14A7F510-0A91-4A38-BE1D-A78D7EA1BB30 (resized).jpeg
34732A36-F5A2-4F07-86A3-D560BD275FED (resized).jpeg
74B327BA-EEEB-45AA-B71D-A736EABBA5FC (resized).jpeg
BBD6DA8C-636A-4366-89D1-03EF8ABD78AA (resized).jpeg
4AE8FD63-CDF9-4945-BEE2-FA28C6D1B822 (resized).jpeg
891BEC1B-3741-4531-8EE8-43F2E2A39C9B (resized).jpeg
E46FDCC5-832D-40E6-9A6C-0E4D6EDC9C0D (resized).jpeg
076B1359-CCB2-4066-9EF7-0A876003E398 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#31 6 years ago

Are you guys that are saying this is a steal and looks great actually looking at the pics? I mean...it's hard to see any detail with the lighting and resolution, but I see some fairly nasty chipping around the magnet, heavily ghosted inserts, a chunk out of the right outlane, etc. The amount of dirt on that playfield tell me this machine was not well maintained or cared for, and was heavily played for it's age. Don't get me wrong, I think the price is reasonable for the condition, but those saying this is an amazing price and it will be just as good as HUO with a little cleaning are insane.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Ah great pickup on the ghosted inserts. Hard to do a total count of them, but I bet stern would replace the PF if there was 10 or more. My SM PF was replaced in January. I was the second owner. Stern did not ask any qyestions of who bought it, where, when, etc. . Good service for me after the PF bloop.
So if one could get a new PF with all new parts on this game then it would be a super good deal. No?
Interesting huh?

Yea...that would definitely help. Besides the ghosting, that wear by the magnet and outlane (and who knows what else is hiding behind those bad pics) will definitely not clean up with some Novus. A new playfield would be the only way to fix all that, and like you said there is a good chance Stern would replace it based on the ghosting. If that happened, yes it would be a great deal (assuming the rest of the machine is nice...can't tell from these pics) If I were the OP, I would try to get it replaced before selling and definitely make more money on the deal. If I were a potential buyer, I would want to see the machine in person first to make sure there isn't cabinet bumps/bruises/scratches and make sure those side rails aren't scratched or dented. Can't see any detail in the pictures and the way the playfield looks, I wouldn't be surprised if they show wear also.

Again, the price is right for what it is, but it's definitely not the great condition and killer deal that so many are saying it is. There are issues beyond cleaning that are shown in the pics, and who knows what else could be lurking in the shadows. I'm a firm believer that not every machine needs to be a beauty queen and perfect, and the price here does reflect that. Just make sure you are actually looking at what you are buying, because "great condition" this is not.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I bet there is zero wear at the magnet. The new magnet design does not cause wear. Probably just dirty. This playfield will clean up just fine. The price is cheap. I think you're shitting on the wrong thread.

Hey whatever man. If the glaring issues in the pics are really just dirt or weird reflections or whatever, then the OP should really take some better pics. But I've seen enough playfield wear in my life to be pretty sure that's what I'm seeing. I'm not crapping on anything. I've said multiple times that the price is right for what it is. I just can't believe all the people in here pumping it up as looking great and a killer deal. As always, see it in person before you buy or at minimum get some good pics.

#43 6 years ago

Yea...totally no ill will meant towards the OP at all. There is nothing wrong with a routed game and it's expected to show some wear. His price reflects that perfectly. I'm sure someone will pick it up and be very happy with it. Spider-Man is an amazing game and the VE is an awesome package. This is a great way for someone to snag one without paying the crazy HUO/mint prices these go for. If nothing else, we've been keeping this bumped to the top! Best of luck with the sale!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-spider-man-ve-21?tu=jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.