Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Beechwood
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0977 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0978 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0976 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0974 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0975 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0973 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0972 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0970 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 5 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

for sale

For sale: Star Gazer

Added: April 27th, 2021 Ended: May 4th, 2021
    Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 7,000

Item description

I've got a couple of games coming in this week and something needs to go unfortunately. Cabinet is decent, unrestored, structurally sound but normal wear and tear for a 40-year-old game. Backglass is perfect. Playfield is a pretty nice original with a playfield protector installed. The game has all of the rectifier board connectors repinned (some of the male pins replaced as well), a new MPU, new ball, recapped sound board, new ribbons for the sound to MPU, new filter caps and recommended jumpers and reflows on the solenoid driver board, all displays are sharp and have been reflowed, one digit transistor replaced on one, new rubbers, new ball, new legs and leg levelers, plastics and pop caps original but nice, new drop targets, new flipper bats, thumb lock, new decals on the spinners. Everything plays nicely, fast and sharp.

Item photos

IMG_0970 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0972 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0973 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0974 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0975 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0976 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0977 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0978 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Advance, NC, US

Seller insights

These are The_Director's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to The_Director's stats page

#2 5 months ago

Gosh, a super nice restoration candidate for a grail game I really would like to have...just not the right financial time for me with two other games on order. GLWS

#3 5 months ago

Granted, it is certainly a restoration candidate if someone were to go that route. However there is something to be said about nice original survivors and this appears to be a fine example of that.

#5 5 months ago

Bro! What is coming in that is so important it would cause this one to leave?

#6 5 months ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

What he said !

#7 5 months ago

There's a lot of games on his list I would shove out the door before Sgazer got the boot

#8 5 months ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

Fathom Mermaid?

#9 5 months ago

Its the right time to sell. 7k would be an easy decision for me too.
    Glws

#10 5 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Its the right time to sell. 7k would be an easy decision for me too.
    Glws

lol what? You don't have one.

#11 5 months ago

I’m more of a modern game fan. I do have an affinity for the classic Bally and Sterns as I work on them all the time and have owned a lot. I will say, Star Gazer is the best title from that era I’ve ever played...hands down. It’s fast and a ton of fun. If I had infinite space and money, I’d definitely keep it.

I’m getting a third Banzai Run in (number 2 was supposed to be my keeper...) and a third Earthshaker (always had a soft spot and WW is a long time keeper and they pair so well). I do need the space and a more expensive title had to go up for those two to replenish the coffers. Wasn’t an easy decision by any stretch. F14 will be for sale too, but that’s never been one planning for the game room.

#12 5 months ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

lol what? You don't have one.

Quoted from TheLaw:

...would be....

#13 5 months ago

If this was local to me I’d buy it, just picked up a beater fathom, they would look awesome together!

Glws

#14 5 months ago

Is it
    Punchy the Clown
    Filling that SG slot

#16 5 months ago

I bought the last one on pinside for the same amount. Definitely worth it in my opinion.

#17 5 months ago

Ugh... I sold one in the same condition for $800. Wish I had it back!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside