IMG_7603 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7602 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7601 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6688 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6687 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6686 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6684 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6662 (resized).JPEG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Star Gazer

Added: 2021-04-30 12:21:21 UTC • Ended: May 17th, 2021
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 9,500 (OBO)

Price is firm
Open for offers

Flavor of the week? Perhaps. Flavor of the month? Probably. Flavor forever? DEFINITELY! So after watching the market go crazy for Star Gazer this week, and with the possibility of a little tsskinne on the way make me sell this game.
The Good: It is a Star Gazer.
The Excellent: It is a HUO Star Gazer. Follow up question, how do I know it is a HUO Star Gazer? What proof do I have? I built the fucking game in my house with my own hands, shedding tears, blood, and sweat! No but seriously I assembled this game entirely over the past year. It has not left my house, unless you consider my garage to be not part of my house in which case this game is H&GUO *(house and garage use only). My garage is attached to my house so I consider them the same dwelling and thus HUO.
The Bad: My name is not Christopher Hutchins. Seriously though, making pinball machines immaculate works of art is that dude's job and profession. This is my hobby and passion and I love this game and have always wanted one but since the world has gone mad make me sell it to you, so I can start to clear out my kitchen and my spare pinball room so I can eventually add a crib because according to my girlfriend empty pinball cabinets are not appropriate places to let a kid sleep. Yes I know I should be questioning everything about this relationship but we are past that point.

What is New: EVERYTHING!
-Playfield - Greatwich clearcoated by Mr. Ron Pennington of TPF award winning restoration fame.
-Plastics - CPR
-Backglass - Greatwich
-Wire Harness - Shawn at Third Coast Pinball (every single piece of wire in the game is new, head harness, playfield harness, cabinet harness, coin door harness, ground wires.
-Coin door decals - Phoenix Arcade
-Cabinet Stencils - Pinball Pimp
-Cabinet Paint - Rustoleum Metallic Cobalt Blue and Bright White - the cabinet looks traditional from a distance but up close and with the light hitting it just right you get a magnificinet metallic shimmer. It is hard to accurately capture in photos but I did my best. I also have some video of it as well.
-Cabinet Clearcoated - Yep, I even did the crazy clearcoating your cabinet thing even though it is unecessary using Spray Max2k.
-Light Board - brand fucking new
-Boards - MPU, SDB, Sound, Light, Rectifier...yep you guessed it new! All from Andrew Splitter Nvram.weebly website/boards, he is a hero and a saint.
-Displays - Pinitech Uno Displays - White with yellow filters. You don't like the yellow? Great, change it! This will take you approximately 5 seconds.
-Flipper mechs - yup entirely new
-Pop bumpers - seriously all brand new
-Spinners - not shitting you I imported three spinners from Germany to match the exact specs of classic Stern Electronics spinners, and yes they were brand new! How did I do this? I got a guy, don't ask to many questions. His name is Klaus and he is not to be fucked with. Decals on spinners are from Marco Specialties.
-Star Post - All brand new! They are clear. I'm aware they should be a dark blue on original games, but guess what this isn't an original game it is entirely brand new. The clear star posts allow for a lot more light to shine on the game. I like the look of it. If you don't, well you are welcome to your poor taste. Also, if you are willing to pay this price and you really want blue posts for some weird reason I will legit install them for you, although I will lose some respect for you.
-Rubbers - Titan clear, except the flippers, we keep those traditional red rubber because we aren't savages.
-Chrome 6-32 post nuts.
-Metal ball guides - Mantis
-LEDS - Comet
-Speaker - Amazon
-Assorted screws and nuts and t-nutz - new
-Drop Targets - New - Pinball Resource
-Legs - brand new from Pinball Life
-Cabinet corner protectors - Pinball Life
-Cabinet corner leg brackets - Pinball Life
-Cabinet - side armor - Pinball Life
-Playfield Wood Rails - Reese Rails
-Flipper Buttons - Zitt
-Flipper switches - Pinball Life
-Stand up switches - Pinball Life (12)
-Stand up targets - Bob Languilas (spelling, great exact original reproductions)
-Playfield Glass - Glass Store

Okay so my description is too long according to pinside so I'm putting the full thing on a document and linking it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQx9kNJKmJAMA_4KslD0an9VAPtch_cB6H_mnO-ZeSZ9t5IysQNPLZ7nQdmKiVzK0Y34Kwz9wNBx-9O/pub

Item photos

IMG_6381 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6661 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6686 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6688 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6689 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6690 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6693 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6698 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6826 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7197 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7581 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7590 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7592 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7593 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7594 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7595 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7597 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7599 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7600 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7601 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7602 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7603 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7604 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7605 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7606 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7607 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7608 (resized).JPEG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Tsskinne's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Tsskinne's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Lafayette, IN, US

#2 2 years ago

Okay so since my descrption was too long here is some more of it.

Original Stuff!:
- Coin Door - I have repainted this using Rustoleum Hammered Paint - it looks spectacular
- Drop Target Mechs - These particular mechs came from a Big Game - They are stern originals and were cleaned up.
- 1 spinner switch, I had one original that was nice and it was used
- Apron - was repainted to match cabinet paint, and came from Stern Pinball.
- Cabinet - Was originally a Stern Pinball - was sanded, resurfaced, sanded, painted, etc etc etc...painted. It looks really nice. Not Perfect. I am not perfect. You are not perfect. Pinball cabinets should not always be perfect. I did not touch the back of the machine. Why? Becuase no one is going to see it I imagine. I painted it, but I did not concern myself wiht any scratches or nicks on the back of the machine. I did put new plastic bumpers/feet/whatever you call them on the back so if you break the machine down and set it on end the back should never actually touch the ground.
- Out lane switches - These are also from the stern Big Game.
- Spinner brackets - These are from Big Game and a random one I don't know the original source for. All tumbled and polished.
- Trough and trough kicker - From Stern Pinball
-Wire Ball guides - I actually was able to source these from a variety of playfields that I have parted out over the years.
-Lock down bar and receiver

#3 2 years ago

and the rest...

So in conclusion you are basically buying a brand new Star Gazer. I have put roughly 200 games on it since I finished it 6 weeks ago. I have witnesses who have played the game in person, check with jdoz2 and Gov as they are the most recent to partake in the beauty and majesty that is this HUO Star Gazer. Do I want to sell this? No. Will I take this silly and absurd amount of money for it? Yes. Will I regret selling this to you? YES! Will Alyssa be happy about it? Yes. Will I take more pictures for you? Of course. I'm basically just going off of what I have on my phone at the moment. You want me to take a video of it playing? Gladly, the game is fast and brutal and a good game lasts only a couple of minutes so why not. Also it is running the modified code, but thanks to it using a board from Andrew Splitter the original code is just a couple of dip switches away.

If it does not sell (please, fingers crossed, don't sell) my future kid might have the coolest night light in all the lands!

Hopefully this description brings a smile to your face for a brief moment today, again do not buy this game at this price. If you do I will take your money, but....well yeah I'll take your money. Happy shopping.

#4 2 years ago
IMG_0001 (resized).JPEGIMG_0001 (resized).JPEGIMG_0002 (resized).JPEGIMG_0002 (resized).JPEGIMG_0003 (resized).JPEGIMG_0003 (resized).JPEGIMG_0004 (resized).JPEGIMG_0004 (resized).JPEGIMG_0005 (resized).JPEGIMG_0005 (resized).JPEGIMG_0006 (resized).JPEGIMG_0006 (resized).JPEGIMG_0007 (resized).JPEGIMG_0007 (resized).JPEGIMG_0008 (resized).JPEGIMG_0008 (resized).JPEGIMG_0009 (resized).JPEGIMG_0009 (resized).JPEGIMG_0010 (resized).JPEGIMG_0010 (resized).JPEGIMG_0011 (resized).JPEGIMG_0011 (resized).JPEGIMG_0012 (resized).JPEGIMG_0012 (resized).JPEGIMG_0206 (resized).JPEGIMG_0206 (resized).JPEGIMG_0681 (resized).JPEGIMG_0681 (resized).JPEGIMG_0682 (resized).JPEGIMG_0682 (resized).JPEGIMG_0683 (resized).JPEGIMG_0683 (resized).JPEGIMG_0684 (resized).JPEGIMG_0684 (resized).JPEGIMG_0685 (resized).JPEGIMG_0685 (resized).JPEGIMG_0689 (resized).JPEGIMG_0689 (resized).JPEGIMG_0714 (resized).JPEGIMG_0714 (resized).JPEGIMG_0754 (resized).JPEGIMG_0754 (resized).JPEG
#5 2 years ago
IMG_0714 (resized).JPEGIMG_0714 (resized).JPEGIMG_0754 (resized).JPEGIMG_0754 (resized).JPEGIMG_6381 (resized).JPEGIMG_6381 (resized).JPEGIMG_6382 (resized).JPEGIMG_6382 (resized).JPEGIMG_6661 (resized).JPEGIMG_6661 (resized).JPEGIMG_6662 (resized).JPEGIMG_6662 (resized).JPEGIMG_6684 (resized).JPEGIMG_6684 (resized).JPEGIMG_6686 (resized).JPEGIMG_6686 (resized).JPEGIMG_6687 (resized).JPEGIMG_6687 (resized).JPEGIMG_6688 (resized).JPEGIMG_6688 (resized).JPEGIMG_7601 (resized).JPEGIMG_7601 (resized).JPEGIMG_7602 (resized).JPEGIMG_7602 (resized).JPEGIMG_7603 (resized).JPEGIMG_7603 (resized).JPEGIMG_7604 (resized).JPEGIMG_7604 (resized).JPEGIMG_7605 (resized).JPEGIMG_7605 (resized).JPEGIMG_7606 (resized).JPEGIMG_7606 (resized).JPEGIMG_7607 (resized).JPEGIMG_7607 (resized).JPEGIMG_7608 (resized).JPEGIMG_7608 (resized).JPEG
#7 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

That is one stunning Star Gazer GLWS!

Thank you!

#8 2 years ago

Oh I forgot the tilt board is original as well!

#9 2 years ago

Loaded a video of the cabinet paint so you can get a better idea of the metallic properties of the blue.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Am I reading this correctly....? You’ve got a kid on the way??

Planning stages, but with both of us working in school and coaching sports we actually have to try to time it as best as possible to not have a delivery date expected during one of our seasons. So doctor's appointments have been made and prenatal vitamins are being consumed.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Good luck with the future kid! Get lots of practice in - in the meantime!
Beautiful game, love the blue paint! How do I get in touch with Klaus???

Can't do well in the big game if you don't practice. Do get in touch with Klaus you have to know Peter, if you don't know Peter well my friend you can't afford it.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Beautiful. I can't believe you're even considering selling, but totally understandable.
I have some blu-ray's that I'd trade for it

Laser Discs or bust!

#19 2 years ago

Oh yeah if you can't tell from the pictures all the mechs are on molex connectors for easy servicing in the future. I also used coated wire to connect my lamps instead of standard wire to make it so you are way less likely to ever create a short.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I think unfortunately for you, Tsskinne, this game will sell at this price. Very nicely done and congrats on the kid!

wrong sir (resized).pngwrong sir (resized).png

Not on the kid part, appreciate that, but again just in the planning stages. If and when it is like for sure for sure, there will likely be some fire sales going down around the tsskinne household.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Hmm would you call this a HUO or a scratch build? Its not a restored original.. nice looking game regardless.

Both. It is a scratch build, and it is HUO, or H&GUO as stated earlier.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Tommy is an awesome seller and I have purchased multiple games from him in the past...this one is REALLY tempting!
I DO have laser discs!

Thank you man, I appreciate the kind words. Hope you are doing well. I will actually be in Jacksonville next Wednesday night!

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Congrats on the little Tommy coming your way! That's great man!

Thanks, but again just in planning stages, we are both worried about complications and struggles conceiving and what have you, but we are hopeful. I do appreciate it.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

ahhh I gotcha. Well you guys will make it happen and all will work out. I'm just bummed I don't get to hear Taylor give you crap anymore. Miss you guys.

Boy oh boy do I have some good news for you then...get those downloads ready.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

stop buying all the cool shit lol...

Haha, at least in same state, perhaps he will pass it along one day.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

LOL no, I just got excited and added it.

I'm not removing it from my history until it leaves my kitchen!

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

If this is what they are going for, temped to sell mine.
Congrats OP.

Based on the sickness in my stomach I don't recommend it. But yes GorillaBiscuits made a fair offer and yeah, I can say I had one for awhile at least.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Damn. Now THAT is an excellent example of a game WORTH the asking price rather than this recent craze of "buy and flip NIB/HOU games" that has tarnished this community.
What an outstanding piece of art, and I mean that in the most complimentary way possible.
I am 100% out of the loop of what makes this game so desirable. Not picking a fight - I am genuinely asking - what makes Stargazer so desired??

For me personally it was a combination of beatiful art, unique layout, 3 spinners, 9 drops, and rarity. It had a small production run to begin with and add 40 years of games in the wild being destroyed and it becomes quite sought after. I started gathering parts to try and build this game literally years ago, took me a long time to get all the pieces together, and even once I had them another 11 months or so to actually assemble it all. It also has at least 2 different revisions of rules out there to make the most out of the layout so technically you can really change up how the game plays. For me, it is up there just behind some of the Bally games like Fathom and Centaur in art, and at the top of the pile of Stern games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-star-gazer-9?tu=tsskinne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.