, just sold down the street from me for $5500 and there were other buyers in line (me for one). The moment I saw it in person I wanted it. I'm sure the guy was upside-down on it just in parts and materials. $0 reimbursement for a massive amount of labor.
There are buyers for these. Some people are paying $6k-$10k just for parts & labor on a professional restoration, not even counting the cost of the base game.

I think this game always looked dated with the powder blue decals and is a big reason why this machine never increased much in price. Now it looks bad ass. I don't mind paying someone for a high quality restoration. The game play/code on this machine is a blast as well.
It's not the 90's anymore. If you want a beautiful machine that plays well too, you'll have to restore it yourself or pay someone to do it. Either way it's going to cost you. There's nothing better than a new old stock clear coated playfield with new playfield parts on any game imho. It feels like you're playing the game the way it was when it rolled off the floor brand new.
GLWTS!

#50 5 years ago

Actually it does have a colordmd. It was in the description but when the pics were taken the colordmd code hadn't been loaded. It has since been loaded and I added a pic showing it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.95
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-terminator-2-incredible-1-of-a-kind-/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.