(Topic ID: 293318)

For sale: Star Wars Comic Art (Premium) One of a Kind!

By 1958Pinhead

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 318 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by phantasmo
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sheev (resized).jpg
7DF54928-1CB7-42C6-983C-7D7236E87E68 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
68DF9F14-98F8-44F5-9C2E-9FCE64A49E74 (resized).jpeg
computer-enhance-what-in-spocks-name-is-this- (resized).jpg
20210517_064320 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
C6619607-9C5A-4C27-A390-A9A0AB4681B3 (resized).jpeg
16212072894442913726370080978970 (resized).jpg
28 (resized).jpg
EF054EE7-C074-4088-A900-E81EDE40353B (resized).jpeg
Droid_Restraining_Bolt (resized).png
could-should.jpg
5B25C951-28D1-4697-95AF-DEB320BC7622 (resized).jpeg
dd0 (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 318 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 2 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

Hey everyone, The seller FaceTime 'd me with his pin earlier today. He's a actually a cunt

Why is it that those with British / English / Aussie accents can sound funny using the c-word (see I'm an American so I can't say it) when everyone else just sounds incredibly vulgur? The chararacter Billy on "The Boys" is a great example of this and uses the word like mayonaise!

#252 2 years ago

Not much more I can add except that I'd pay at most $7500 given how much needs to be done to un-F this poor machine.
This is a case study in "how to keep a pin for the rest of your life."

could-should.jpgcould-should.jpg
#253 2 years ago

It's rare for a 2 year old game to need a complete restoration but here we are.
I mean, let's break down the work needed to fix this mess.

- Replace or restore legs
- Replace or restore coin door
- Replace or restore armor
- Replace or restore lockbar, tossing that button surround in the trash
- Replace or restore wireforms
- Remove those "spray lights" from the back
- Remove pinstadiums
- Remove lightsaber
- Remove trough light
- Remove speaker lights
- Remove speaker light badges
- Replace original translite
- Remove lit shooter surround
- Replace original shooter
- All new set of Titans to get rid of crayola
- Remove colored plastic protectors
- Remove flipper toppers
- Replace flipper buttons
- Remove hinge stickers
- Remove what looks like 6-12 superfluous plastic mods (do we need TWO falcons? or 3 lightsabers?)

Did I miss anything?

On the plus side, it probably has under 200 plays...I doubt he had time to flip it with all the destruction he was doing.

#254 2 years ago

Hey everyone, The seller FaceTime 'd me with his pin earlier today. He's a actually a cunt

Guy must have multiple personalities, if the last time he FaceTimed he was a good guy and we should lay off him. Lol

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

How about no powder coat? Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Not everything needs to be coloured.

I've thought about sanding down my metal on Munsters to match the wire forms

#256 2 years ago

I started looking into what it would take to fix this abomination.
It looks like replacement rather than restoration is the path of least resistance.

Coin door - $159 https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-coin-door-for-spike-system-machines-with-4-button-service-assembly-wiring-harness.html
Legs - $54.95 https://www.pinballlife.com/sternsega-black-legs-set-of-4.html
Lockdown bar $99.95 https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-dual-latch-lockdown-bar-with-actionfire-cutout.html
Side Rails - $29/ea: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-7297-02
Speaker panel (maybe original is salvagable, but in case those badges left marks): $159 https://www.pinballlife.com/backbox-displayspeaker-panel-for-stern-spike-2-system-machines.html
Shooter assembly - $33.99: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6146-00-04

The unknowns here are the wireforms. All those would need replacement, unless stripping/chroming is feasible.
I wonder if Stern stocks them?

The rest of the stuff is just added parts that can be removed.

OP, if you want to sell for $7500 hit me up as I'd be happy to restore this machine. You can remove/keep/resell all the parts I listed a few posts above.

#257 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I was talking about the wrinkles.

I know. My point was, the rest of the game looks terrible...as do the wrinkled lighted hinges...so it all works itself out in this case.

#258 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Why is it that those with British / English / Aussie accents can sound funny using the c-word (see I'm an American so I can't say it) when everyone else just sounds incredibly vulgur? The chararacter Billy on "The Boys" is a great example of this and uses the word like mayonaise!

Haha, I worked with a guy from America a while back, his highlight of being in Australia was asking a random people "how's it going c#nt?" and getting "Yeah, good thanks mate" as a reply. Ha.

#259 2 years ago

I'm never selling mine.

#260 2 years ago

Like many others, I'm still trying to figure out the colored circles on the legs (and the big rectangle one on the back blue leg). In looking closer, they are on both front and back legs and they aren't even symmetrical/placed in the same position on each leg. I don't know if the idea is to prevent you from bumping into the leg bolts or something else, but I would like to know their intended purpose.

#261 2 years ago

Seriously though, WHAT THE FUCK ARE THOSE THINGS ON THE LEGS?

been asking since start of thread, no one has answer. Wish OP would chime in and let us know.

#262 2 years ago

I think they’re buttons that change the color of the legs.

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm never selling mine.

The kiss of death!

#264 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I think they’re buttons that change the color of the legs.

They're nicotine patches for the legs.

#265 2 years ago

Just reached 113 down votes.

#266 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Just reached 113 down votes.

That's $110.62 per down vote. He would have done better if he hadn't lowered his price

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Like many others, I'm still trying to figure out the colored circles on the legs (and the big rectangle one on the back blue leg). In looking closer, they are on both front and back legs and they aren't even symmetrical/placed in the same position on each leg. I don't know if the idea is to prevent you from bumping into the leg bolts or something else, but I would like to know their intended purpose.

Been thinking, are those foam pads that came with the legs to protect them during shipping?

#268 2 years ago

when stormtroopers and rainbow brite were both owned by disney and made a machine.

#269 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Been thinking, are those foam pads that came with the legs to protect them during shipping?

...and the powder coat guy didn’t know to take em off - HA! Makes sense. Yep, let’s charge extra for that.

#270 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Restraining bolts were small, cylindrical devices that could be affixed to a droid in order to limit its functions and enforce its obedience. When inserted, a restraining bolt restricted the droid from any movement its master did not desire, and also forced it to respond to signals produced by a hand-held control unit.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Restraining_bolt

Droid_Restraining_Bolt (resized).pngDroid_Restraining_Bolt (resized).png
#271 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:Been thinking, are those foam pads that came with the legs to protect them during shipping?

Where's the op to answer these questions? He had no problem getting hostile with Damonator in his PM.

#272 2 years ago
EF054EE7-C074-4088-A900-E81EDE40353B (resized).jpegEF054EE7-C074-4088-A900-E81EDE40353B (resized).jpeg
#273 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

This post and the replies reminds me of that scene in the movie "Dazed & Confused" where the sister tells the seniors with the paddles to take it easy on her brother, Mitch Kramer.

You can't hide forever, Mitch.
28 (resized).jpg28 (resized).jpg

#274 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Restraining bolts were small, cylindrical devices that could be affixed to a droid in order to limit its functions and enforce its obedience. When inserted, a restraining bolt restricted the droid from any movement its master did not desire, and also forced it to respond to signals produced by a hand-held control unit.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Restraining_bolt[quoted image]

This is what a restraining bolt looks like. Those are the new square and circle skittles.

16212072894442913726370080978970 (resized).jpg16212072894442913726370080978970 (resized).jpg
#275 2 years ago

C6619607-9C5A-4C27-A390-A9A0AB4681B3 (resized).jpegC6619607-9C5A-4C27-A390-A9A0AB4681B3 (resized).jpeg

#276 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

[quoted image]

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#277 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Worst pinside ad ever?

Obviously

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

After calling for ehance, i think they are whiteboard magnets!

20210517_064320 (resized).jpg20210517_064320 (resized).jpgcomputer-enhance-what-in-spocks-name-is-this- (resized).jpgcomputer-enhance-what-in-spocks-name-is-this- (resized).jpg

#279 2 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

After calling for ehance, i think they are whiteboard magnets!
[quoted image][quoted image]

That would make it easier to apply temporary mods to the legs.

#280 2 years ago

Price dropped again boys, who's jumping on this?

#281 2 years ago

Don't click this link.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-premium-apron-cards-1#post-5488505

Quoted from attyrhodes:

It's going to move now. Now it's like you'll be saving 1k.

#282 2 years ago

Imamaculate (you know you can get more money when you take a pic of your game in the street)

68DF9F14-98F8-44F5-9C2E-9FCE64A49E74 (resized).jpeg68DF9F14-98F8-44F5-9C2E-9FCE64A49E74 (resized).jpeg
#283 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Keep dropping.

What OP doesn't realize is all that extra crap he did made the game substantially less desirable.

A "vanilla" SWCA Premium would have probably already sold.

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Imamaculate
[quoted image]

That looks a$$ backwards @coz. Must be photo. What you trading that for
The Mandalorian pro.

#285 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Imamaculate (you know you can get more money when you take a pic of your game in the street)[quoted image]

You beat me to it. Haha

#286 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Imamaculate (you know you can get more money when you take a pic of your game in the street)[quoted image]

I like how they ran the extension chord out to the street to plug it in.

Also, perfect height for playing while you sit on the curb.

#287 2 years ago

Hopefully the price drops low enough that someone actually buys it, doesn't change a thing, and brings it to shows for all to see in person.

#288 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Hopefully the price drops low enough that someone actually buys it, doesn't change a thing, and brings it to shows for all to see in person.

If it hits $7500 I am buying it to undo all of that crap. I kinda miss my SWPro anyway.

#290 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If it hits $7500 I am buying it to undo all of that crap. I kinda miss my SWPro anyway.

I’m pretty sure the first time you mentioned you’d buy it for 7500 the OP wanted to tell you to F off but by the third time there’s no telling what Obscenities he is using before he tells you to F off. There’s no way the OP is letting it go for 7500 just saying

#291 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I’m pretty sure the first time you mentioned you’d buy it for 7500 the OP wanted to tell you to F off but by the third time there’s no telling what Obscenities he is using before he tells you to F off. There’s no way the OP is letting it go for 7500 just saying

We'll see how long it sits

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

We'll see how long it sits

Being he’s dropped it $3500 in five days, I would say five more days at this rate

#293 2 years ago

This poor guy had no idea what he was getting into putting this game for sale on Pinside.

#294 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#295 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Yeah, you know, like in a cage, with signage talking about "DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!!!!!!!"

#296 2 years ago
7DF54928-1CB7-42C6-983C-7D7236E87E68 (resized).jpeg7DF54928-1CB7-42C6-983C-7D7236E87E68 (resized).jpeg
#297 2 years ago

This pin was The Pinball Show’s “Deal of the WTF??”

Hilarious description.

Gotta be honest. I’m actually starting to think its uniqueness is worth the coin!

#298 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I actually think $7500 is a little high given the parts and work I'll need to do. I think I'd go $7000.

#299 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Being he’s dropped it $3500 in five days, I would say five more days at this rate

10K by Christmas?

#300 2 years ago

This poor machine! hah What a waste of a Comic Art Premium! It's almost unrecognizable, which is sad cause it's a beautiful game stock.

Seems like a rave party under glass ounccee ounncceee 'waves glow sticks around'!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 318 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-star-wars-comic-art-premium-5/page/6?hl=jamesmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.