• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Taxi_-_Red_Ramp_04.jpg
Taxi_-_Red_Ramp_03.jpg
Taxi_-_Red_Ramp_02.jpg
Taxi_-_Red_Ramp_01.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I have an NOS Taxi red plastic ramp for sale for $250. Pictures attached.

Taxi_-_Red_Ramp_01.jpgTaxi_-_Red_Ramp_01.jpg Taxi_-_Red_Ramp_02.jpgTaxi_-_Red_Ramp_02.jpg Taxi_-_Red_Ramp_03.jpgTaxi_-_Red_Ramp_03.jpg Taxi_-_Red_Ramp_04.jpgTaxi_-_Red_Ramp_04.jpg

#2 11 years ago

PM sent

#3 11 years ago

Someone please buy this and repro it!

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

Someone please buy this and repro it!

Someone contact Pinball Inc!

#5 11 years ago

You could contact Pinball inc and do a really service the pinball community

#6 11 years ago

Unfortunately that ramp is made using injection molding. We are set up to make thermoforming (vacuum), two different animals.

-James

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballInc:

Unfortunately that ramp is made using injection molding. We are set up to make thermoforming (vacuum), two different animals.
-James

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballInc:

-James

Why couldn't this ramp be made with thermoforming with a proper mold and just be made in clear plastic instead. I have no idea but am assuming that red plastic is the reason for the molding process being different or am I completely wrong? I would buy one clear or red.

#10 11 years ago

Maybe it could be made differently? Using separate spacers and a different light separator for the skill shot bulbs? Maybe cut this part out of 1/4" thick clear plastic, and then the rest of the ramp could be thermoformed like the other red ramps now available. 2 pieces, wouldn't be as user friendly but is better then a patched up, broken or missing original.

#11 11 years ago

Curses! I always miss the good stuff! Congrats to the buyer, this thing is rare

#12 11 years ago

My God! I didn't realize that these ramps were so valuable!

I bought one of these spinout ramps from a fellow collector on UK ebay last autumn for about £16 ($24). It had just been listed as a pinball ramp on ebay. The previous owner of the Taxi that I had at the time tipped me off about the sale, and said these ramps were quite rare. The seller even included a second ramp in the sale which had a inch long crack in the corner of the entry end of the ramp.

When I sold my Taxi just before Christmas, I included the damaged ramp in the sale, and I sold the other good ramp to another Taxi owner on a UK pinball forum who was after one, I sold it for a lot less than $250 though!

#13 11 years ago

I have one that I took off my old machine before buying a NOS to restore. Most of the tabs are broken, but the cup is very nice. If anyone is interested in it, send me a PM.

#14 11 years ago

Bannana you posted the pics of them on your Xenon thread by mistake.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Bannana you posted the pics of them on your Xenon thread by mistake.

No, I updated the entire thread to include Xenon plastics and Taxi parts. You just caught me in the middle of it. I didn't want to post them here and jack this thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-taxi-red-ramp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.