8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for trade

For sale: Star Trek (Bally, 1978)

Added: 2016-01-23 06:33:38 UTC • Ended: January 24th, 2016
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

Trade
Listed at $ 5,000

This is a restored game.
New playfield and many new parts

Would trade for Metallica

Item photos

image_(resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are lmcdonald111's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to lmcdonald111's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Grandview, MO, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

#3 8 years ago

I hate to burst your bubble, but this title tends to languish when it carries a price tag of $1k+.

What type of restore is it? High-end restore or shop job? What exactly has been done to it? Do you have high-res photos available?

Are you looking for a straight trade, or do you plan on adding cash?

#4 8 years ago

Thanks

No bubbles burst
New Playfield
New Backglass
New stencil job
Polish metal pieces
New plastics

This is for trade only.
The system forces a price
Yes I have plenty of pictures which I will supply to a person who seriously wants to trade.

I'm only interested in the person that has a Metallica to Trade.

If that person isn't here I'm perfectly happy to keep the machine.

#5 8 years ago

Metallica is a fun game. GLWT

#6 8 years ago

I have a restored one of these as well, with an original prototype backglass just restored. If this fetches interest in a trade for a game like metallica, count me in as a competing seller.

#7 8 years ago

Looks really nice!
As a huge Star Trek fan and Metallica pin owner, I think you'd have a hard time finding someone who will trade a Metallica for this. Maybe if it was a HEP restoration.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from lmcdonald111:

Thanks
No bubbles burst
New Playfield
New Backglass
New stencil job
Polish metal pieces
New plastics
This is for trade only.
The system forces a price
Yes I have plenty of pictures which I will supply to a person who seriously wants to trade.
I'm only interested in the person that has a Metallica to Trade.
If that person isn't here I'm perfectly happy to keep the machine.

Don't mean to be rude...but, seriously..
You wouldn't get a Metallica for 3 of these.

All the upgrading in the world does not make an OK game great.
Pinball just doesn't work that way, and neither do Pinsiders.
Does look nice though.

#10 8 years ago

Thank you.
As I said I don't care about the negative opinions.

I have sold a dozen pins over the price pinsider police think is right. .....To pinside buyers

If you don't like the price or trade that's fine , that means you aren't the target market.

Don't loose sleep over this.

And thank you to the 2 Metallica owners who contacted me already.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from lmcdonald111:

Thank you.
As I said I don't care about the negative opinions.
I have sold a dozen pins over the price pinsider police think is right. .....To pinside buyers
If you don't like the price or trade that's fine , that means you aren't the target market.
Don't loose sleep over this.
And thank you to the 2 Metallica owners who contacted me already.

I call B.S. but if you really have 2 metallica owners who contacted you, tell the other one to contact me.. I'll give them a plus cash deal

#12 8 years ago

there are also more people that can restore well. some people choose to only restore their own games.

Quoted from JonH123:

Looks really nice!
As a huge Star Trek fan and Metallica pin owner, I think you'd have a hard time finding someone who will trade a Metallica for this. Maybe if it was a HEP restoration.

#13 8 years ago

So you want to insult me and have me help you?

Wow you live in a crazy world.

#14 8 years ago

Knockerlover,do you get the idea???Good luck!!Peace!!

#15 8 years ago

Maybe I'll play devil's advocate here....I don't think I ever saw him post that it was meant to be a straight up trade? Perhaps it's Star Trek plus cash?

#16 8 years ago

I just finished up a high end restore on a Bally Star trek. Even if the OP's ST was for sale at 5K, I don't think he's out of line. Just the board set and displays run $700 or so. PF, plastics and back glass another $1000. Then you have all the mechanical parts. Drop targets, new bumper bodies, lamp sockets, bulbs, the list goes on. Chrome if he did any, which is super expensive. You can easily spend $3500 for everything to do a nice restore. Plus the cost of the game itself.

I go a little further with rebuilding the cab, new floor and replating mostly all of the metal parts for the cab and pf. Re-pinning all connectors and rehabbing the coin door. If I got $5K for mine, I might just break even.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I just finished up a high end restore on a Bally Star trek. Even if the OP's ST was for sale at 5K, I don't think he's out of line. Just the board set and displays run $700 or so. PF, plastics and back glass another $1000. Then you have all the mechanical parts. Drop targets, new bumper bodies, lamp sockets, bulbs, the list goes on. Chrome if he did any, which is super expensive. You can easily spend $3500 for everything to do a nice restore. Plus the cost of the game itself.
I go a little further with rebuilding the cab, new floor and replating mostly all of the metal parts for the cab and pf. Re-pinning all connectors and rehabbing the coin door. If I got $5K for mine, I might just break even.

People never understand how much work goes into a restore. If this was posted by hep or Kelly, there would have been no flak at all.And it possibly would have been more.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

People never understand how much work goes into a restore. If this was posted by hep or Kelly, there would have been no flak at all.And it possibly would have been more.

For most in the hobby that do restores, it's labor of love. HEP and Kelly do amazing work so the cost is justified IMO.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Same here, but we can't pretend that the money we put into them is what they are worth in resale.

#20 8 years ago

I think everyone is entitled to an opinion.
However it's a fact that negatudes keep people from posting.

I'm glad private message and email exist so people don't have to expose themselves to a barrage of criticism

If I didn't enjoy bring them back from the dead I'd look for a completely restored one. Price is not an object , what I want in my collection is.

#21 8 years ago

There is no "target market" for a $5,000 Star Trek. It doesn't exist.

#22 8 years ago

Yes,all you say about restoration is true,BUT,you can't make a steak out of hamburger,! Thats why if you do all that work,its a labor of love for a pin you want to keep forever! Even a nib Bally ST,still wouldn't be what your DREAMING about,sorry!

#23 8 years ago

NUFF SAID

#24 8 years ago

Interesting that there is no market.
Just keep selling your stuff cheap and expecting restorers to sell them to you at under thier cost

I continue to laugh at nonsense.
I have been told crap like that here forever.

I have sold every machine for what I wanted so yes the market exists it just not you.

By the way it's sold

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-star-trek-bally-1978-1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.