14A7F510-0A91-4A38-BE1D-A78D7EA1BB30 (resized).jpeg
34732A36-F5A2-4F07-86A3-D560BD275FED (resized).jpeg
74B327BA-EEEB-45AA-B71D-A736EABBA5FC (resized).jpeg
BBD6DA8C-636A-4366-89D1-03EF8ABD78AA (resized).jpeg
4AE8FD63-CDF9-4945-BEE2-FA28C6D1B822 (resized).jpeg
891BEC1B-3741-4531-8EE8-43F2E2A39C9B (resized).jpeg
E46FDCC5-832D-40E6-9A6C-0E4D6EDC9C0D (resized).jpeg
076B1359-CCB2-4066-9EF7-0A876003E398 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Spider-Man VE

Added: 2018-04-18 03:34:27 UTC • Ended: April 19th, 2018
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

$ 4,950

Nice Spider-Man vault edition. Bought it new when it came out. Been at our pinbar since then. It’s in good shape ready to go.

Item photos

076B1359-CCB2-4066-9EF7-0A876003E398 (resized).jpeg
E46FDCC5-832D-40E6-9A6C-0E4D6EDC9C0D (resized).jpeg
891BEC1B-3741-4531-8EE8-43F2E2A39C9B (resized).jpeg
4AE8FD63-CDF9-4945-BEE2-FA28C6D1B822 (resized).jpeg
BBD6DA8C-636A-4366-89D1-03EF8ABD78AA (resized).jpeg
74B327BA-EEEB-45AA-B71D-A736EABBA5FC (resized).jpeg
34732A36-F5A2-4F07-86A3-D560BD275FED (resized).jpeg
14A7F510-0A91-4A38-BE1D-A78D7EA1BB30 (resized).jpeg
D8B3F161-AF45-4D0D-888B-9E41E994BC67 (resized).jpeg
D82DE96C-91B6-402E-8964-1DCA75700413 (resized).jpeg
F4B643B1-66E1-48CF-BA10-F2F2B09E1E0B (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are supple-rico's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to supple-rico's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Lubbock, TX, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

#2 6 years ago

Nice price, looks great.

#3 6 years ago

Might want to clean it and take pics again. It'll show much better. Novus is your friend.

#4 6 years ago

Wow...great price

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Might want to clean it and take pics again. It'll show much better. Novus is your friend.

At this price, he won't have any issue By far the cheapest VE I've seen.

#6 6 years ago

yes very excellent price and a very good game it's still quite brand new it should sell very quick.no worries to the seller it will sell just like as is good luck.i saw one here near me and price was close to 9k.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

no need to.price of game over looks all that

#8 6 years ago

Wow, great price.

#9 6 years ago

Yeah, thats a great price. I live in Houston, and I'm so tempted by this. And I already have a 1st edition regular spider man. Hmm...

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Yeah, thats a great price. I live in Houston, and I'm so tempted by this. And I already have a 1st edition regular spider man. Hmm...

i would jump on it if i was planning to buy a pin you dont see this everyday especially the price.on some of the other machines out there are no where near as nice as this one and are heavily used older machines asking a ridiculous amount and no where as fun.

#11 6 years ago

Has this thing had any issues or maintenance done over it’s life on route?

#12 6 years ago

Omg, this thing isn't off the market yet, what's wrong with you people?

#13 6 years ago

If I lived in Texas (within driving distance!), this would be gone. Some of these questions and comments are nuts. Go see the damn thing and buy it. Great price!

#14 6 years ago

Wow! Excellent price.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If I lived in Texas, this would be gone. Some of these questions and comments are nuts. Go see the damn thing and buy it. Great price!

Agree on the great price, but one could still live in TX and this would still be a 10+ hour one way drive away.....

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Agree on the great price, but one could still live in TX and this would still be a 10+ hour one way drive away.....

that's a good point. Forgot how big it is!!

#17 6 years ago

Screaming deal. Love mine.

#18 6 years ago

Great price

#19 6 years ago

HUO examples seem to be selling around 6k so why all the fuss over a routed one for 5k? Appears it has been played a fair amount with all the black grime on the pf. Maybe just the typical Pinside price pumping going on.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

HUO examples seem to be selling around 6k so why all the fuss over a routed one for 5k? Appears it has been played a fair amount with all the black grime on the pf. Maybe just the typical Pinside price pumping going on.

Because routed vs hou is meaningless. If the games in good condition, it's in good condition, and this one appears to be.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Giddy up!! I see a road trip in your near future.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Side by side?
Or how about bookends?
Mmm...
think about it.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Because routed vs hou is meaningless. If the games in good condition, it's in good condition, and this one appears to be.

There is a negative stigma with what most people associate a routed machine to look and play like, and 90% of the time they are right. Like you said it's all about condition.
if he cleaned it up a little, pretty sure he could tack on another 300-500 and still sell it relatively easily. I guarantee you the next guy will buy it, play it, clean it and not disclose that it was used on route(if that matters) and sell it for 5800k.

#24 6 years ago

How many plays? the metal in front of both ramps appear to be bent upward , unusual for a year old pin.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

How many plays? the metal in front of both ramps appear to be bent upward , unusual for a year old pin.

Not unusual. My SMVE had the ramp flaps raise up shortly after I received it.

Either the ramp has worked its way loose and needs tightened down or someone attempted to clean the playfield and ran a cloth underneath the ramp flap and bent it up.

I'm guessing the ramp has worked itself loose and has never been adjusted.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I disagree. A routed game being turned on 12+ hours a day is generally going to stress the electronics, circuit boards, connectors, LEDs, display, etc. more than a HUO machine.

#27 6 years ago

Where is the shooter lane picture? LOL

#28 6 years ago

HUO vs Routed depends on the discount. I have see folks pay a lot for a routed pin

These were $6700 NIB, so $1750 off is a good deal. Safe price. GLWTS!

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

There is a negative stigma with what most people associate a routed machine to look and play like, and 90% of the time they are right. Like you said it's all about condition.
if he cleaned it up a little, pretty sure he could tack on another 300-500 and still sell it relatively easily. I guarantee you the next guy will buy it, play it, clean it and not disclose that it was used on route(if that matters) and sell it for 5800k.

I think you mean 5.8k, 5800k would be a little high on this title...

#30 6 years ago

$5k for this game is a steal. When I picked mine up new they were $7100 NIB. Great game, great price. GLWS!

#31 6 years ago

Are you guys that are saying this is a steal and looks great actually looking at the pics? I mean...it's hard to see any detail with the lighting and resolution, but I see some fairly nasty chipping around the magnet, heavily ghosted inserts, a chunk out of the right outlane, etc. The amount of dirt on that playfield tell me this machine was not well maintained or cared for, and was heavily played for it's age. Don't get me wrong, I think the price is reasonable for the condition, but those saying this is an amazing price and it will be just as good as HUO with a little cleaning are insane.

#32 6 years ago

id pay that for the siderails alone!

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

$5k for this game is a steal. When I picked mine up new they were $7100 NIB. Great game, great price. GLWS!

right brand new is a hefty penny thats why this one is a great buy.sure there might be dirt and needs cleaning but the game is still fairly brand new.i would not mind cleaning the playfield for a price like that.great game +great price+great condition=awesome.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Omg, this thing isn't off the market yet, what's wrong with you people?

i know someone has to snatch this baby up quickly

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Cycloneman:

right brand new is a hefty penny thats why this one is a great buy.sure there might be dirt and needs cleaning but the game is still fairly brand new.i would not mind cleaning the playfield for a price like that.great game +great price+great condition=awesome.

Seriously, some novus 2, flaming polishing and this thing will shine at a fraction of the cost. Obviously the condition isnt HUO and he has stated that and he isn't asking a HUO price. SMVE is a great game and the art package is some much better than the original in my opinion. Someone will enjoy this game if they buy it.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Seriously, some novus 2, flaming polishing and this thing will shine at a fraction of the cost. Obviously the condition isnt HUO and he has stated that and he isn't asking a HUO price. SMVE is a great game and the art package is some much better than the original in my opinion. Someone will enjoy this game if they buy it.

Yes thats the way i look at it also.for some people they dont like to see this type of ad because they think it will throw down the value of their games.they want it to stay high in price..not fair to people who love the hobby and cant put up 8-12 thousand dollars

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

I think you mean 5.8k, 5800k would be a little high on this title...

Just a little bit

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Are you guys that are saying this is a steal and looks great actually looking at the pics? I mean...it's hard to see any detail with the lighting and resolution, but I see some fairly nasty chipping around the magnet, heavily ghosted inserts, a chunk out of the right outlane, etc.

Ah great pickup on the ghosted inserts. Hard to do a total count of them, but I bet stern would replace the PF if there was 10 or more. My SM PF was replaced in January. I was the second owner. Stern did not ask any qyestions of who bought it, where, when, etc. . Good service for me after the PF bloop.

So if one could get a new PF with all new parts on this game then it would be a super good deal. No?

Interesting huh?

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Ah great pickup on the ghosted inserts. Hard to do a total count of them, but I bet stern would replace the PF if there was 10 or more. My SM PF was replaced in January. I was the second owner. Stern did not ask any qyestions of who bought it, where, when, etc. . Good service for me after the PF bloop.
So if one could get a new PF with all new parts on this game then it would be a super good deal. No?
Interesting huh?

Yea...that would definitely help. Besides the ghosting, that wear by the magnet and outlane (and who knows what else is hiding behind those bad pics) will definitely not clean up with some Novus. A new playfield would be the only way to fix all that, and like you said there is a good chance Stern would replace it based on the ghosting. If that happened, yes it would be a great deal (assuming the rest of the machine is nice...can't tell from these pics) If I were the OP, I would try to get it replaced before selling and definitely make more money on the deal. If I were a potential buyer, I would want to see the machine in person first to make sure there isn't cabinet bumps/bruises/scratches and make sure those side rails aren't scratched or dented. Can't see any detail in the pictures and the way the playfield looks, I wouldn't be surprised if they show wear also.

Again, the price is right for what it is, but it's definitely not the great condition and killer deal that so many are saying it is. There are issues beyond cleaning that are shown in the pics, and who knows what else could be lurking in the shadows. I'm a firm believer that not every machine needs to be a beauty queen and perfect, and the price here does reflect that. Just make sure you are actually looking at what you are buying, because "great condition" this is not.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yea...that would definitely help. Besides the ghosting, that wear by the magnet and outlane (and who knows what else is hiding behind those bad pics) will definitely not clean up with some Novus. A new playfield would be the only way to fix all that, and like you said there is a good chance Stern would replace it based on the ghosting. If that happened, yes it would be a great deal (assuming the rest of the machine is nice...can't tell from these pics) If I were the OP, I would try to get it replaced before selling and definitely make more money on the deal. If I were a potential buyer, I would want to see the machine in person first to make sure there isn't cabinet bumps/bruises/scratches and make sure those side rails aren't scratched or dented. Can't see any detail in the pictures and the way the playfield looks, I wouldn't be surprised if they have issues either.
Again, the price is right for what it is, but it's definitely not the great condition and killer deal that so many are saying it is. There are issues beyond cleaning that are shown in the pics, and who knows what else could be lurking in the shadows. I'm a firm believer that not every machine needs to be a beauty queen and perfect, and the price here does reflect that. Just make sure you are actually looking at what you are buying, because "great condition" this is not.

I bet there is zero wear at the magnet. The new magnet design does not cause wear. Probably just dirty. This playfield will clean up just fine. The price is cheap. I think you're shitting on the wrong thread.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I bet there is zero wear at the magnet. The new magnet design does not cause wear. Probably just dirty. This playfield will clean up just fine. The price is cheap. I think you're shitting on the wrong thread.

Hey whatever man. If the glaring issues in the pics are really just dirt or weird reflections or whatever, then the OP should really take some better pics. But I've seen enough playfield wear in my life to be pretty sure that's what I'm seeing. I'm not crapping on anything. I've said multiple times that the price is right for what it is. I just can't believe all the people in here pumping it up as looking great and a killer deal. As always, see it in person before you buy or at minimum get some good pics.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I think you're shitting on the wrong thread.

I don't see Jediturtle shitting on the thread and he makes some very valid points. If it was that great of a deal it would have been gone by now. Nearly every killer deal or "steal" lasts only hours if not minutes on here. It's a good price for a routed game that normally costs a lot more in mint condition but to make it out to be anything else based on those pictures is ridiculous.

#43 6 years ago

Yea...totally no ill will meant towards the OP at all. There is nothing wrong with a routed game and it's expected to show some wear. His price reflects that perfectly. I'm sure someone will pick it up and be very happy with it. Spider-Man is an amazing game and the VE is an awesome package. This is a great way for someone to snag one without paying the crazy HUO/mint prices these go for. If nothing else, we've been keeping this bumped to the top! Best of luck with the sale!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-spider-man-ve-21?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.