(Topic ID: 285899)

For sale: Tales of the Arabian Nights. Pristine.

By Markharris2000

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Flash71
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C1F24B11-68D8-4CEF-82C6-3BA6617C702A (resized).png
IMG_1451 (resized).jpg
IMG_1450 (resized).jpg
IMG_1449 (resized).jpg
IMG_1448 (resized).jpg
IMG_1447 (resized).jpg
IMG_1446 (resized).jpg
IMG_1445 (resized).jpg
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_1443 (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
IMG_1437 (resized).jpg
IMG_1436 (resized).jpg
IMG_1435 (resized).jpg
IMG_1434 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Tales of the Arabian Nights. Pristine.

Added: 2021-01-16 03:24:39 UTC • Ended: January 20th, 2021
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

1 Pinsider added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 9,500 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

After owning this machine for 20 years, with me putting maybe 200 games on it, I am just going to let it go to a new home. Everybody has been asking about it, so here we go.

This Tales of the Arabian Nights machine is pristine. It has a play field with no noticeable wear, color is crisp and clear is intact. Everything is 100% functional and looks amazing. I put fresh new glass on it, replaced all the rubber and bulbs, replaced the trough with the Mantis one, added the ColorDMD-LED display, swapped all three acrylic ramps and flaps, replaced the skill shot bracket and bazaar scoop with new units, 2-slot fresh coin door, added hand painted genie seen in attached picture, replaced spinning lamp with purple base, replaced both orb newton balls, all plastics new or perfect with protectors on most, and all speakers replaced with richer Boss/Kicker units. Latest ROMs. Some cabinet fade, but intact otherwise. (I got it in early 2000 so I know it is home use only since then which was 3-1/2 years after it was built in July 1996)

Item photos

AA42642E-3341-43F3-BFF8-A58399A013E9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpg
IMG_1217 (resized).jpg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpg
IMG_1427 (resized).jpg
IMG_1428 (resized).jpg
IMG_1429 (resized).jpg
IMG_1430 (resized).jpg
IMG_1431 (resized).jpg
IMG_1432 (resized).jpg
IMG_1433 (resized).jpg
IMG_1434 (resized).jpg
IMG_1435 (resized).jpg
IMG_1436 (resized).jpg
IMG_1437 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
IMG_1443 (resized).jpg
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_1445 (resized).jpg
IMG_1446 (resized).jpg
IMG_1447 (resized).jpg
IMG_1448 (resized).jpg
IMG_1449 (resized).jpg
IMG_1450 (resized).jpg
IMG_1451 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Markharris2000's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Markharris2000's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 9,500

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Fremont, CA, US

#2 3 years ago

Y if less than 200 games did ramps n bazaar unit changed out

#3 3 years ago

It was used for 3-4 years before I got it (1996 thru 2000). Not sure of its background before my purchase in 2000, but it’s beautiful.

#4 3 years ago

May we have more photos please?

#5 3 years ago

Beautiful game. I am poor, however, so this may prompt me to get a mega millions lottery ticket for tonight!

#6 3 years ago

Not trying to mess with you but damn that translite led is fucking crazy!I’ll be watching this sale to see if my Tales is worth more then I thought!

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Not trying to mess with you but damn that translite led is fucking crazy!I’ll be watching this sale to see if my Tales is worth more then I thought!

Right? I wrestled with going back to the factory bulbs in the translite, but thought it looked 'different' for awhile... Probably a bit too 'colorful' and regular 555/906 bulbs would be good to put back in.

#8 3 years ago

Maybe led’s like 2smd sunlights

#9 3 years ago

Pristine? I'd say that has more than some cabniet fade. That's a really steep asking price. I had a TOTAN for a while with a CPR gold playfield with similar fade and sold it for much less.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Ad listing: For sale: Tales of the Arabian Nights. Pristine.

Seems to be insert wear on the PF and touch up around the genie magnet. Need better photos of the PF. Did you fill in the original factory lock bar holes in the cabinet? Not the original coin door. Must of had a rough life before you got it to change this out. Need photos of the inside of the cabinet. OUCH Why people still buy led kits is beyond me.

#11 3 years ago

Seems that you had the machine for 10 years according to your post 9 months ago in the Arabians club.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Not the original coin door.

It could be if it was a reimport.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Seems that you had the machine for 10 years according to your post 9 months ago in the Arabians club.

The plot thickens.

#14 3 years ago

9500 for a faded Totan? No.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Right? I wrestled with going back to the factory bulbs in the translite, but thought it looked 'different' for awhile... Probably a bit too 'colorful' and regular 555/906 bulbs would be good to put back in.

Putting colored LEDs behind a backglass almost never looks good. Warm or cool white typically look good but when colored LEDs are added they actually wash out the colors in the translite and although you may think you are adding color you are in reality subtracting color by adding colored LEDs. Behind a translite I wouldn’t use anything but warm or cool white.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Beautiful game. I am poor, however, so this may prompt me to get a mega millions lottery ticket for tonight!

Poor? Surely you jest? 9 games? Quit calling me Shirley.

#17 3 years ago

The asking price, and the comments, tell any discerning person, all they need to know! I will enjoy this! Who needs Fuckerberg and Tracebook when you have this?

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Putting colored LEDs behind a backglass almost never looks good. Warm or cool white typically look good but when colored LEDs are added they actually wash out the colors in the translite and although you may think you are adding color you are in reality subtracting color by adding colored LEDs. Behind a translite I wouldn’t use anything but warm or cool white.

What your saying is it looks like clown puke!

#19 3 years ago

“After owning this machine for 20 years...”

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-club/page/34#post-5561795

#20 3 years ago

I had a deal worked out with the A hole but as soon as he got a better one he backed out with some bullshit excuse. Guys a scumbag.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I had a deal worked out with the A hole but as soon as he got a better one he backed out with some bullshit excuse. Guys a scumbag.

Do tell...

#22 3 years ago
C1F24B11-68D8-4CEF-82C6-3BA6617C702A (resized).pngC1F24B11-68D8-4CEF-82C6-3BA6617C702A (resized).png
#23 3 years ago

My wife sold it at work?
Thats funny
Pristine?
Thats even funnier

#24 3 years ago

Wow didn’t see this coming !

#25 3 years ago

Guys a scumbag. At least he could have came up with " I changed my mind I don't want to ship"

#26 3 years ago

That backglass must be an acquired taste?

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Guys a scumbag. At least he could have came up with " I changed my mind I don't want to ship"

You were going to pay $9500? Let me make some calls...

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

You were going to pay $9500? Let me make some calls...

No we were working around $9000 shipped to the east coast.

#29 3 years ago

Looks like it’s time to list mine!

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Looks like it’s time to list mine!

No shit, me too!

CPR Gold pf, new cab decals, heck, I'm thinking 15k!

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

No shit, me too!
CPR Gold pf, new cab decals, heck, I'm thinking 15k!

You got me beat, but mine is original, light fade but excellent original pf. Thinking 9k.

#32 3 years ago

why can't people just be honest, and let their possessions sell for what they're worth? i don't understand the mind-set of making up stories, lying about dates, and condition, and playing people against each other just to squeeze a few extra bucks out of something. fine, in this case a couple thousand extra bucks, but the point still applies. for every dollar you make dishonestly in life, you'll spend the rest of your days spending at least twice that amount cleaning up the messes you create. not to mention, being forthright makes you sleep better at night. literally and figuratively. most importantly, honesty is just a basic element of common decency. get your shit together so we can enjoy this hobby more, damn it!

christ, i just realized i'm giving a friggin' lecture on moral integrity on a pinball forum. please forgive me.

btw, no one just wakes up in the morning and suddenly tells their spouse that they, unbeknownst to them, sold their valuable possession to a coworker. that makes no sense and there's no circumstance that would ever happen in. so friendly advice, if you're going to bullshit, at bare minimum be good at it.

#33 3 years ago

Well if anybody wants to let one go PM me. I’ve got 9 machines so maybe even a trade would work. I’m open to all avenues. Just looking for a fair deal and want to deal with someone who feels the same way. To many assholes out there unfortunately.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tales-of-the-arabian-nights-pristine?hl=one-armed-bandit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.