3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MeatWithGravy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 625

for sale

For sale: Surf Champ (Gottlieb, 1976) or ALL parts FS

Added: July 27th, 2016 Ended: December 23rd, 2016
Condition: Used - shows wear, needs some work

Item description

I have a Surf Champ, complete game. Have tried to sell it, no success, shipping always kills the deal. I figure the game is worth $625 or so, and looking at the game, it is probably worth around or more than that number parted out. The glass is pretty nice; the lockdown bar is very nice, the door is straight and nice, the playfield is way better than most, apron is great, arch is great, plastics and bodies and caps and drop targets are good, the KS and FS relays are there, and I think the legs are new. Plus lots of score reels , and the pops, flipper and sling and drop target assemblies.
Link to pics of the game http://s298.photobucket.com/user/jgrenuk/library/SurfChamp?sort=2&page=1
If you are interested in the game, LMK. If you are interested in parts, LMK what you are looking for. Game is on the east coast of central Florida.
And please, my first choice is to sell the game. So let's not go down the "this is a travesty, it doesn't deserve this, save the whales" road. If you want me to save the game, send me $625

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Melbourne Beach, FL, US

Seller insights

These are JoeGrenuk's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to JoeGrenuk's stats page

#2 3 years ago

this is a travesty, it doesn't deserve this

#3 3 years ago

No luck selling it local on CL? Even with the bit of flaking glass, seems like you could sell it for $400-600 to somebody. It has an incorrect spinner and maybe a cracked plastic or 2 but looks pretty good overall. One of my favorite EM's, keeping mine.

#4 3 years ago

Nice looking game Joe. Wish you were closer.

GLWS

Dave

#5 3 years ago

That's WAAAAAY too stunning to part out. I don't think you can get $600 by parting out, maybe $400 on a very good day. I'd cut my losses just to save the thing, that's pretty. Guess it's not on your agenda though if it goes for cheaper.

Good luck with the sale. Somebody scoop this thing up, looks like a shining example. That is one of the cleanest games I have ever seen. Just the thought of it being parted out makes me wince! (I'm having PTSD to Star Jet)

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

(I'm having PTSD to Star Jet)

Try puting the Star Jet in this Surf Champ cabinet.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Try puting the Star Jet in this Surf Champ cabinet.

I'd much prefer to keep this Surf Champ (living) in it

#8 3 years ago

I had a similar condition Surfer for a while but the gameplay and artwork didn't grab me so I sold it to a friend for $600. He turned around and sold it for twice that much. So there is a market for this game.... somewhere.

#9 3 years ago

Geez, if this were a little closer to the panhandle I would be in.

1 month later
#10 3 years ago

Message sent.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside