You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0919151556.jpg
0919151552a.jpg
0919151551b.jpg
0919151551a.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

Super Mario Bros. Mushroom World pin in Ohio

Added: 2015-10-17 22:16:36 UTC • Ended: October 25th, 2015
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

$ 1,700

SALE PENDING.

Super Mario Bros. Mushroom World pin. Some playfield wear in the pop bumpers and in front of flippers. Will be looking for $2000 OBO. Will consider trades, especially B/W & DE DMDS, classic Ballys, or a Gottlieb Dragon.

Item photos

0919151551a.jpg
0919151551b.jpg
0919151552a.jpg
0919151556.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Collin's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Collin's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 1,700

Item location

Columbus, OH, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

#2 8 years ago

Great price on a rare pin!! Holy macaroniiiii

#3 8 years ago

Finally selling it eh?

#4 8 years ago

Hey Collin do u have the plastics tht go over drops targets tht says points instead of tickets ?

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Finally selling it eh?

Yeah, figure I'd swap it out for something that'll be better for league

#7 8 years ago

At the top of my trade list would be:
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Doctor Who
Party Zone
Starship Troopers
Dragon (Gottlieb)
Medusa
Flash Gordon
Radical
TX-Sector
Robocop
Maybe some other Sega/DE DMD, like an ID4.

#8 8 years ago

Can you ship or you look for local pickup?

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Hey Collin do u have the plastics tht go over drops targets tht says points instead of tickets ?

I do not. Sorry I missed this earlier. I'm going to guess those are rare, as it seems like most SMBMWs went to Chuck E Cheese locations and dispensed tickets.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I do not. Sorry I missed this earlier. I'm going to guess those are rare, as it seems like most SMBMWs went to Chuck E Cheese locations and dispensed tickets.

Ok cool I have one just need one more. I wonder if there is a way to copy them thanks anyway glwts.

#11 8 years ago

So much for playing it during league.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Zaxxis:

So much for playing it during league.

I know, it must be heartbreaking for you.

#13 8 years ago

New price, $1700

Quoted from VGC1612:

Can you ship or you look for local pickup?

Local pickup only. I want a buyer to be able to inspect the game, pay cash, and I will help load.

#14 8 years ago

This game plays great. Sad to see it leave his collection.

#15 8 years ago

Great seller. Deal with confidence. Good luck Collin!

#16 8 years ago

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

#17 8 years ago

Someone has to want this! Is $1700 too steep, or is my location just bad?

#18 8 years ago

Bought one two weeks ago for 2200 local pick up would have killed my deal I had it shipped from Chicago all that being said your cheap on price don't be afraid to ship bro.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Bought one two weeks ago for 2200 local pick up would have killed my deal I had it shipped from Chicago all that being said your cheap on price don't be afraid to ship bro.

Here's my hesitation: I transported a game to expo. By the time the buyer (reputable member) got it home - one was probably cold solder joints, one was something I forgot to mention and was completely my mistake, and one was something I believe happened in transportation but can't be sure. Likely none of it's the buyer's fault; elements of it can be chalked up to moving a 30 year old game twice, and I made an omission in my description. However, I ended up refunding the buyer 20% of the purchase price, which is what he felt would make things right. I want to avoid a replay of that situation. Again, I don't fault the buyer one bit.

Partially as a result of this, I have a strong preference for a deal where the buyer can afford take personal responsibility for inspecting the game, pay cash, and leave.

#20 8 years ago

Got ya I have been there too with shipping people are somthin!!glwts

#21 8 years ago

Damn im terribly tempted to trade with you. My 2 year old can play this game alot easier than a normal pin and im trying to raise a world champion here.

#22 8 years ago

Dunno if I am 100% about this, but would you meet half way between chicago and there and trade for a swords of fury?

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

being said your cheap on price

You have to consider the playfield condition in the price...

I am looking for one since 1 year, over 2000USD the machine must be very nice. Mario Mushroom does not sell for such insane prices we could think about.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Dunno if I am 100% about this, but would you meet half way between chicago and there and trade for a Swords of Fury?

Oh man, I'm going to be in Indy this Sunday for a trade, but only have room for one game in my minivan.... Otherwise I'd be all over that. I'm really not looking to drive that far again soon, but will shoot a message your way if I change my mind. I do like Swords of Fury!

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from valentin27:

You have to consider the playfield condition in the price...
I am looking for one since 1 year, over 2000USD the machine must be very nice. Mario Mushroom does not sell for such insane prices we could think about.

I know mine was in great shape playfield wise just not tryin to crap on dudes post
But yes condition is king Mario has been gaining tons of steam Nintendo gen is growing up and getting paid lol

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Oh man, I'm going to be in Indy this Sunday for a trade, but only have room for one game in my minivan.... Otherwise I'd be all over that. I'm really not looking to drive that far again soon, but will shoot a message your way if I change my mind. I do like Swords of Fury!

Like I said, not 100%. I couldnt look at the pics so well on my phone, I didnt realize the kick outs were so bad. All good though, thanks for the correspondence.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

but only have room for one game in my minivan....

Come on Collin pack better! I fit two games in my minivan.

#28 8 years ago

Someone should repro this playfield!

I'm half serious. I'm sure there wouldn't be enough of a market for it. But, man - they are always blown out.

Hoping to get mine back set up next week! Good luck with the sale, love this machine. It's far better than people give it credit for. I wish that I could put lightning flippers on it to make it just a bit more difficult, but my son loves it. (See: Avatar )

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Come on Collin pack better! I fit two games in my minivan.

I know, I'm a delicate little flower.
I have a Villager, which is smaller than most. I have fit two EMs in it. Can't do two games without fully detaching both backboxes, tho.

I've fit two in a Caravan, easily.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Someone should repro this playfield!
I'm half serious. I'm sure there wouldn't be enough of a market for it. But, man - they are always blown out.
Hoping to get mine back set up next week! Good luck with the sale, love this machine. It's far better than people give it credit for. I wish that I could put lightning flippers on it to make it just a bit more difficult, but my son loves it. (See: Avatar )

I think they're mostly pretty similar to this because most seemed to end up in Chuck E Cheese... And we all know how THAT goes for pins

#31 8 years ago

System 3 gottliebs were lacquered from the factory, no "diamond plate". Most of them are blown out. It isn't even a fair comparison to a B/W diamond plated playfield of the same age.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I think they're mostly pretty similar to this because most seemed to end up in Chuck E Cheese... And we all know how THAT goes for pins

I don't think the majority went to CECs. If so, there are a heck of a lot less than the original 500 out there, as CEC had a policy to destroy any games that were old and scheduled to be replaced on the floor. I know - I worked there around that time. And yes, I got to sledgehammer games, and it usually made me feel bad.

Although sledgehammering the old Whack-a-Mole games was amazingly satisfying. When you split them with a sledge, they DON'T pop back up!

#34 8 years ago

I bought one recently from another Pinsider. The reason I got one was because I played it a lot at a Chuck E Cheese as a kid (and the wife approved of the buy).

I found out during the deal that it was one that NiftyLED saved:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-super-mario-bros-mushroom-world

Fun Game. Kid loves the tickets. Nostalgia factor in full play.

It's never leaving my collection (partly because it's tough to move infinity pounds back up from the basement with two tight turns.)

2K obo seems like a good starting point to me Collin. Surely one of the dozens of Pinsiders with this game on their wishlist won't want to pass this up. GLWTS

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I don't think the majority went to CECs. If so, there are a heck of a lot less than the original 500 out there, as CEC had a policy to destroy any games that were old and scheduled to be replaced on the floor. I know - I worked there around that time. And yes, I got to sledgehammer games, and it usually made me feel bad.
Although sledgehammering the old Whack-a-Mole games was amazingly satisfying. When you split them with a sledge, they DON'T pop back up!

Gotcha. I may have had bad information, then. Thanks for the clarification!

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Memodellocos:

I bought one recently from another Pinsider. The reason I got one was because I played it a lot at a Chuck E Cheese as a kid (and the wife approved of the buy).
I found out during the deal that it was one that NiftyLED saved:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-super-mario-bros-mushroom-world
Fun Game. Kid loves the tickets. Nostalgia factor in full play.
It's never leaving my collection (partly because it's tough to move infinity pounds back up from the basement with two tight turns.)
2K obo seems like a good starting point to me Collin. Surely one of the dozens of Pinsiders with this game on their wishlist won't want to pass this up. GLWTS

Thanks! I actually dropped the price to $1700 a few days ago, though I think I only updated that in one of the two places here.

#37 8 years ago

How much for the Crazy Taxi upright?

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

How much for the Crazy Taxi upright?

I used two have two, and would run Initial D version 3 linked. Sold the other one for a grand. Probably want to keep this one, though.

Trust me when I say you don't want to move that beast out of my basement.

#39 8 years ago

Can you convert those to run Out Run 2? That's my all time favorite racer...

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Can you convert those to run Out Run 2? That's my all time favorite racer...

Yea! I had an Outrun 2 SP in it for a while. It requires a modified shifter wiring harness to drive in manual transmission mode, but that's easy. Love that game!

#41 8 years ago

outrun 2 is so much fun

#42 8 years ago

I've marked this as pending sale. I believe I have a cash deal pending. Shy of someone wanting to swap me a player's BSD, I'm going through with a straight sale

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Yea! I had an Outrun 2 SP in it for a while. It requires a modified shifter wiring harness to drive in manual transmission mode, but that's easy. Love that game!

That's awesome to hear. I don't think I could ever get one of these up my stairs unfortunately, although I do have an Escalera....hmmm....

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

That's awesome to hear. I don't think I could ever get one of these up my stairs unfortunately, although I do have an Escalera....hmmm....

Trust me, you definitely CAN fit an upright Crazy Taxi (or Outrun 2 or Jambo Safari, though those are more rare.)

They're too wide to fit through my doorway fully assembled, but you can break them down and move them damn near anywhere, actually. I think the pieces I had mine in are as follows:
Monitor surround / rear monitor cover
Monitor
Monitor support beams x2
Side rail pieces x4
Base
Subwoofer enclosure
...I think that might be all there is to it. Of course you have to disconnect and reconnect a couple wiring harnesses; probably more than an early Bally backbox, but less than a WPC backbox. It's a few hour job to disassemble and reassemble, but it was the only way I could fit a driver in my place. I've disassembled and reassembled CT Uprights probably 4 times now, and it's not too bad a job. If you decide to go that route, I think I have some pictures showing roughly what my process was I can dig up for you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-super-mario-bros-mushroom-world-pin-in-ohio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.