(Topic ID: 154249)

For sale: Tales from the Crypt (Data East, 1993)

By oldpinballer

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by goatdan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Tales from the Crypt (Data East, 1993)

Added: 2016-03-08 14:17:22 UTC • Ended: March 11th, 2016
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 3,000

nice tales pinball machine playfield shines like glass nneeds cliffy leds installed custon powder coating neon green game is nice please call il send pics would trade for other games

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are oldpinballer's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to oldpinballer's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

rock island , il, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 64.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

#2 8 years ago

buyer beware! not because of spelling and making complete sentences.

#4 8 years ago

this is what google has for the phone number and it says speak to "KEVIN" so seems the same as post in above link.

http://www.autorepairmenow.com/k_and_k_pinball_rock-island_IL_S500175014.php

#5 8 years ago

known to go by the names Kevin, Dean, Geroge, plus a few others.

Check his criminal history on public records sites if you really want to know whom you are potentially working with

#6 8 years ago

Not sure if this web site is for pinball repair or auto repair. You would think a guy would check his contexts of his information before publishing the web site.

http://www.autorepairmenow.com/k_and_k_pinball_rock-island_IL_S500175014.php

#7 8 years ago

Owned 2 in the past, got no where near $3000.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Yea too high, Ive been looking at a few. A decent one just sold on ebay yesterday for $1950

#9 8 years ago

This is one DE title that does seem to go for more money. Unless a beater, Ive see average 2800-3500.

#10 8 years ago

Sold mine about a year or so ago for $2500 and it had leds, etc. and was pretty nice.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

This is one DE title that does seem to go for more money. Unless a beater, Ive see average 2800-3500.

Average what? Average asking price? That's meaningless.

It's an $1800-$2500 pin, and for $2500 it should be very clean. For $3000 it should be near mint, collector quality (<1% will be like this).

Do not pay $3000 for an average example.

#12 8 years ago

Traded mine a few months ago for a nice BSD. Selling BSD now for $2900. So TFTC is a $2900 game.

I have another TFTC that I'm restoring now and once I add all the mods, it looks like a $3000 game. But you need the mods for that price.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Average what? Average asking price? That's meaningless.
It's an $1800-$2500 pin, and for $2500 it should be very clean. For $3000 it should be VERY low play, near mint, collector quality (<1% will be like this).
DO NOT PAY $3000 for an average example.

Im saying what I've seen of "nice Examples" they go for good money in the average range I said (not avg condition). As for saying what you think the range is, any pin is worth what someone will pay. I don't know the seller and I could care less what he's asking...Just responding to how you came at me and to clarify

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

Im saying what I've seen of "nice Examples" they go for good money in the range I said. As for saying what you think the range is, any pin is worth what someone will pay. I don't know the seller and I could care less what he's asking...Just responding to how you came at me...

#15 8 years ago

The OP may be a little ahead of the curve on his price, but I think this game will keep appreciating. The theme is well liked and is well done--TFTC it is one of DE's best pins without question. Now that ChadH has really improved the code the game plays way better than it ever has in the past. This one will keep climbing in price--good examples are getting harder to find. Of course, I could be wrong...

#16 8 years ago

I sold my TFTC a few months back for 2500 here on pinside and it wasnt hard to sell at that price. The playfield was really nice, except for typical wear at the scoop. Had a topper, leds..yadda yadda....

#17 8 years ago

Awesome game.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

This isn't the past....welcome to the NOW. Sold mine a month ago for 3k straight up....nice example with LEDs, MODS, blah, blah, blah. Oh and I didn't even have it up FS.....pinsider messaged me and wanted it. I told him what I wanted for it and it's condition and BAM. Sold and another pinhead enjoying a fun pin.

#19 8 years ago

Yeah I listed my tftc last month for 2800 and was offered 3000. The buyer paid for the shipping and everything. Granted mine was above average condition but no mods/topper at all just LEDs. It's a very fun game and a great theme and I have a feeling one day I'll regret selling it for 3k.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from DeafnDumb:

Yeah I listed my tftc last month for 2800 and was offered 3000. The buyer paid for the shipping and everything. Granted mine was above average condition but no mods/topper at all just LEDs. It's a very fun game and a great theme and I have a feeling one day I'll regret selling it for 3k.

Wait, they offered 200 more than you were asking?

#21 8 years ago

Yeah he offered me $3000 the very next day I posted it. I originally had it posted for local pick up because I have never shipped a game and I was kind of worried about shipping damage..but he contacted me and offered me 3k (if I could ship it to him) and arranged shipping and said any damages during shipping were on him if they were to happen. I would say my case was rare because I see this game as a 2-2500 dollar pin...but the prices are going up and I really think I'll regret selling it

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from DeafnDumb:

Yeah he offered me $3000 the very next day I posted it. I originally had it posted for local pick up because I have never shipped a game and I was kind of worried about shipping damage..but he contacted me and offered me 3k (if I could ship it to him) and arranged shipping and said any damages during shipping were on him if they were to happen. I would say my case was rare because I see this game as a 2-2500 dollar pin...but the prices are going up and I really think I'll regret selling it

Nice, as for regretting selling it, don't. The money you get from it goes toward something else. Sold a lot of machines that at this point I chose not to rebuy because the cost is just too high to justify. There are plenty of other games to play though.

#23 8 years ago

Hopefully, it was a wire transfer and there's no surprise chargeback hitting you in the future.

#24 8 years ago

Yep..capinball I was kind of skeptical at first but the buyer is a respectable pinsider and has a reputable pinball company

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Wait, they offered 200 more than you were asking?

Yes. The new code is that good.

#26 8 years ago

Hell, yeah, the new code IS that good. Looking forward to getting the TFTC in my workshop up and running. Traded my personal TFTC for a BSD, but selling that now and think TFTC is just better, especially with the new code from Chad.

#27 8 years ago

Once more people discover Chad's code the price of a nice TFTC is just gonna keep going up. Chad isn't bragging, his code really is that good!

#28 8 years ago

I just picked up a real nice one, its on its way here, very excited

#29 8 years ago

If anyone wants to throw caution to the wind, I live local to Kevin and know him. I will be more than happy to go over there, take additional photos. inspect. and give you my opinion of actual value.

#30 8 years ago

I was going to sell mine a few months ago for $2900.00 but it ended up being part of a multi-game trade for a NIB WOZ75. It had full LEDs including UV LED strips, powdercoating on the wire ramps and the DMD was replaced with a color LCD (Dr Pinball's DMD extender board). The only reason I priced in under $3k was the cab had some chips on the head. Having said that, unless this game is very well restored and modded it's not a $3k game. I would like to get another one though. I'm missing mine!

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Once more people discover Chad's code the price of a nice TFTC is just gonna keep going up. Chad isn't bragging, his code really is that good!

Meh, I hear that Chad's code was only marginal, and it was all about the guy he was working with on it...

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Meh, I hear that Chad's code was only marginal, and it was all about the guy he was working with on it...

I'll admit, that other guy is good. He'd be a great pinball rules designer if he wasn't so wrapped up in putting on the greatest pinball/arcade show in the world.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I'll admit, that other guy is good. He'd be a great pinball rules designer if he wasn't so wrapped up in putting on the greatest pinball/arcade show in the world.

Probably a real diva too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 64.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 26.50
$ 15.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tales-from-the-crypt-data-east-1993-1998 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.