B5D40AE7-C0CA-4DBD-AD7B-8F20F6048FE4 (resized).jpeg
D57ED29D-EAFD-40EF-82E2-964C71A5ED2E (resized).jpeg
A1FA04AD-4348-46F1-903A-C0C3A32F666A (resized).jpeg
FC6C9467-CA50-4A76-AA1F-2EC828E5932A (resized).jpeg
D8EE7EE3-5408-4377-80A7-524C4822BFFB (resized).jpeg
30020C56-FCD6-4339-844A-D09B2E069A62 (resized).jpeg
E317ACF8-1742-41A9-8FE5-6F7D99F62708 (resized).jpeg
BEEDCB7E-6146-4467-9066-AE9778823C10 (resized).jpeg
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

This ad has been removed from the market place.

#2 5 years ago

Pictures are worth a thousand words.....but I don’t know if they would be worth your asking.

#3 5 years ago

I think there might be a real Taxi attached to this game

-

I guess pics will tell us soon

#4 5 years ago

OP, you have been a member for 6 years. You know the drill with needing pics, now you’re the one about to be drilled

#5 5 years ago

How do I do that emoji with the eyes popping out?

#6 5 years ago

Is a real taxi included w/ the price & does the $6000 cover all the taxes associated w/ this transaction. I'd be there tomorrow to sign the title, only if I could see what I was buying.

#7 5 years ago

I see where this is headed

73FC3816-26AA-45F4-9FFE-7CA093FDCF14 (resized).png73FC3816-26AA-45F4-9FFE-7CA093FDCF14 (resized).png
#8 5 years ago

(imogi with eyes popping out)

#9 5 years ago

Wow..... I like Taxi, appreciate quality....but gotta say 6k is a hard pill to swallow

#10 5 years ago

Does the cashbox have $3k in it?

#11 5 years ago

Stern came out w a taxi?!

It’s the Pro, right?

#12 5 years ago

Price isn't far off if the work is well done. Not sure why this one working some of you up.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Price isn't far off if the work is well done. Not sure why this one working some of you up.

It was originally listed at $8K when most of the comments occurred.

#14 5 years ago

License and registration, please.

2608686B-9D5C-4970-8E63-C8C2216C446A (resized).jpeg2608686B-9D5C-4970-8E63-C8C2216C446A (resized).jpeg
#15 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

No. It’s far off.

A new pf doesn’t justify 3k extra.

W new pf it’s a 3k pin.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

No. It’s far off.
A new pf doesn’t justify 3k extra.
W new pf it’s a 3k pin.

Simple fact is it will sell close to 6K and you stating it's over priced isn't going to change that if the quality of work is good. Start with a base game at $2200-$2500, new playfield at $800, new plastics 300 or so, another 800 for the playfield to be recleared if you can't do it yourself, 800+ or more in cabinet work depending on if it's a brand new cabinet or just completely restored, time and part to retumble or replace whatever is needed under and above the playfield. If you wanted to send a Taxi to get restored you are going to come in well above 6K in most cases and have to wait a year. People are not that patient and there's no reason to be if you can just buy a restored game rather then go through the process.

Now all that depends on the work. If it's as nice as stated it will sell. If it's low quality work that a different story. No pics so it's pretty hard to determine that.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Start with a base game at $2200-$2500,

You
Lost me here.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

License and registration, please.
[quoted image]

Wow surprised it took you that long to post this.
The originality is amazing

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Simple fact is it will sell close to 6K and you stating it's over priced isn't going to change that if the quality of work is good. Start with a base game at $2200-$2500, new playfield at $800, new plastics 300 or so, another 800 for the playfield to be recleared if you can't do it yourself, 800+ or more in cabinet work depending on if it's a brand new cabinet or just completely restored, time and part to retumble or replace whatever is needed under and above the playfield. If you wanted to send a Taxi to get restored you are going to come in well above 6K in most cases and have to wait a year. People are not that patient and there's no reason to be if you can just buy a restored game rather then go through the process.
Now all that depends on the work. If it's as nice as stated it will sell. If it's low quality work that a different story. No pics so it's pretty hard to determine that.

Or, , , it won't. I'm not certain you can declare it selling near 6k as "simple fact."

I'd be willing to bet 4.5k on a super nice Taxi you could actually see. Would take a collector, with money, though.

Location, location, location?

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:You
Lost me here.

I'm not surprised.

Quoted from RonSS:

Or, , , it won't. I'm not certain you can declare it selling near 6k as "simple fact."
I'd be willing to bet 4.5k on a super nice Taxi you could actually see. Would take a collector, with money, though.

Almost every restored game is purchased by a collector with money. That's kind of how this works.

#21 5 years ago

$10k by Christmas!

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'm not surprised.

Almost every restored game is purchased by a collector with money. That's kind of how this works.

So, almost every restored game is purchased? Cool!

Look, I've owned Taxi, it's great, this invisible one is priced high. I hope you are right that it gets purchased if it is as nice as it sounds.

#23 5 years ago

If you are too lazy to post pictures most people are going to pass your ad by and won’t contact you. I’d be very surprised if this sells for $6,000.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'm not surprised.

6k for a taxi is asinine dude. Justify the price anyway you want, but it’s asinine.

Here’s some help to get your started: base game 1700-2000

#25 5 years ago

As a Taxi owner with CPR playfield, I'm rooting for this sale.

#26 5 years ago

Lots of free bumps. I think the OP did this on purpose; part of his diabolical master plan to keep it at the top of the forum.
He’s been around for six years and knows how it goes.
Stranger things have happened, but I doubt he’ll get anywhere near asking price without throwing up some pictures to back up his words.

#27 5 years ago

This must be the new stern Uber prem...

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

$10k by Christmas!

Do I hear 11?

#29 5 years ago

Dbl post

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

6k for a taxi is asinine dude. Justify the price anyway you want, but it’s asinine.

as·i·nine
/ˈasəˌnīn/Submit
adjective
extremely stupid or foolish

Are you referencing the seller?
Or the potential buyer?

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

as·i·nine
/ˈasəˌnīn/Submit
adjective
extremely stupid or foolish
Are you referencing the seller?
Or the potential buyer?

Seller is asinine. Buyer would be moronic. Or idiotic.

But all somewhat synonyms of the same: stupid.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I don't think you undertand the restored market. It would cost double what the seller is asking to get a HEP Taxi from HEP. If this Taxi is at or near the quality of HEP, $6k is not a crazy price. Your estimate of $4500 might not even cover the raw cost.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Here’s some help to get your started: base game 1700-2000

You're basically calling all buyers of professionally restored pins morons.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I don't think you undertand the restored market. It would cost double what the seller is asking to get a HEP Taxi from HEP. If this Taxi is at or near the quality of HEP, $6k is not a crazy price. Your estimate of $4500 might not even cover the raw cost.

But it's not a HEP...it looks like one though

#35 5 years ago

Well put - I'm halfway done with one and it won't be cheap when it goes up either....

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Some just can’t list a pin or sell it on its own merits. They have to use someone else’s name or reputation as a marketing tool.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Some just can’t list a pin or sell it on its own merits. They have to use someone else’s name or reputation as a marketing tool.

And to make matters worse, no photos? Inappropriate...

snaroff

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Stern came out w a taxi?!
It’s the Pro, right?

That would be the $8k version

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I know. And as such is cheaper. No such thing as a HEP pin for $6k.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Take it as flattery. You've set the bar which others aspire to compare to. The seller equated you with flawless.

#41 5 years ago

You're basically calling all buyers of professionally restored pins morons.

That’s a stretch but whatever you think.

This thing is way, WAY overpriced.

#42 5 years ago

Ya'll know Santa is watching this thread too right? Don't be naughty, be nice.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

must be his brother- in-law?

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

That’s a stretch but whatever you think.
This thing is way, WAY overpriced.

No stretch at all. Customers pay minimum $10k for professionally restored pins, sometimes in excess of $15k. If, according to you, stupid moron level is $6k, what does that make the guys paying $10k-$15k?

#45 5 years ago

Take it as flattery. You've set the bar which others aspire to compare to. The seller equated you with flawless.

I would but truthfully these games listed this way are rarely if ever on the same level if you know what to look for.
Typically it is used cabinets,sloppy wiring,no added serviceability connectors ,generic wiring,no short protections etc.
Normally they are just playfield swaps with new decals a little or a lot of chrome or powder coating here or there.
HEP Taxi
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-2018-hep

Lets see this one inside and out head to toe and see if it truly looks like a HEP
If so $6000 is a great deal. If not leave HEP out of it and just sell your game. No need to include it in your for sale add unless you are selling one.

#46 5 years ago

You are correct, I don't understand the restored market. As I said, good luck to the seller.

#47 5 years ago

No stretch at all. Customers pay minimum $10k for professionally restored pins, sometimes in excess of $15k. If, according to you, stupid moron level is $6k, what does that make the guys paying $10k-$15k?

You’re putting an amateur pf swap into the same category as a HEP.

just stop.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

$10k by Christmas!

10k by Christmas, eh? 11 hours and counting on the east coast.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

You’re putting an amateur pf swap into the same category as a HEP.
just stop.

Have you seen the pin? Do you know who restored it? If not, you're trolling.

#50 5 years ago

Why don’t you two go get a room

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 109.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-taxi-27?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.