IMG_5949 (resized).JPG
IMG_5948 (resized).JPG
IMG_5947 (resized).JPG
IMG_5946 (resized).JPG
IMG_5945 (resized).JPG
IMG_5944 (resized).JPG
IMG_5943 (resized).JPG
IMG_5942 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for trade

For sale: Stern Austin Powers (2001)

Added: 2021-10-03 16:14:04 UTC • Ended: November 3rd, 2021
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

Trade
Listed at $ 4,000

Hoping to trade my players Austin Powers (2001) for a Ripleys Believe It Or Not - Yeah Baby!!! I can/will add cash as needed, and will also sell the game outright if you decide you cant live without it, and don't have a RBION to offer up.

This machine was non-working, and a bit of a mess, when it recently found its way to me from an operator who ran it hard on his route for many years. I just completely went through it, cleaned it up and fully shopped it, and it is again fully working and looking very presentable. Its a very fun and pretty unique game, with great callouts and playfield color. Details of the recent work are as follows:

• Sound/CPU: The original PCB was washed/neutralized, the dedicated battery holder removed, and the memory-function restored with a new Pinitech NVRAM. Faulty CPU-to-Driver header pins, and the small ribbon cable, were replaced w/new. The 5 electrolytic filter caps on the sound circuit were also replaced w/new.

• Driver Board: Faulty CPU-to-Driver header pins were replaced w/new, and the recommended 5V modification completed. One bad transistor was also replaced.

• Backbox Light: Wiring hacks were reversed, and a new starter installed.

• DMD Driver: A newer surface mount driver had been installed previously, which was causing all kinds of weird display issues and restarts. An unhacked and fully working old-style driver board was sourced and installed.

• DMD Power Supply: The original was hacked beyond belief, so an NOS Stern board was sourced and installed.

• SHOP JOB: Details of the general shop-work completed is as follows:

- The game was full LED when I got it. The LED's are of an older style, and the GI lighting was pretty dull. I swapped out all the playfield GI lighting with new cool/natural white Comet LED's which brightened it up very nicely. All inserts are color matched, and the back panel has RGB color changers installed, which gives it a very-cool look;

- Top-side tear-down;

- Playfield cleaned, polished, and waxed;

- All playfield rubbers were replaced with a new set of purple Titan silicone rings;

- New leg levelers installed;

- New custom instruction/pricing cards installed;

- New pinballs installed (4).

Please review the pictures closely for additional condition details, and don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, or if you would like to see additional photos of a specific area. The playfield has great color, full factory mylar, and is very presentable. It does show some wear around the scoop (Cliffys available). All the figures, and the toilet are very nice and undamaged. Dr. Evil is not currently broken, but is a commonly broken part on this title (currently unavailable). I did find an NOS replacement with the bracket at Pinfest this year, and will include it with the game. One out lane plastic does have the corner broken off, but it isn't really that noticeable. The cabinet is the only real weak part of this game. It is very solid; however, it does show its rather obvious route-history with many bumps/brises/scrapes, some planking on the one side, and flipper button wear (covered with blue mylar). The DMD is fully working, but the lower right corner is starting to show some slight fade (hardly noticeable at this stage).

The game is located in Central Pennsylvania, just off I-80. If we can work a trade on a RBION, we can hash out the exchange details in PM, but I would like to limit it to an in-person exchange. If its purchased outright, pickup is highly preferred, but shipping is all-good too as long as the buyer makes all the arraignments, and payment-in-full has cleared my account before the game leaves my possession. "Grab and Go Gaming" (private game shipper) will be at my place next week or the week after to drop off a couple games - so you may be able to work a good shipping price with them if you want to go the shipping route.

Item photos

IMG_5957 (resized).JPG
IMG_5962 (resized).JPG
IMG_5964 (resized).JPG
IMG_5933 (resized).JPG
IMG_5953 (resized).JPG
IMG_5934 (resized).JPG
IMG_5936 (resized).JPG
IMG_5938 (resized).JPG
IMG_5937 (resized).JPG
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
IMG_5941 (resized).JPG
IMG_5944 (resized).JPG
IMG_5943 (resized).JPG
IMG_5942 (resized).JPG
IMG_5935 (resized).JPG
IMG_5945 (resized).JPG
IMG_5946 (resized).JPG
IMG_5947 (resized).JPG
IMG_5949 (resized).JPG
IMG_5948 (resized).JPG
IMG_5926 (resized).JPG
IMG_5925 (resized).JPG
IMG_5928 (resized).JPG
IMG_5929 (resized).JPG
IMG_5931 (resized).JPG
IMG_5932 (resized).JPG
IMG_5930 (resized).JPG
IMG_5939 (resized).JPG
IMG_5977 (resized).JPG
IMG_5978 (resized).JPG
IMG_5979 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are PSUTownie's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to PSUTownie's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Bellefonte, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

#2 2 years ago

Courious what the 5v mod is on these era games? GLWTS!

#3 2 years ago

I was just about to message my buddy that has been looking for an Austin, but then I saw the cabinet and head...Geez.
What happened to that poor thing?

#4 2 years ago

from an operator who ran it hard on his route for many years

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

from an operator who ran it hard on his route for many years

Yeah, ran it hard, as it fell down a flight of stairs at least once or twice.

#6 2 years ago

Yeah its def been there and done that!

1 week later
#7 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Courious what the 5v mod is on these era games? GLWTS!

Sorry for the delay mollyspub - your question somehow got past me. The “mod” is to add an additional, and meaty, jumper/trace from the ground on BRDG21, to the ground side of the electrolytic capacitor at C203.

02E17453-C12E-412F-BEB0-CC83AD1D6B15 (resized).jpeg02E17453-C12E-412F-BEB0-CC83AD1D6B15 (resized).jpeg
#8 2 years ago
Quoted from PSUTownie:

Sorry for the delay mollyspub - your question somehow got past me. The “mod” is to add an additional, and meaty, jumper/trace from the ground on BRDG21, to the ground side of the electrolytic capacitor at C203.
[quoted image]

Thank you ! Is this a known mod or actually a hack ?

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Thank you ! Is this a known mod or actually a hack ?
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"3783da2681cf6445c000fe44a8d7449f9181fd1a-1634209109-1800"};
//]]>

Not sure what you consider the difference to be… but adding traces, where the originals are insufficient, is a pretty common mod to make on many different systems.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-stern-austin-powers-2001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.