Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by northvibe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-154.jpg
image-726.jpg
image-18.jpg
image-42.jpg
image-400.jpg
image-779.jpg
image-809.jpg
image-612.jpg
image-935.jpg
image-196.jpg
image-68.jpg
image-707.jpg
image-240.jpg
image.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Make offer

for sale

Super Mario Brothers Machine for sale

Added: June 29th, 2015 Ended: July 9th, 2015
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Item description

1992 Super Mario brothers machine for sale -Received as a gifit in 2007 used in home since then. Needs some cabinet art work - board is clean and it works great. Have replacement parts and bulbs in the cabinet. Make an offer -

Item photos

image.jpg
image-240.jpg
image-707.jpg
image-68.jpg
image-196.jpg
image-935.jpg
image-612.jpg
image-809.jpg
image-779.jpg
image-400.jpg
image-42.jpg
image-18.jpg
image-726.jpg
image-154.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Iowa City, IA, US

Seller insights

These are Stennet01's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Stennet01's stats page

#3 4 years ago

Great price

#4 4 years ago

Awesome theme horrible game 1400 is a fair price

Edit- ok its not a horrible game great for kids and non pinheads .

#5 4 years ago

I think the game is pretty fun, not that easy either.

#6 4 years ago

Want and fine with the price, but 727 miles is just too much. GLWS

#7 4 years ago

Sending you a PM.

#8 4 years ago

I love the legbolts.... You can play pinball AND hang laundry at the same time

Should sell quick, priced fairly.

#9 4 years ago

With leg bolts like that you can guess how well this machine was taken care of.

#10 4 years ago

I have seen this before, the operator will put a pad lock on two of the legs through the I bolts and then it makes it much harder to steal.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I have seen this before, the operator will put a pad lock on two of the legs through the I bolts and then it makes it much harder to steal.

I get it in an arcade but who would leave them on in a home environment?

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I get it in an arcade but who would leave them on in a home environment?

Not everyone cares. For some people, it's not a big deal to have the eye bolts instead of the acorn head bolts. Assuming this means the game was cared for poorly is a giant assumption. If it's not the game for you, just move on. No need to be a jackass and spread unfounded speculation in someone's for sale thread.

#13 4 years ago

Wish it wasn't a starting bid of 1400. GLWS

#14 4 years ago

I sold one in equal or worse condition for more. This is a great title, especially if you have kids around. Easy shots, and good flow, but there are a lot of hidden features to keep it interesting for a while. This is a great price for this title. Surprised it's lasted this long. They usually sell within hours of posting.

#15 4 years ago

1400 is a fair price...... its Super Mario Bros. which is a fun title. I'd pay 1400 for one (if I didn't have it already)

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

1400 is a fair price...... its Super Mario Bros. which is a fun title. I'd pay 1400 for one (if I didn't have it already)

Paid 600 for mine and was fun for a month only bc love the theme.i wouldn't buy it again for that

#17 4 years ago

I haven't heard back from the seller...yet

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I think the game is pretty fun, not that easy either.

I guess theres much better pins for the money

#19 4 years ago

man late and far

#20 4 years ago

If you need it picked up. I'll take it.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Paid 600 for mine and was fun for a month only bc love the theme.i wouldn't buy it again for that

Quoted from bigd1979:

I guess theres much better pins for the money

Why even bother posting in this thread? What are you contributing besides trying to dissuade people from purchasing it? If you want to argue that SMB isn't a good game, do it somewhere besides this guy's FS thread...

Seller, I think it's a fair price you've got there. GLWS. I, for one, own the game and like it.

#22 4 years ago

<blockqote cite="#2540574">Why even bother posting in this thread? What are you contributing besides trying to dissuade people from purchasing it? If you want to argue that SMB isn't a good game, do it somewhere besides this guy's FS thread...
Seller, I think it's a fair price you've got there. GLWS. I, for one, own the game and like it.

I said It was a fair price and I mentioned it bc wel... I can

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I said It was a fair price and I mentioned it bc wel... I can

You can mention whatever you want because this is the internet. I personally feel though that the "Price Police," "Pinball Beckett," or "Personally Owned Price Pumping" has gotten crazy lately. I will call you out personally on it BigD1979. Not every for sale thread needs a personal opinion / suggested MSRP tag to go with it. Folks on Pinside have read about and understand that you most likely have nice games...GOT IT! However, you are not the only one, and please don't knock down other folks because theirs may not be to the caliber that you think they are compared to yours. I will NEVER post on Pinside a Pin for sale due to the sheer possibility that I will get opinions and other random BS about what you, or certain others, think mine should be compared to against yours or whatnot. Especially being within driving distance...it just sucks.

FYI - I am not the only one who thinks this...please think to yourself before you hit "send post" - Is this necessary, is this useful, is this kind

Thank you

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

You can mention whatever you want because this is the internet. I personally feel though that the "Price Police," "Pinball Beckett," or "Personally Owned Price Pumping" has gotten crazy lately. I will call you out personally on it BigD1979. Not every for sale thread needs a personal opinion / suggested MSRP tag to go with it. Folks on Pinside have read about and understand that you most likely have nice games...GOT IT! However, you are not the only one, and please don't knock down other folks because theirs may not be to the caliber that you think they are compared to yours. I will NEVER post on Pinside a Pin for sale due to the sheer possibility that I will get opinions and other random BS about what you, or certain others, think mine should be compared to against yours or whatnot. Especially being within driving distance...it just sucks.
FYI - I am not the only one who thinks this...please think to yourself before you hit "send post" - Is this necessary, is this useful, is this kind
Thank you

Thats interesting id like to see where I said people's pins were junk, nasty, horrible, or just not a nice pin compared to mine., . I may mention things that I notice on some of the crazy priced pins thses days bc the buyer sld know if its not pointed out by the seller . Ive seen lots of friends get ripped off once they got a pin home so just trying to help out in that matter. As far as price pumping I put alot of work and time in any pin I purchase to make them as nice as possible and I sell them a heck of alot cheaper than most people apparently , bc I look at recent sales and average them out and come up with a number and have lots of very happy buyers that said I sold them to cheap for how nice they are.. if I like a pin well ill say that and if I dont il say that also not sure thats price pumping?.sorry you and all these other people feel his way bc thats not how I want to be perceived. if you meant me and my lady I think u wld change your tune . I do alot for the hobby and help everyone as much as I can and have a heck of alot of great friends since finding this hobby. I use to not comment on things but seems when I list something I get the same stuff your talking about which I guess is y I guess istarted . Sorry if I angered u

#25 4 years ago

You didn't anger me - no worries there. Takes a lot to anger me.

I just admire humility.

#26 4 years ago

Thats a good price on a very popular family friendly title. The game gets a bad wrap with pinheads but is pretty fun.

#27 4 years ago

So it's 1400 or start bidding at that?

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

So it's 1400 or start bidding at that?

Got a reply from the seller after asking if it was still available and I qoute. "Yes I put a minimum of 1400 but I'm expecting more than that for it Have a good night"

Not sure why he doesn't just ask what he wants for it instead of putting an auction? Isn't this against the point of leaving the selling price so that other's can reference what the value of machines are?

#29 4 years ago

Price is already over 1400, but you have to make an offer I guess.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Got a reply from the seller after asking if it was still available and I qoute. "Yes I put a minimum of 1400 but I'm expecting more than that for it Have a good night"
Not sure why he doesn't just ask what he wants for it instead of putting an auction? Isn't this against the point of leaving the selling price so that other's can reference what the value of machines are?

Yes. I got the same. OP is new to the site, maybe they aren't used to the usual workings. But I'm not here to buy an ebay machine.

#31 4 years ago

Me too, wants a bidding war. No thanks.

#32 4 years ago

Gotta love Pinside lately

GLWS (or GLWA?) op, I really like the game (for a Gottlieb ) and am sure it will find a new home with welcoming arms.

#33 4 years ago

First time poster and wants a bidding war. No thanks.

#34 4 years ago

FYI, I paid $2,400 for my SMB and it's in near perfect condition. I wanted a machine with amazing artwork. This is a great game for any Nintendo/Mario fan.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Ryder4864:

FYI, I paid $2,400 for my SMB and it's in near perfect condition. I wanted a machine with amazing artwork. This is a great game for any Nintendo/Mario fan.

I just get the feeling that this game would sell better in a more public market. Typically it gets bad marks from people who play lots of pinball but it is wildly popular with casual players. There is one at a local game store and all the kids at the school where I teach talk about it. They think it is cool but they have not been exposed to the machines that we have. i am in mine over $2000 right now and I am not finished. I have never lost money on a pin but this one I probably would. My wife and kid love it for the time being so it is all good though.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I freaking hate this new feature. So stupid.

#37 4 years ago

In case people forgot, Robin set up the "make offer" system to let sellers solicit offers starting at a certain price:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/market-place-bidding

Unfortunately, it hasn't really been very well documented & most people (myself included) just ignore where it says "make offer" since it sounds too much like "best offer".

Almost all listings on Pinside and Craigslist end up working like auctions, but most listings work more like a dutch auction where the seller starts high and reduces the price until a buyer is found. The "make offer" increasing-bid auction is an auction type that folks are not as used to dealing with for pinball transactions except on eBay, since it's forbidden by Craigslist.

So don't blame the OP for using a Pinside feature you don't like. And give feedback to Robin if you want to see changes to it.

#38 4 years ago

I'm not a fan of the new "system".

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

In case people forgot, Robin set up the "make offer" system to let sellers solicit offers starting at a certain price:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/market-place-bidding

I think he set it up so you can make offers like this:

Take it to Ebay.

#40 4 years ago

New system is no good people just want a price they can pay to buy it.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Ryder4864:

FYI, I paid $2,400 for my SMB and it's in near perfect condition.

Pictures or it doesn't exist

#42 4 years ago

Someone got a nice deal.

ebay.com link » Super Mario Bros By Gottlieb Pinball Machine

#43 4 years ago

I have the game, granted its not ST:TNG. But oddly, its my most played game by non-pinheads... instantly accessible. And not to mention my most reliable.. I have changed NOTHING on this machine for 10 years.

#44 4 years ago

Gottliebs are well built games. If only the titles matched build quality. But this is a great system 3 game. I am sure it will sell fast!

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawk007:

Gottliebs are well built games. If only the titles matched build quality. But this is a great system 3 game. I am sure it will sell fast!

only if you secretly offer enough

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm not a fan of the new "system".

+1

#47 4 years ago

Now bidding wars on Pinside!??

Geez...

That should not be allowed. There is Ebay for that.

#48 4 years ago

It was already happening, except in reverse. People would put astronomically high prices on things and then say "or best offer" and watch all the bids come in. At least before we knew which sellers to avoid.

Why anyone would want to turn a hobby site into an auction house is beyond me.

Quoted from jlm33:

Now bidding wars on Pinside!??

#49 4 years ago

I have both bought and sold machines. I find myself turned off when the seller strings me along waiting for a better offer. I expect a prompt decisive response. Not some dribble about how I can't see it until this weekend because he's got dirty socks to wash all week. When I sell I set the price fairly with perhaps a small amount of wiggle. If an offer comes in close to what I want I take it. Even if 2 hrs later somebody offers full price I stay committed to the 1st buyer. I'm not in this to make money but to break even and have fun! If you treat people right they will remember that. That's how the best deals are found! Selling/trading doesn't have to be painful.

That said, I agree the minimum bid pricing has been confusing. I view it as the price and not a starting point.

If we really want to make it interesting all machines start at $0 with $25 bid increments. Only the seller knows the reserve. If reserve is met the machine sells automatically with pinside taking a cut. If reserve is not met perhaps a deal could still be hashed out with the highest bidder.

Sorry to hijack the thread. It sounds like this game will be sold one way or another. Congrats!

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Morpheus1975:

I have both bought and sold machines. I find myself turned off when the seller strings me along waiting for a better offer. I expect a prompt decisive response. Not some dribble about how I can't see it until this weekend because he's got dirty socks to wash all week. When I sell I set the price fairly with perhaps a small amount of wiggle. If an offer comes in close to what I want I take it. Even if 2 hrs later somebody offers full price I stay committed to the 1st buyer. I'm not in this to make money but to break even and have fun! If you treat people right they will remember that. That's how the best deals are found! Selling/trading doesn't have to be painful.
That said, I agree the minimum bid pricing has been confusing. I view it as the price and not a starting point.
If we really want to make it interesting all machines start at $0 with $25 bid increments. Only the seller knows the reserve. If reserve is met the machine sells automatically with pinside taking a cut. If reserve is not met perhaps a deal could still be hashed out with the highest bidder.
Sorry to hijack the thread. It sounds like this game will be sold one way or another. Congrats!

It's called eBay I didn't think that's the site I was on

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside