Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.
Added: November 15th, 2017
Ended: November 21st, 2017
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished
1976 Gottlieb Target Alpha
Game has been shopped including the following:
* Clean and wax playfield
* Replace any burned out bulbs
* New rubbers
* Clean inside of cabinet and backbox
* Polished metal parts including post caps and visible screw heads
* Polished coin door
* New ball
* Playfield is in excellent condition.
* Backglass is near perfect.
* Coin door and lockdown is in excellent condition.
* Cabinet is solid, and apart from the usual nicks/scrapes, in overall good condition.
The Cons (There are always some.....See the pictures):
* Backglass has VERY minor flaking just above the "ET" in "TARGET" on the backglass (Hence the 'near-perfect' and not 'perfect' description).
* There is a small crack in front of the center post cap of the plastic above the 10 drop target bank.
* There is flipper drag in front of the lower right flipper, but it appears that the previous bushing had been replaced by the previous owner, as the flipper did not drag when I acquired the machine. However, it appears to have affected the top clearcoat only, as the paint in the "Same Player Shoots Again" circle is in tact.
* The bar that is attached to the coin lockout coil is broken, but had been duct-taped together by the previous owner. Since there were no coin mechs in the machine when I acquired it, I really didn't care about this.
* The previous owner (in what I guess was an attempt to protect the backglass) had fashioned a piece of clear plastic to the front of the backbox, so you will see 7 small holes along the perimeter of the backbox. I chose not to repair these, and let the next owner decide as to whether or not they wish to fill them in.
I have a google shared photo album with currently 31 hi-res pics of the machine available. Simply PM me so that I can send you a link to them. I will also add any additional photos that are requested from now until the machine is sold. I also have the original score and instruction cards, as well as a copy of the owner's manual. I also have a 600dpi PDF of the schematic as well.
Machine is located in Rochester, NY. Local pickup is preferred, but I will allow shipping as long as buyer makes all arrangements with the shipper and I am available on the day of pickup.
As with any used pinball machine, it is sold as is with no warranties or refunds, so please feel free to ask any and all questions prior to purchasing. As previously stated, if there is not a picture of what you want to see, just let me know and I will add it to the shared photo album.
Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!
The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.