Target Alpha Pic 8 (resized).jpg
Target Alpha Pic 7 (resized).jpg
Target Alpha Pic 6 (resized).jpg
Target Alpha Pic 5 (resized).jpg
Target Alpha Pic 4 (resized).jpg
Target Alpha Pic 3 (resized).jpg
Target Alpha Pic 2 (resized).jpg
Target Alpha Pic 1 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad has expired and was removed from the MarketPlace. The owner has been requested to end their ad, so it can be archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Target Alpha

Added: 2018-07-16 23:17:52 UTC
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

#2 5 years ago

#3 5 years ago

#5 5 years ago

#6 5 years ago

I’ll go ahead and save you guys the trouble from typing the usual responses:

1. I think you have an extra zero!!!
2. For that price, it better have sex with me!
3. This is the special built from Solid Gold edition right?
4.uhhh...I think those the only stock responses rignt?

#7 5 years ago

5. Shooter lane pictures?
6. Does it have LED's
7. Is this documented HUO?
8. What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Levi, I was just gonna say Fuxk You!

#10 5 years ago

Sorry you paid to much from pin rescue. That's what happens when you buy retail.
If you can get over 1500 I would take it.

#11 5 years ago

Yeah

#12 5 years ago

9. And you call yourself a target alpha fan...

#13 5 years ago

What you’d rather have a nice DMD pin for that amount instead of this priceless EM

#14 5 years ago

But seriously...

D69AADD1-AFCF-44ED-A965-F644F4AF7B35 (resized).jpegD69AADD1-AFCF-44ED-A965-F644F4AF7B35 (resized).jpeg
#15 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is there $2500 in the coin box?

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Sorry you paid to much from pin rescue. That's what happens when you buy retail.
If you can get over 1500 I would take it.

The sad thing is, he probably paid over 5K for it and thinks its a great deal. Does a "service plan" come with said purchase? If you are made of money and it's a rare title that you really want, I can see going a retail route. I'm talking guys made of money that don't sell or work on their pins, any other people out there please do your research.

#17 5 years ago

Why not see what pin rescue will buy it back from you for?

Then they can resell it to some other sucker.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

What do you mean? African or European?

#19 5 years ago

You'd have to be a serious collector to pony up that much coin. Even El Dorado the 1 player highly collectible version of that PF would be a stretch to me.

#21 5 years ago

Woah.

#22 5 years ago

I checked pin rescue's website where they list prices.
http://www.pinrescue.com/games/target_alpha.html

The op is firm on getting back from some pinsider exactly what he gave to pin rescue.

h5820B763.gifh5820B763.gif
#23 5 years ago

yup

#24 5 years ago

GLWS

#25 5 years ago

Cmon! He joined this year, donated to Pinside, let's cut this guy a little slack. We've all made some rookie mistakes and overpaid for things. I just shopped one of these out and was going to make a "what's it worth?" post. I was thinking a grand for mine and it's not as nice as this one. I think this is a $1,500 pin to the right buyer. The last one of these I had I sold at Allentown, I think for $750 and it sold in minutes. It was probably under priced. Again, not as nice as this one. Good luck with the sale.

#26 5 years ago

At $1500 I could cut a little slack.
This is just smokin crack.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

$500 more like it.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

This is just smokin crack.

What I'm trying to say is, this guy bought a pin at retail, probably found this site after and is now trying to get some money back. From what it looks like, less than he paid. He paid way too much, but I don't think he knew that. Judging by when the guy joined and the size of his collection, maybe we could be a little nicer about price policing his absurdly priced game.

Quoted from o-din:

$500 more like it.

I'd be surprised to see a beat Target Alpha go for $500, at least around here. It's a great game. Not as sought after as an El Dorado , but essentially the same game. Like I said, I sold a decent clean one a couple years ago for $750 and it sold before lunch the first day of the show.

#29 5 years ago

I got one for free this year and sadly, I had to part it out because it was not worth getting going again. I figure it was worth 750 in fully working condition and it was going to take 10 hours to get it to that condition. Anyone need any parts?

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

From what it looks like, less than he paid.

No, he paid $3250 as was posted above. And he wants all of it back like he was able to own it for free.

Quoted from Shredso:

It's a great game.

No, it's not. I owned Solar City the two player version. Every ball the same. Goofy face dudes on the backglass. This one may be a little less ugly, that's it.

#31 5 years ago

Is this wantadataeast under a new pseudonym?

#32 5 years ago

Sure I'd pay over 3 grand to have to look at this dude every day.
c3179790d938021df8911f13704090b2bc715966 (resized).jpgc3179790d938021df8911f13704090b2bc715966 (resized).jpg

#33 5 years ago

Just sold an extremely nice one for 1k less than a month ago. Price it at 1k and this one will sell. Sorry if the OP paid 3300 for this machine, but just a little research would have clearly shown that 3300 was way too much.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

8. What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Agh dude, what movie is that from?!? It’s killing me right now

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Agh dude, what movie is that from?!? It’s killing me right now

#36 5 years ago

This guy's just trying to take traffic from the tote bag thread.

#37 5 years ago

If only you were closer

#38 5 years ago

Well, whoever ends up buying this TA, they should have enough cash left over to get this nice Ringer to go with it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rare-1970-ringer-by-williams

#39 5 years ago

How many plays does it have in the last 12 years?

#40 5 years ago

How many plays in the last 12years?

#41 5 years ago

Are legs included?

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I got one for free this year and sadly, I had to part it out because it was not worth getting going again. I figure it was worth 750 in fully working condition and it was going to take 10 hours to get it to that condition. Anyone need any parts?

If 10 hours of work stopped me, most of the games I've owned would be in the landfill. Oh well it might make a nice coffee table.

#43 5 years ago

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

If 10 hours of work stopped me, most of the games I've owned would be in the landfill.

Just stop. Self appointed pinball saints do not exist. There would be countless more games in a landfill had I not parted that one out. It has saved no less than 3 machines thus far.

I'm on here trying to give parts away for free and somehow I'm the bad guy.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Just stop. Self appointed pinball saints do not exist. There would be countless more games in a landfill had I not parted that one out. It has saved no less than 3 machines thus far.
I'm on here trying to give parts away for free and somehow I'm the bad guy.

I think the point is; 10 hours is nothing when it comes to working on a machine. I don't have a machine that does not have 10 hours of labor into it.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

It's a great game.

Quoted from o-din:

No, it's not. I owned Solar City the two player version. Every ball the same. Goofy face dudes on the backglass. This one may be a little less ugly, that's it.

Gotta side more with Shredso as to Target Alpha's appeal. Although it suffers from the standard EM multi-player resetting on every ball, it's still a fun game and I love the artwork on it - particularly the backglass. Very colorful and a nutty sci-fi theme! I'm a fan of Gordon Morison though (I know o-din is not).

I had a very nice Target Alpha that I lovingly restored from top to bottom for my daughter and her college housemates to play. They really enjoyed it, but once she moved and no longer had enough room, I had to sell it a couple of years ago. It went for $1,200 to a local (Seattle) non-pinhead buyer after being on the market for a while.

Finally, FWIW, a friend of mine bought a couple of games from Pin Rescue about 10 years ago when he first got into the hobby and didn't know better. The lack of work (basically none) that had been done on the electrical/mechanical components in the game was shocking. The games had pretty much just received a spit shine and the minimum amount of work needed to get them "operating".

#47 5 years ago

Does it come with a tote? Is the tote full of money?

money-stacks-duffle-bag (resized).jpgmoney-stacks-duffle-bag (resized).jpg
#48 5 years ago

The best part of this whole thread is the ops name...

T-Alphafan...

#49 5 years ago

Retail prices are always higher, of course, but the Pin Rescue markup has my jaw dropping. It's like those random books you see in the Amazon marketplace for 20K hoping for a sucker to come along.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/15/technology/amazon-used-paperback-book-pricing.html

#50 5 years ago

One guy bought a Top Score for 5500 from them!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-target-alpha-15?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.