Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-asset (resized).jpeg
Sweet_Brown (resized).png
B9FBD334-3BB8-40D8-A032-34C48E0C060A (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210717-110925_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210717-110909_Gallery (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Tales of the Arabian Nights

Added: 2021-07-17 23:09:54 UTC • Ended: July 20th, 2021
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 12,000 (Firm)

Price is firm

Tales of the Arabian nights. Colordmd, titans, comets, playfield protector.

Only trades considered are jjppotc and jjp gnr ce

Cheers!

Item photos

Screenshot_20210717-110909_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210717-110925_Gallery (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are bumgahdna's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to bumgahdna's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 9,500

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Dothan, AL, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 9.95

#2 2 years ago

Jump on that train!

#4 2 years ago

I turned down 9500 last year.....
So maybe?

#6 2 years ago

Boring game boring price

#7 2 years ago
B9FBD334-3BB8-40D8-A032-34C48E0C060A (resized).jpegB9FBD334-3BB8-40D8-A032-34C48E0C060A (resized).jpeg
#8 2 years ago

how about that WOZEC with the used car salesman ad? stuff getting crazy around here.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

how about that WOZEC with the used car salesman ad? stuff getting crazy around here.

You can definitely see the greedy spirit coming out in folks. What a shame to the hobby

#10 2 years ago

Wow!

#11 2 years ago

ain't nobody got time for dat!

#12 2 years ago

What you guys talkin about, this thing is a bargain compared to the other one on the Pinside Market for 18k. Should be gone already...

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

ain't nobody got time for dat!

Sweet_Brown (resized).pngSweet_Brown (resized).png
#14 2 years ago

i sold a nice one recently with color dmd and topper for 8k.

#15 2 years ago

I mean...eBay and Pinside are SO close in spelling I get them confused too.

Man, we almost up to distributor pricing!!!!

https://www.thepinballcompany.com/product/tales-of-the-arabian-nights-pinball-machine/

#16 2 years ago

Must be one hell of a TOTAN. And those two photos certainly justify the price. I’m out!

#17 2 years ago

Duplicate

#18 2 years ago

At least its not his first day, first post.

#19 2 years ago

I'd be in at 12k but would leave me no money to change out the hideous lighting...
I'm out ... will wait for an11.5K ad to pop ...
More pics would be nice for that ask

#20 2 years ago

Is this a HEP?

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is this a HEP?

Not Likely. If it was, it would have sold yesterday.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

At least its not his first day, first post.

Most of the insane priced stuff are guys who have been on here for a long time. The new guys caused the price jump but the old collectors fed this mess.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Most of the insane priced stuff are guys who have been on here for a long time. The new guys caused the price jump but the old collectors fed this mess.

It really is a shame! I understand that it is their pin to do what they want with but that definitely doesn’t make anyone feel good about it.

#24 2 years ago

Right in line with the market nowadays. Good luck OP.

#25 2 years ago

Made the rainbow puke club..
No surprise there!

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Not Likely. If it was, it would have sold yesterday.

I’d buy any legitimate HEP at $12K. These folks asking for >$10K for any pin had better back up their ad with some serious photos and background. Two crappy photos just doesn’t cut it.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Two crappy photos just doesn’t cut it.

Those are photos for the peanut gallery. The real ones are for serious buyers. Is there a reason why they just don’t put up all the photos? There could be several. One could be piracy. This happened to me ( not on here) my photos where stolen and used to draw in suckers for a phishing scam. This is of course speculation at best but you just don’t know a person’s reasoning. Me, I wouldn’t post any photos just say photos and FaceTime Video available on request.

#28 2 years ago

I like these threads...

I will trade you my overpriced or not so desirable game for whatever is the most desirable thing at the moment.

The cousin of this is the let me trade you my 5 shitty games for your one grail game.

Does anyone ever bite on this stuff??

If so I have 2 Ravens and a Baywatch I will trade for any LE.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I’d buy any legitimate HEP at $12K. These folks asking for >$10K for any pin had better back up their ad with some serious photos and background. Two crappy photos just doesn’t cut it.

Are you really the targeted buyer? Someone is buying these pins at these prices, and it isn't you. Go read Brobra's thoughts on the matter, he's dead on.

#30 2 years ago

Can’t tell you how many times I’ve had someone offer me their crappier games towards a grail or great title.
Like, why would I want last action hero and hardbody even with cash for MM?

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I like these threads...
I will trade you my overpriced or not so desirable game for whatever is the most desirable thing at the moment.

While I agree the price is less-than-desirable, over 1400 Pinsiders have this game on their wishlist. And there are always handful of wanted ads here as well. It's a desirable pin.

#33 2 years ago

Robin seriously needs to add some sort of drug test to the market place before people can place ad's

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Someone is buying these pins at these prices,

Prove it.

There is no verification so people can make all kinds of wacky claims. Just because it's marked sold doesn't mean it sold, or brought anywhere near the asking price.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I like these threads...
The cousin of this is the let me trade you my 5 shitty games for your one grail game.
Does anyone ever bite on this stuff??

I traded a Genesis, Pool Sharks, and Hardbody toward an Earthshaker, but had to add some cash on top of that. I'm hoping at some point I can trade my BSD + ES for one title, no idea if that's a realistic expectation though.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Robin seriously needs to add some sort of drug test to the market place before people can place ad's

He just needs to start charging an upfront fee to post games for sale (% of asking price) to knock all this stupid shit off.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I traded a Genesis, Pool Sharks, and Hardbody toward an Earthshaker, but had to add some cash on top of that. I'm hoping at some point I can trade my BSD + ES for one title, no idea if that's a realistic expectation though.

Looks like the Earthshaker seller got the better end of the deal. I'll help take BSD off your hands one of these days

Plenty of trades + cash on a lesser desirable/valued pinball. Some people want some cash but don't want to give up a pinball either.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

What you guys talkin about, this thing is a bargain compared to the other one on the Pinside Market for 18k. Should be gone already...

They're working together. One guy lists a game unbelievably high and then the other guy's lower (but still ridiculously high) price, seems like a deal.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

He just needs to start charging an upfront fee to post games for sale (% of asking price) to knock all this stupid shit off.

all that will do is cause sellers to only post on Pinside as a last resort, and/or fair sellers to waste money posting here and then potentially selling elsewhere. why pay a fee to pinside when the game will likely sell on FB, craigslist, etc, for free?.. The number of pins FS here will take a huge dive, limiting our options. I'd frankly rather have a bunch of overpriced ads marked "OBO", allowing me the chance to at least contact the seller and see if they're willing to come down, or maybe even trade for something I no longer have use for, as opposed to not even know the machine is out there and available. These ads are no skin off anyone's back. It's much easier to ignore them or pass over them if you're not interested.

#40 2 years ago

It sucks for people who are actually interested buyers, like myself, with these (seemingly?) joke ads by sellers. It's usually not worth anyone's time to figure out if they are serious or not. Will wait for the next one I guess.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Are you really the targeted buyer? Someone is buying these pins at these prices, and it isn't you. Go read Brobra's thoughts on the matter, he's dead on.

I’ve been on a spree buying fully restored CQ games or players pins and sending them to HEP (or other restorers to be brought up to snuff).

To be honest, I already have a TOTAN. But I could be a targeted buyer if it was a CQ restoration and the OP had the photos to back up the price. There’s no outlandish claims of a CQ restored game being made here. However, the price is in CQ territory and the photos and description don’t justify it. I think the OP is an opportunist testing the market; just like a lot of other recent sellers here. He’s looking to trade his A- title for an A++ title. There’s nothing wrong with asking a high price, maybe it’s done to generate bumps and interest. The market will ultimately decide what this pin is worth.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

The market will ultimately decide what this pin is worth.

That's for sure... I wouldn't sell mine for 12k and it is not an HEP but a really low play nice example with the must have mods like color DMD, PDI glass, Brass Armor and coin door and premium sound upgrade.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

That's for sure... I wouldn't sell mine for 12k and it is not an HEP but a really low play nice example with the must have mods like color DMD, PDI glass, Brass Armor and coin door and premium sound upgrade.

Sounds like a tastefully done TOTAN.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Prove it.
There is no verification so people can make all kinds of wacky claims. Just because it's marked sold doesn't mean it sold, or brought anywhere near the asking price.

If no one was buying them, the prices wouldn't be were they are today and climbing. It's that simple. Supply and demand. As for who is buying them, ask around.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I think the OP is an opportunist testing the market; just like a lot of other recent sellers here. He’s looking to trade his A- title for an A++ title. There’s nothing wrong with asking a high price, maybe it’s done to generate bumps and interest. The market will ultimately decide what this pin is worth.

We are ALL opportunists! Even Blackbeard turned to the dark side.

I agree- the market will decide.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

Looks like the Earthshaker seller got the better end of the deal. I'll help take BSD off your hands one of these days

Never hurts to offer up a trade! Not sure I'm done with it, but nothing is bolted to the floor.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

If no one was buying them, the prices wouldn't be were they are today and climbing.

I offered a Pinball EM for $65,000 and sold it. Does that mean I sold it for $65k? Of course not.
Show your evidence if you're claiming joke ads like this one are regularly bringing the asking price.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I offered a Pinball EM for $65,000 and sold it. Does that mean I sold it for $65k? Of course not.
Show your evidence if you're claiming joke ads like this one are regularly bringing the asking price.

I don't believe this is a joke add (could be), however to compare this 12k for sale add for a TOTAN (when no other one is listed for sale other than more expensive), to your 65k example is frivolous, and hyperbole on your part. Believe what you want, in the end, it doesn't matter to me (your opinion or what this game sells for) a bit.

The market has risen and continues to rise.

#49 2 years ago

Well, looks like the joke ad is no joke. Thought as much… this title is in high demand and there are no guarantees it will ever be remade. ( although I will admit if the prices keep going where their going it certainly will be more likely)

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

looks like the joke ad is no joke.

Clicking a button on Pinside doesn't mean Tales of the Arabian Nights really sold for anywhere near $25k.

Do you believe every troll post you read on the internet? Cultivate some sense of skepticism my friend. Believe a claim when there is evidence to support it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
$ 37.50
$ 84.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.95
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tales-of-the-arabian-nights-81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.