• Latest reply 5 years ago by Rdoyle1978
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180726_185902 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180726_185847 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for trade

For sale: Tales from the Crypt

Added: 2018-07-28 00:46:55 UTC • Ended: August 5th, 2018
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

Trade
Listed at $ 5,500

Open for offers

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

condition: excellent
make / manufacturer: Data East
Looking to sell but mostly trade my fully rebuilt Data East Tales From the Crypt pinball machine. All the of the boards have been updated with new capacitors, reflowed all solder points, installed NVRAM (no more battery worries), New flipper mechs, all new coil sleeves & springs, new Comet LEDs, new rubber (all Super-bands), playfield was 100% stripped cleaned and waxed. Cabinet is in very good shape, typical little bumps and bruises, not faded at all. This is as Plug & Play as you can get.

I had added the following MODs and features to the machine:
- ColorDMD LED display
- Cliffy Protector
- Finger Flipper Mods
- Original Topper
- Playfield plastics are new reproductions (also will provide the original plastics)
- Mirror Blades
- Upgraded PinSound Speakers (3)
- Super-Bands rubber throughout the machine
- New XPIN PPB Board
- New RottenDog Power Board
- New PinLED Flipper Board
- Reproduction Door Knocker and Original One

As for trades, looking for other DMD games +/- cash or possibly 2 for 1 or 1 for 2 trades. I have another pinball machine for Sale/Trade Sega Jurassic Park.

As far as shipping... I have no problem with shipping if the buyer schedules and communicates with the shipping company directly, I will not be involved except for schedule and time of pickup.

For a straight cash sale, payment is "Cash on the Glass", no checks, money orders, etc...

Please watch my video, as it will provide a full overview of the machine.

Item photos

IMG_20180726_185847 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180726_185902 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are rvalkenburg's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to rvalkenburg's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Cinnaminson, NJ, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95

#2 5 years ago

Omg. What happened to prices on TFTC! Good luck with the sale, this is a nice one!

#3 5 years ago

WTF! I was hoping for a $2,500 price tag!

Nice machine though, definitely above my expectations.

#4 5 years ago

Ron does really great work on his games and this is a beautiful TFTC.

#5 5 years ago

Does it have an led-ocd board? I found on my game with leds, it was seizure inducing. Looks like a nice game.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Does it have an led-ocd board? I found on my game with leds, it was seizure inducing. Looks like a nice game.

I don’t believe led ocd makes boards for DE games. It could have this though https://sites.google.com/site/energimaestro/ .

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I don’t believe led ocd makes boards for DE games. It could have this though https://sites.google.com/site/energimaestro/ .

Pinsider Caker makes them, I had one in my game and my Baywatch.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Oh yes they do. System 11 board they sell is for Data East.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Pinsider Caker makes them, I had one in my game and my Baywatch.

Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Oh yes they do. System 11 board they sell is for Data East.

Ah ok. Didn’t know that.

#10 5 years ago

guess I had mine waaaaayy underpriced!

#11 5 years ago

Just curious about the spotlights on the left + right slings. Is that factory?

edit: nevermind....had the video on mute when you talked about them.

#12 5 years ago

very nice game.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

very nice game.

I hope this finds a wonderful new home, especially with all the expensive upgrades it's got- heck, given the Data East factor having an actual plug in play Crypt may be worth an extra $1K in frustration savings alone- but make no mistake here- this machine has seen a lot of location play. I dont think that should matter for non collectors, but it's uncommon to see a TFTC get tricked out without that collector level playfield and/or cabinet.

The shooter is very worn, there is apparently a lot of wear to the scoop under the cliffy- you can see the indentations in the video, the cab has also taken a fair amount bumps along the way, and it's a reimport.

Yes it's not faded and theres no wear to the ramp ball drops, but this cabinet came screen printed only and the drops have mylar from the factory. So I think those factors listed as pros are kind of automatic on this title.

The real pros are everything else- and this seller has given this game tons of upgrades and shop time.

#14 5 years ago

I hope this finds a wonderful new home, especially with all the expensive upgrades it's got- heck, given the Data East factor having an actual plug in play Crypt may be worth an extra $1K in frustration savings alone- but make no mistake here- this machine has seen a lot of location play. I dont think that should matter for non collectors, but it's uncommon to see a TFTC get tricked out without that collector level playfield and/or cabinet.
The shooter is very worn, there is apparently a lot of wear to the scoop under the cliffy- you can see the indentations in the video, the cab has also taken a fair amount bumps along the way, and it's a reimport.
Yes it's not faded and theres no wear to the ramp ball drops, but this cabinet came screen printed only and the drops have mylar from the factory. So I think those factors listed as pros are kind of automatic on this title.
The real pros are everything else- and this seller has given this game tons of upgrades and shop time.

I was confused when I saw the shooter lane. Much more worn than I thought it would be. Game still looks good though!

#15 5 years ago

I think the biggest problem is the 5500 price tag. That would be my starting point. The game is def underrated so if the price was tweaked, this would sell quick.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think the biggest problem is the 5500 price tag. That would be my starting point. The game is def underrated so if the price was tweaked, this would sell quick.

This.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Perhaps the OP should consider listing some games he would trade for -

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 18.95
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tales-from-the-crypt-21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.