Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Push600
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_0147 (resized).JPG
IMG_0148 (resized).JPG
IMG_0146 (resized).JPG
IMG_0154 (resized).JPG
IMG_0199 (resized).JPG
IMG_0150 (resized).JPG
IMG_0152 (resized).JPG
IMG_0149 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 1,800

for sale

For sale: Strange Science

Added: May 22nd, 2017 Ended: May 28th, 2017
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Item description

Not a game you come across every day, especially in this condition. Might regret putting this one on the block...definitely the nicest one I've ever seen.

Person I bought it from claimed HUO, but it does not have documentation. Given how clean it is and missing any signs of being routed, it very well could be. Backglass is original and perfect, playfield has absolutely no wear, cabinet and backbox in excellent condition. Topper is bright and fully working. Boards are clean and unhacked, and game works and plays 100%. Displays are bright. I've installed some LED's under the PF. Also includes custom keychain and bound repro manual.

Might be open to entertaining trades, but really looking to sell outright at the moment. Don't hesitate to PM with any questions.

Item photos

IMG_0149 (resized).JPG
IMG_0152 (resized).JPG
IMG_0150 (resized).JPG
IMG_0199 (resized).JPG
IMG_0154 (resized).JPG
IMG_0146 (resized).JPG
IMG_0148 (resized).JPG
IMG_0147 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 1,800

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Langhorne, PA, US

Seller insights

These are Colsond3's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Colsond3's stats page

#2 1 year ago

A few people sent PMs...I'll take some better shots of the PF and add them later. Thanks for the interest.

#3 1 year ago

I dont think it will last long. Glwts...

#4 1 year ago

chitown pinball was looking for one of these.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Didn't see him yet, if he doesn't check in I'll shoot him a PM. Thanks.

#6 1 year ago

I never did like the word "Minty". Minty sounds like CL jargon for musty! You might want to change the description!

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

I never did like the word "Minty". Minty sounds like CL jargon for musty! You might want to change the description!

The full term is usually "minty fresh", a play on "mint condition".

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Changed. Ok with you now?

Quoted from ForceFlow:

The full term is usually "minty fresh", a play on "mint condition".

Like the Hulk.

#10 1 year ago

It will sell like hotcakes now!

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

It's better than "melty"

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

It will sell like hotcakes now!

Haha...thanks.

Quoted from vdojaq:

It's better than "melty"

Back when I started in the hobby I had a few games that would have fit into that category...

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just saw this. Thanks

#14 1 year ago

Added a few playfield pics with glass off, as requested. Playfield is excellent, no wear at all.

#15 1 year ago

Any interest in a Police Force that needs some board work plus cash?

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Any interest in a Police Force that needs some board work plus cash?

Not a title I'm interested in for my personal line up right now, and really only looking for fully working nice condition games. Might be interested in taking that in on trade at my shop though if you're interested. Thanks.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Not a title I'm interested in for my personal line up right now, and really only looking for fully working nice condition games. Might be interested in taking that in on trade at my shop though if you're interested. Thanks.

No problem. I'll probably just list it here. I'm getting ready to move and don't have time to putz with it and can't add more to the move list. Only other game I could probably trade would be a Space Shuttle. Haven't had a Strange Science in a while, it's a unique game.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

No problem. I'll probably just list it here. I'm getting ready to move and don't have time to putz with it and can't add more to the move list. Only other game I could probably trade would be a Space Shuttle. Haven't had a Strange Science in a while, it's a unique game.

Definitely is. I've had a lot of interest, but nothing definite. I actually like the game more than I thought, and having such a nice example is making me really second-guess selling it. Most other ones I've come across had a beat playfield or no topper.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Definitely is. I've had a lot of interest, but nothing definite. I actually like the game more than I thought, and having such a nice example is making me really second-guess selling it. Most other ones I've come across had a beat playfield or no topper.

I wouldn't sell it then if I were you If you enjoy it, the gameplay is quite different from most games and it is hard to find these at all anymore, much less in nice condition. I've actually seen a lot of them with nice playfields BUT having that kind of playfield with a topper and a cabinet that is in nice shape (most of those late Bally cabinets are getting nasty) is a rare find.

#20 1 year ago

Pm sent.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside