(Topic ID: 156622)

For sale: Starship Troopers (Sega, 1997)

By sevenrites

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

526x297-0g__(resized).jpg
mrubio20jpg-26984a6a10d233a0_(resized).jpg
SEGA!_(resized).png
SST-whole-game_(resized).jpg
SST-whole-playfield_(resized).jpg
SST-targets-remaining_(resized).jpg
SST-right-cabinet_(resized).jpg
SST-right-playfield-artistic_(resized).jpg
SST-playfield-with-ball-artistic_(resized).jpg
SST-playfield-rear_(resized).jpg
SST-playfield-rear-2_(resized).jpg
SST-mid-playfield_(resized).jpg
SST-left-cabinet_(resized).jpg
SST-left-playfield-artistic_(resized).jpg
SST-inside-coin-door_(resized).jpg
SST-coin-door_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Starship Troopers (Sega, 1997)

Added: 2016-04-04 17:29:39 UTC • Ended: April 7th, 2016
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

$ 1,850 (Firm)

Price is firm

Selling a recently refurbished Starship Troopers pinball machine. Over 100 hours into removing and cleaning all parts and replacing anything necessary, LED’s throughout the game, the light show is nice.

The WhiteStar board has recently been professionally serviced, upgraded and repaired by a reputable professional in the industry to fix some corrosion and add a better battery setup.

The playfield is flawless and looks great. The cabinet is in good shape but there is a bit of wear on the sides, not terrible.

The backbox will need a new ballast installed (I have one, but didn't get it put in yet at the time of this ad) and a new bulb.

Everything else works and plays as it should, and it all feels pretty fresh and clean when you play it.

Item photos

SST-whole-game_(resized).jpg
SST-boards_(resized).jpg
SST-flipper-POV_(resized).jpg
SST-coin-door_(resized).jpg
SST-inside-coin-door_(resized).jpg
SST-left-playfield-artistic_(resized).jpg
SST-left-cabinet_(resized).jpg
SST-mid-playfield_(resized).jpg
SST-playfield-rear-2_(resized).jpg
SST-playfield-rear_(resized).jpg
SST-playfield-with-ball-artistic_(resized).jpg
SST-right-playfield-artistic_(resized).jpg
SST-right-cabinet_(resized).jpg
SST-targets-remaining_(resized).jpg
SST-whole-playfield_(resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Seller insights

These are sevenrites's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to sevenrites's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

New Buffalo, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

#2 8 years ago

Man, very tempted...

------------------------------
www.lermods.com

#3 8 years ago

Smokin deal... whole lotta game for a very low price here... SST has similar ruleset to Medieval, only better risk-reward and more gore. All at 1/4 the price!

#5 8 years ago

Priced right. It'll sell!

#6 8 years ago

I really hate to even sell this one, it's fun and I don't think I've beaten it yet, only made it to Klendatu 2-3 times but I lost the multi ball before defeating all the targets.

But I have my eye on another Sega title to go in its place and I can't keep everything, as bad as I want to. Hoping to pass a decent deal on to someone who doesn't mind doing the ballast install (it's included) or I could even do that if need be, it won't be a deal breaker at the listed price - it just requires that I move my other games out of the way, wait for the solder gun to warm up and I have to stand on a stool to reach it. Plus it needs instruction cards. I had a nice set picked out, just didn't print them yet.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

#7 8 years ago

Op, your cab is not great, it is planked on the right side. Might be on the left as well but cannot be sure with the lighting.

#8 8 years ago

Yeah, I agree, I think the cabinet is in good shape but not great. You can see a tiny bit of planking on the right hand side, the left side doesn't really have much if any at all. Sorry I couldn't get beside it better with the camera. I'm out of room!

#9 8 years ago

Good looking game and priced right. It should sell no problem. What other sega game where you thinking of replacing it with ? ID4, BF, Apollo 13...all great games. GLWTS

#10 8 years ago

Hey modfather - always liked your nickname on here & thank you for your feedback. There's an X-Files close by I'd like to get my hands on, I'm anxious to see how I can make it look with a nice LED blend. ID4, BF, A13 would also be nice choices in my opinion. Whatever it is has to be a Sega so I can keep the lineup a bit more diversified. SST is the only one I have at the moment Sega-wise and it's been great.

#11 8 years ago

Oh man... you're going from the BEST Sega ever made, to likely their WORST game ever. No kidding... X-files is a pile of crap. LEDs won't make that turd play any better. Don't do it!

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

you're going from the BEST Sega ever made, to likely their WORST game ever.

I suspected as much about X-Files and I do love SST... I can have the X-Files for around $1500. Hmm... To pull the ad or not to pull the ad... I don't really need to sell it. Maybe I should just hang onto it...

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Baywatch is the best!

I always wanted some time on Baywatch - the theme is slightly cheesy to me but the layout and shots / ramps seem awesome. I've only played that one a few times.

#15 8 years ago

It really is an awesome game, theme isn't even so bad once you get used to it, I mean a video mode with girls in bathing suits racing on a beach...what could be better. Seriously though, the game is crazy hard with a ton of shots and modes.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I suspected as much about X-Files and I do love SST... I can have the X-Files for around $1500. Hmm... To pull the ad or not to pull the ad... I don't really need to sell it. Maybe I should just hang onto it...

Baywatch is OK, but SST has more action and doesn't lock you into modes like BW does.

Sevenrites: Can't paste the search URL, so will just paste the results, mostly sorted by rating.... FWIW, BF is pretty good, but I'd still take SST over it

SEGA!_(resized).pngSEGA!_(resized).png

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Op, your cab is not great, it is planked on the right side. Might be on the left as well but cannot be sure with the lighting.

Do you play pinball on the cab, or the playfield?
For the A-, B+ games - especially when priced right, this is really a non issue.

Nobody has said it yet, so I will - what the hell.
Wish I was closer, as do 134 others, I'm guessing.
Good luck with sale-
I'll get my annual time in on the one at PAPA.

Quoted from metallik:

Oh man... you're going from the BEST Sega ever made, to likely their WORST game ever. No kidding... X-files is a pile of crap. LEDs won't make that turd play any better. Don't do it!

This guy is 100% correct.
Space Jam is a better game, and that says alot.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

so will just paste the results, mostly sorted by rating

Man, thanks for that! Good info! I think I'd definitely rather have Batman over X-Files.

Quoted from ejg10532626:

For the A-, B+ games - especially when priced right, this is really a non issue.

I couldn't agree more and also consider it a non-issue - thanks for your support & feedback. It's not like I tried to claim the cabinet was in great shape or collector quality. I'm trying to be completely forthcoming with the pics & etc. and I thought the price reflected the cabinet imperfections a little as well.

I'm starting to have seller's remorse already. Even my wife said "why are you selling that one" and "you don't have to". But I thought I wanted to mix things up a bit.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Nobody has said it yet, so I will - what the hell.
Wish I was closer, as do 134 others, I'm guessing.
Good luck with sale-
I'll get my annual time in on the one at PAPA.

This guy is 100% correct.
Space Jam is a better game, and that says alot.

All my machines have been routed. POTC has scrapes and lock down bar holes. I have spent a fair amount of time derusting my SF2 cab lately. IE none of my games are CQ.

Op said the game has a good cab. The pictures show planking. That is really hard to catch in pictures and many will miss it until they are there in person. I just spent yesterday undoing a trade where the owner failed to notice the entire cabinet was planked (along with other major issues) and I could not tell from the pics. If someone feels the price is right and buys it great, but they should be told the actual condition of the machine before they potentially make a 5 hour drive.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

The pictures show planking. That is really hard to catch in pictures and many will miss it until they are there in person.

You have not seen many SST cabs... MOST have what you are calling planking/ It is pretty obvious in the photos to anyone looking and the seller says "The cabinet is in good shape but there is a bit of wear on the sides, not terrible. "

This one in particular has normal flipper button wear for a well played game and minor cab 'planking'. Either way, given the price and value of a full shop out with well done LEDs, this is a great game at a solid price!

#21 8 years ago

Woohoo, sale pending, pickup tomorrow by noon! Thanks everyone for your interest, support, guidance, feedback & etc. I had it listed on another site and found a buyer there.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Woohoo, sale pending! Thanks everyone for your interest, support, guidance, feedback & etc. I had it listed on another site and found a buyer there.

Congrats to both parties. This game is so much fun.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You have not seen many SST cabs... MOST have what you are calling planking/ It is pretty obvious in the photos to anyone looking and the seller says "The cabinet is in good shape but there is a bit of wear on the sides, not terrible. "
This one in particular has normal flipper button wear for a well played game and minor cab 'planking'. Either way, given the price and value of a full shop out with well done LEDs, this is a great game at a solid price!

Obvious to you, a guy who owns 31 machines and has been around awhile. It is not obvious to the guy who might have 1 machine. Gotta step back and look at things from the perspective of someone who doesn't know what they are looking at rather than a seasoned collector.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Obvious to you, a guy who owns 31 machines and has been around awhile. It is not obvious to the guy who might have 1 machine. Gotta step back and look at things from the perspective of someone who doesn't know what they are looking at rather than a seasoned collector.

it is a mott point at this stage since the game is sold, but I was just pointing out that the seller was up front about the condition of the cab. "The cabinet is in good shape but there is a bit of wear on the sides, not terrible. " pretty much described it spot on and even a noob buyer should then be looking at the photos with more attention to detail before making a drive to see it in person.

#25 8 years ago

The fact there was good pictures makes this argument pretty moot. Good pictures always override descriptions... best way to sell something outside of doing it in person.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

it is a mott point at this stage since the game is sold, but I was just pointing out that the seller was up front about the condition of the cab. "The cabinet is in good shape but there is a bit of wear on the sides, not terrible. " pretty much described it spot on and even a noob buyer should then be looking at the photos with more attention to detail before making a drive to see it in person.

mrubio20jpg-26984a6a10d233a0_(resized).jpgmrubio20jpg-26984a6a10d233a0_(resized).jpg

#27 8 years ago

"Who get's the car? I get the car? The question is mott!"

526x297-0g__(resized).jpg526x297-0g__(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-starship-troopers-sega-1997-2002 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.