New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 192878)

For sale: Star Wars Pro Edition Discounted Show Special

By surfsidedetail

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinnyheadhead
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 31 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1992 (resized).JPG
IMG_1960 (resized).JPG
IMG_1935 (resized).JPG
IMG_1931 (resized).JPG
IMG_1924 (resized).JPG
IMG_1925 (resized).JPG
IMG_1923 (resized).JPG
IMG_1972 (resized).JPG
IMG_1885 (resized).JPG
IMG_1941 (resized).JPG
IMG_1987 (resized).JPG
IMG_1948 (resized).JPG
IMG_1944 (resized).JPG
IMG_1913 (resized).JPG
IMG_1908 (resized).JPG
IMG_1906 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 5,000

for sale

For sale: Star Wars Pro Edition Discounted Show Special

Added: July 6th, 2017 Ended: July 27th, 2017
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Item description

Selling 11 discounted show used Stern Star Wars Pros.

We will unbox these brand new games to be be used at the pop up arcade at San Diego Comic Con.

Be one of the first to get a Star Wars Pro. You can pick up directly from San Diego after the show ends on Sunday 7/23 @ 4pm or we will ship nationwide

$5000 local pickup

$5250 shipped nationwide

Item photos

IMG_1455 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Fullerton, CA, US

Seller insights

These are surfsidedetail's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to surfsidedetail's stats page

#4 3 years ago

Wow, 11, get 11 pms yet?

#5 3 years ago

Working on it. I'll have a show discounted Aerosmith LE and a Batman 66 as well

#6 3 years ago

Thanks, these should go fast.
Im holding out for prem.

#7 3 years ago

Can you send me pics of all 11 of them?

I mean I'm not sure I want one, but it would have to be the right one.

#8 3 years ago

Start all over again o-din with another Batman 66 I'll have available

#9 3 years ago

Can I get them both for list price?

Better yet, do you have any modern games available? I think I already have enough relics from the 60s and 70s around here.

#10 3 years ago

A picture of all 11 lined up would be awesome evan.
O-din...my bet star wars only in collection 90 days. Then back to tbe classics.

#12 3 years ago

And Stern (and their other distributors) are okay with you publicly advertising this?

These specials are generally kept on the down low, no?

Maybe this isn't that special, I haven't kept track of street prices, what are these going for?

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

And Stern (and their other distributors) are okay with you publicly advertising this?
These specials are generally kept on the down low, no?

These will be used games after the show. Stern has no say in the price of a used game.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

These will be used games after the show. Stern has no say in the price of a used game.

Seems unlikely, how do you know what's going on between this distributor and Stern?

Usually Stern supports these specials and treats the sale the same as a new machine...

#15 3 years ago

These will be used games after the show so they are priced accordingly. Im here to provide Pinside members first shot at these.

Thank you

#16 3 years ago

Do these get the new warranty from Stern?

#17 3 years ago

Are they covered by the Stern Warranties?

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from surfsidedetail:

These will be used games after the show so they are priced accordingly. Im here to provide Pinside members first shot at these.
Thank you

And as a fellow Pinsider, I thank you for offering these to Pinsde.

Marcus

#19 3 years ago

Yes I will take care of any warranty claims

#20 3 years ago

Sounds like new street price is $5400, so this sounds about right for lightly used...

Let's see if the post / pricing details disappear once these are gone... I'm curious how special of a deal this is...

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Sounds like new street price is $5400, so this sounds about right for lightly used...
Let's see if the post / pricing details disappear once these are gone... I'm curious how special of a deal this is...

Thank you for your approval. Once these are gone then the discounted price is gone too.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from surfsidedetail:

Once these are gone then the discounted price is gone too.

Obviously... I was referring to whether the ad details would stay around.

Still a good deal for those who can grab one locally... and nice that someone is showing a bunch of these... wish there was one around here to try!

Free bumps for you...

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

False. Distributors must get approval from Stern to offer a show discount. I'm surprised to see it publicly posted here.

#24 3 years ago

Not a show discount really is it? I would think a discount would be buying a new machine during the show and getting it for a better price.
These are used pros that will have more plays on them than I get in year or more on any of my machines!

#25 3 years ago

This sounds like an awesome deal if it was closer I would probably jump on it. I wish I was surprised that people are bitching about it, this place has way too many grumpy bastards.

#26 3 years ago

there is nothing wrong with saving 300-400$ and getting a machine that is proven...with probably only 500-1000 gameplays on them.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Not a show discount really is it? I would think a discount would be buying a new machine during the show and getting it for a better price.
These are used pros that will have more plays on them than I get in year or more on any of my machines!

For reference, my Metallica that was used the first year in TPF had about 600 plays on it.

It's now been in the TPF tournament area two times and I don't give two poops that it's had all those plays. These types of deals usually go 'behind the curtain' to local collectors without any public mention...stop being a bunch of ungrateful turds. The shows and the collector community benefit greatly from these kinds of arrangements, let's keep supporting them, not crapping on them!

#28 3 years ago

That would be cool to see a picture of all 11 lined up and being played.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

You can't get a discount on a NIB Stern. The discount is only for pins opened at the show and used for demo. And it must be approved by Stern. That's how it was explained to me by two different distributors. This is the only way left to save a few bucks on a new Stern.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

You can't get a discount on a NIB Stern. The discount is only for pins opened at the show and used for demo. And it must be approved by Stern. That's how it was explained to me by two different distributors. This is the only way left to save a few bucks on a new Stern.

Once again, these are not NIB games. These are used games. Stern may try to scare a distributor by telling them not to make these kind of deals public, but the distributor does not need Stern's permission to offer up slightly used games at shows. A distributor may seek Stern's approval to avoid any potential bad blood between Stern and the distributor, but there is no requirement. Stern cannot stop a distributor from offering these type of deals. But I will admit, there could be consequences for doing so, such as Stern revoking distribution rights or something similar. But in my personal experience, it is normally a strongly worded telephone call from Stern and no more.

Marcus

#31 3 years ago

Price for Bat 66 Premium ?

#32 3 years ago

I think Stern works with Distributors who are going to a show. Seems like they have to work with them on getting them the right number of games on time for the show, like 11 SW. They may work with them on pricing because Stern knows that thousands of folks will give the game a try and order them from the vendor at the booth or elsewhere. Stern pays nothing to have a vendor run the booth for the show, so I bet they work with them a little on price and Stern at least knows that probably 11 will sell.

I have a SMVE that was a show special and loved the deal. If your game has a problem at the show it will be takes care of. So yeah if you are semi local and want a discount to get a SW pretty early on then go for it.

#33 3 years ago

Location of "pop up arcade?" Do I need to have a comic con pass to play? Thanks

#34 3 years ago

Marriott next to the convention center

I don't know if you need a pass or credentials

Thank you
Evan

#39 3 years ago

I definetly want one ...ive bought from Evan before , he is a great guy.....pm sent

#40 3 years ago

Thanks Danny I just left you a message

#41 3 years ago

All messages replied still have a few left

#42 3 years ago

Games have arrived

IMG_1582 (resized).JPG

#43 3 years ago

burns-excellent (resized).png

#44 3 years ago

Good deal for locals on what looks to be a fun game. Just sad though that we are saying $5K on a used pro is a good deal these days.

I got my ST Pro like this at TPF and couldn't have been happier. Got all the bugs worked out of it at the show and it was a strong machine for the couple of years I kept it.

#46 3 years ago

Why isnt Stern at D-23 this weekend?

#47 3 years ago

I'm interested. PM sent.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Just sad though that we are saying $5K on a used pro is a good deal these days.

It's just an okay deal based on new price and lightly used: if it was a good deal, these would have went way faster.

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside