(Topic ID: 122308)

For sale: Tales of the Arabian Nights (Williams, 1996)

By doughslingers

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by doughslingers
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

New Star Wars game 2015.pdf (PDF preview)
20150105_214348.jpg
IMG_2342.JPG
IMG_1381.JPG
100_4412.JPG
IMG_8961.JPG
IMG_8960.JPG
IMG_8959.JPG
IMG_8958.JPG
IMG_8957.JPG
IMG_8956.JPG
IMG_8955.JPG
IMG_8951.JPG
IMG_8937.JPG
IMG_8932.JPG
IMG_8936.JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 7,039

for sale

Tales of the Arabian Nights (Williams, 1996)

Added: March 24th, 2015 Ended: April 13th, 2015
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Item description

I have a few nice pinballs I will be listing for sale so I can use the funds to purchase a new Namco Star Wars arcade game. If a person thinks pins are expensive, I can not wait until you see the invoice cost for the new Star Wars Pod game. I have added the original link here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-gorgeous-totan-in-the-chicago-burbs so everyone can see how the pin has had a nice life before I purchased it. I hate to sell and it might be one I purchase again but my business needs some new excitement and how can Star Wars not be that game that will earn and entertain for the next 15 years. I still have one from 1983 and 3 from 1999 so I am hopefully. I have added pinball side mirrors and a nice shooter rod that is of course a Genie and a just added colordmd. I rushed to get pics so what you are seeing is with the glass on and no cleaning at all so you can see its condition. I did not have the key to get the audits but will later today. I have had inquires and people waiting for the pics so here is some pics. I am not trying to be greedy and want to sell this pin for what I have in it 6500 actual purchase plus the side mirrors are 75 dollars and the shooter rod was 50 or so, I dont really remember as I purchased at Expo last year. I can leave the colordmd for 414 or take it out and install the older plasma dmd. Nothing is wrong and I need to move 4 big time pins and CV has one foot out the door so this one seems logical as I get asked almost weekly about this pin. 6625 or 7039 with colordmd. Thanks for looking. Please be patient as I have added several pics in two postings.

Item photos

IMG_8930.JPG
IMG_8931.JPG
IMG_8938.JPG
IMG_8939.JPG
IMG_8941.JPG
IMG_8943.JPG
IMG_8944.JPG
IMG_8946.JPG
IMG_8947.JPG
IMG_8949.JPG
IMG_8950.JPG
IMG_8933.JPG
IMG_8934.JPG
IMG_8935.JPG
IMG_8936.JPG
IMG_8932.JPG
IMG_8937.JPG
IMG_8951.JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 6,600

Item location

Norton, VA, US

Seller insights

These are doughslingers's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to doughslingers's stats page

#2 4 years ago

I was trying to collect the entire Jpop collection, yes I even have Star Wars pin 2000. I have all current titles but that dream will die with the Zidiware titles as I just cant see myself getting a Magic Girl now so I guess its ok to break up the collection. Hereis a few pics of it in my collection in a few different spots and the pin moved to Northern VA for a 6 month trial period and other than normal repairs, which isnt often on this pin, which makes it so awesome.

IMG_8955.JPG IMG_8956.JPG IMG_8957.JPG IMG_8958.JPG IMG_8959.JPG IMG_8960.JPG IMG_8961.JPG 100_4412.JPG IMG_1381.JPG IMG_2342.JPG 20150105_214348.jpg
#3 4 years ago

Here is the cost of the new Star Wars arcade game for which the pins need to be sold to help fund or pay 20 percent interest which does not seem smart. Curious if anyone has played this at Dave and busters as I have seen the tv commercials for it.

Thanks for your input. Maybe I should keep the pins and not get the game? Opinions welcome as I have not seen the game in person just its earnings report.

New Star Wars game 2015.pdf
#4 4 years ago

Damn you deserve dealer/wholesale price on this SW pod

#6 4 years ago

If I were you I would hold off on the Star Wars machine.

From what I've heard those games have a really short life span. Earnings are huge (you'll earn the money back) then they drop tremendously. In the event they do become popular you can always find one used for less, since the people/businesses that usually buy them get rid of them after a defined certain amount of time to make way for the newest flashing light machine.

TOTAN is unlikely to be remade any time soon. The BOM is just too high (see CPR's struggles with the repro playfield alone). I wouldn't part with it for less than $8k because you'll need at least that to get one back in the future if they do become a candidate. I just don't see that game dropping off. Everyone appreciates something about it from new players to pinheads.

It's a gamble either way. You either bet on TOTAN steadily gaining value or bet on people dropping $30k+ into this new machine.

#7 4 years ago

My kid and I played it at D&B's a week ago. It was a really cool experience, but it's the sort of game that's going to burn out quickly. The game play is very linear so once you've played all the mission's a couple of times, it's going to wear thin. We were both able to beat all the missions on the first try except for Vader's revenge, so it's not particularly difficult either.

#8 4 years ago

Keep The Pins....!!!...........Joey

#9 4 years ago
#10 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

My kid and I played it at D&B's a week ago. It was a really cool experience, but it's the sort of game that's going to burn out quickly. The game play is very linear so once you've played all the mission's a couple of times, it's going to wear thin. We were both able to beat all the missions on the first try except for Vader's revenge, so it's not particularly difficult either.

agree, nice to look at it, but pretty much an on rails shooter.

#11 4 years ago

Man id love to have that pin lol so beautiful

#12 4 years ago

How long will it take 30,000 people to play it...???............Joey

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

How long will it take 30,000 people to play it...???............Joey

probably not very long, SW is still very popular.

#14 4 years ago

^^^...yea....I just think this is the best question to answer before you get rid of an amazing pin....hindsight is a bit#h.... ...................Joey

#15 4 years ago

lol bigd1979,
That exact one was in my lineup for a bit. It's so freaking beautiful!

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Here is the cost of the new Star Wars arcade game for which the pins need to be sold to help fund or pay 20 percent interest which does not seem smart. Curious if anyone has played this at Dave and busters as I have seen the tv commercials for it.
Thanks for your input. Maybe I should keep the pins and not get the game? Opinions welcome as I have not seen the game in person just its earnings report.

New Star Wars game 2015.pdf (Click image to enlarge)

Played it. Initial thoughts are this is a very cool piece, awesome game play and graphics. I actually sell them some of the parts on the machine for production. Unless you have a location where you think you will recoup a good portion of your money and your not buying it for yourself then go ahead. If you are purchasing it for your home, it will be a tough pill to swallow as I can see it getting repetitive.

#17 4 years ago

Frankie's in Raleigh gets their machine later today. The head tech there said they had to wait to get theirs because the D&B's had bought them all up for their locations! Looking forward to finally getting a chance to check it out. My impression from the videos that have been posted echoed bigdaddy07's comments--looks very linear and pretty shallow, but a real rush for a short while.

#18 4 years ago

What's with the $39?

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Frankie's in Raleigh gets their machine later today. The head tech there said they had to wait to get theirs because the D&B's had bought them all up for their locations! Looking forward to finally getting a chance to check it out. My impression from the videos that have been posted echoed bigdaddy07's comments--looks very linear and pretty shallow, but a real rush for a short while.

Maybe I'll check out Frankie's for another 3 minutes when they get their machine. Then I'll go back to being upset they removed all their pinball and their Pump it Up machine all at once.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

What's with the $39?

Buddy is extremely forthright about his prices and this game is priced for what he has into it down to the dollar. See the first post.

#21 4 years ago

Keep the pins. Pickup POD at Auction in 3-5 years for 75% off.

#22 4 years ago

Agreed ^^^^^^

#23 4 years ago

I think the OP is planning on using it on route. At any rate great price on the TOTAN.

1 week later
#24 4 years ago

I think I have decided to keep the pin and finance the game thru Firestone Financial. I had several good trade deals and one was oh so close. Shipping has killed some others as I have no trips planned until I pick up 3 more Ruby Reds and our company's sample Hobbit LE.

I guess this is a last call bump. I have turned down some 6800 offers as I think it's priced correctly and thanks for those that agree with me. I am surprised everyone wants the colordmd as this would already have been sold twice or traded if it wasn't in the pin. Thanks again for looking. I will try listing the true HUO Champion Pub next.

#25 4 years ago

Is the CV still available? Send me a PM if so. Thx

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball35:

Is the CV still available? Send me a PM if so. Thx

Sorry CV sold really before it could even get a proper listing. Going to a great place.

#27 4 years ago

Great looking pin. Have a fully loaded Tron with just about every upgrade there is to trade or sell to get one. Trying to get a TOTAN and this one looks perfect

#28 4 years ago

Lookingbeautiful. I never played TOTAN until Texas last weekend and really enjoyed it. Wish you were closer and interested in a TWDLE trade.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Lookingbeautiful. I never played TOTAN until Texas last weekend and really enjoyed it. Wish you were closer and interested in a TWDLE trade.

TWDLE is better than TOTAN which was a grail pin for me and got boring after a month, too easy and quite repetitive but beautiful to look at.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

TWDLE is better than TOTAN

Shouldn't you add, "in my opinion"?

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Shouldn't you add, "in my opinion"?

Yes in my opinion.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yes in my opinion.

Played TWDLE recently and it is fun...haven't played either enough to give an opinion though. TOTAN is a nice looker but Dead is awesome looking in it's own right though...don't sell guts short.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Played TWDLE recently and it is fun...haven't played either enough to give an opinion though. TOTAN is a nice looker but Dead is awesome looking in it's own right though...don't sell guts short.

TWDLE is my favorite pinball machine right now and I've been through quite a few.

#34 4 years ago

Thanks for all the calls and PMs but pending the arrival of the check the pin is sold.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside