(Topic ID: 195903)

For sale or trade: Spider-Man (Home Edition)

By akm

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by akm
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0033 (resized).JPG
IMG_0083 (resized).JPG
IMG_0074 (resized).JPG
IMG_0081 (resized).JPG
IMG_0079 (resized).JPG
IMG_0076 (resized).JPG
IMG_0072 (resized).JPG
IMG_0069 (resized).JPG
IMG_0058 (resized).JPG
IMG_0066 (resized).JPG
IMG_0064 (resized).JPG
IMG_0062 (resized).JPG
IMG_0061 (resized).JPG
IMG_0054 (resized).JPG
IMG_0057 (resized).JPG
IMG_0048 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale or trade: Spider-Man (Home Edition)

Added: 2017-08-15 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (September 28th, 2017) • Ended: October 2nd, 2017
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 2,800 (Firm)

Price is firm

I have a Spider Man Home Edition ("The Pin") I may be looking to sell. I don't think one of these has been listed in the marketplace yet, so.. Let's test the waters and shoot for $2800 (price is firm).

From what I understand, these are $3500-ish NIB if you can find them locally, $3900-ish shipped.

This is the HOME EDITION. New playfield layout, totally different game than the full size Vault Edition. The backglass and cabinet art is mostly the same. It also shares some of the same music, but the gameplay itself is vastly different.

Only thing I did to it was install warm LEDs for the GI since the cool bulbs washed out the art, and Super Bands on the flippers. Photos are from the first week I had it with the cool bulbs but not much has changed since. Everything is fully functional, no broken plastics or anything. Game looks good and plays well.

Check out a video I posted of it to see it in action.

I am located in Fairfax, VA. Not interested in shipping, buyer pickup only. Note: The head has to come off when transporting it (unless you want to move it on its legs) and so it will fit in many different types of vehicles.

I am also be interested in trades, shoot me your offers. Any era from Solid State and up. DMDs preferred, but not mandatory.

Video gameplay link:

Item photos

IMG_0045 (resized).JPG
IMG_0042 (resized).JPG
IMG_0053 (resized).JPG
IMG_0051 (resized).JPG
IMG_0048 (resized).JPG
IMG_0057 (resized).JPG
IMG_0054 (resized).JPG
IMG_0061 (resized).JPG
IMG_0062 (resized).JPG
IMG_0064 (resized).JPG
IMG_0066 (resized).JPG
IMG_0058 (resized).JPG
IMG_0069 (resized).JPG
IMG_0072 (resized).JPG
IMG_0076 (resized).JPG
IMG_0079 (resized).JPG
IMG_0081 (resized).JPG
IMG_0074 (resized).JPG
IMG_0083 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are akm's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to akm's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Fairfax, VA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

#2 6 years ago

Super reasonable price for a SM. If I didn't already own a BSM I would be all over this. This should be sold by the end of the day! GLWS.

#3 6 years ago

Very cool. I think you're correct in that this is the 1st SM(CE) to come on the market. Interesting to see where this falls in price.

Also, I think this is my first look under the PF, but I always thought the slings were on the same coil with a common linkage or whatnot and that's why they fired at the same time. Can't believe they're on separate coils and still fire simultaneously.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Super reasonable price for a SM. If I didn't already own a BSM I would be all over this. This should be sold by the end of the day! GLWS

Keep in mind this is the completely "Consumer Version" and not the traditional 2009 Stern Spiderman or the 2016 Spiderman Vault.

#5 6 years ago

Fun looking game. I didn't know what to expect, but the game play video was well done. This would be a great game for a player or a Spiderman fan. My 10 year old would love this thing, but he doesn't have enough cash

#6 6 years ago

Not bad at all. Looks like fun.

#7 6 years ago

GLWTS

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Not bad at all. Looks like fun.

It really is pretty decent. I played one at Pintastic.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Also, I think this is my first look under the PF, but I always thought the slings were on the same coil with a common linkage or whatnot and that's why they fired at the same time. Can't believe they're on separate coils and still fire simultaneously.

It's not just the slings--two of the pops fire simultaneously as well.

#10 6 years ago

It really is a fun game, especially if you don't like deep rule sets. I put about 20 games a week on mine. I'd play more, but live in an apartment, so can't play whenever I want to!

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from akm:

It's not just the slings--two of the pops fire simultaneously as well.

Presumably to save $$ on the number of drive / trigger circuits required.

#12 6 years ago

akm is the man, buy with confidence.

#13 6 years ago

Cool looking game, love the art and priced to sell.

#14 6 years ago

Dropped price to the lowest I decided I am willing to take ($3K). Would love to have some cash on hand for when I go to the York show at the end of September.

Still open for trades as well, or trade + cash on your end. Solid state and up, though DMDs are preferred, I'm open to just about anything.

#15 6 years ago

This is a great price. Why do you have to be on the opposite coast?! GLWS!

#16 6 years ago

Still here.

1 week later
#18 6 years ago

How is this not gone yet? This game is awesome and a steal at this price.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

How is this not gone yet? This game is awesome and a steal at this price.

This is the home version. Most people would prefer to spend $3000 on a real pinball machine is my guess.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

How is this not gone yet?

Because you, (and everybody else apparently) are not willing to pay $3000 for it, obviously.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Because you, (and everybody else apparently) are not willing to pay $3000 for it, obviously.

mystery solved! thanks scoob!

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

mystery solved! thanks scoob!

Anytime. I'm just glad I was able to help.

#23 6 years ago

I'm thinking most of these are sold to non pinball people, on the face of it seems like $3000 for an almost new pin (with color dots) seems good. But likely most here will prefer a full commercial pinball machine.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm thinking most of these are sold to non pinball people, on the face of it seems like $3000 for an almost new pin (with color dots) seems good. But likely most here will prefer a full commercial pinball machine.

Perhaps. I do think the machine is close enough to a full commercial machine to appeal to pinball people (and as such, several here have bought one). That said, I do understand the lack of interest and it's obviously not for everyone.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Perhaps. I do think the machine is close enough to a full commercial machine to appeal to pinball people (and as such, several here have bought one). That said, I do understand the lack of interest and it's obviously not for everyone.

GLWTS

I love the video you made. Very well done as always.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Perhaps. I do think the machine is close enough to a full commercial machine

Compared to a Star Wars pro it is.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Compared to a Star Wars pro it is.

I thoroughly enjoy Star Wars Pro, so I will take that as a compliment.

#28 6 years ago

Is the display color LED or LCD?

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Is the display color LED or LCD?

LED.

#30 6 years ago

I'm not in the market but maybe you can explain how this is different than the old 'The Pin' which was not serviceable and had the legs underneath the cabinet.

This does look a lot more like a full size pin more like Costco IM than Transformers the pin.

Is it wood, does it feel heavy like a full size pinball machine etc..?

Maybe people are thinking it's like TF the pin.

It's unfortunate that Stern kept the old name kind of like if Ford made a new car and called it the Pinto.

IMG_0033 (resized).JPGIMG_0033 (resized).JPG

#31 6 years ago

It shares more in common with full size pins than it does not, compared to the Transformers or Avengers "The Pin" models.

The playfield lifts up just like any full size pin. From the looks of it, the playfield is either the same size as a standard playfield, or at least really close to it.

Every part is accessible just like on a full size game and it uses standard Stern parts, so its fully repairable just like a commercial game.

The glass is normal and slides off like on any regular pin (swappable, I currently have my invisiglass on it).

The cabinet doesn't have much in it, but it is wood. Definitely a different type from the full commercial games as it doesn't weigh that much.

There are a bunch of photos at the top in case anyone is wondering what it actually looks like on the inside.

#32 6 years ago

I have to say the art looks great!

#33 6 years ago

Yeah, it's not bad.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from akm:

It shares more in common with full size pins than it does not, compared to the Transformers or Avengers "The Pin" models.
The playfield lifts up just like any full size pin. From the looks of it, the playfield is either the same size as a standard playfield, or at least really close to it.
Every part is accessible just like on a full size game and it uses standard Stern parts, so its fully repairable just like a commercial game.
The glass is normal and slides off like on any regular pin (swappable, I currently have my invisiglass on it).
The cabinet doesn't have much in it, but it is wood. Definitely a different type from the full commercial games as it doesn't weigh that much.
There are a bunch of photos at the top in case anyone is wondering what it actually looks like on the inside.

yep thanks for the explanation. I was just saying it's unfortunate if people think of this like the old version of the pin which didn't look good. Actually this SM looks nice but I do have a real SM already so I can't think about this one.

GLWTS

#35 6 years ago

This one does look like a lot of fun and more loaded than other home version games. I was able to play an Avengers The Pin game at TPF, but unfortunately I was so drunk I don't remember much about it.

$3K seems about right. GLWS

#36 6 years ago

This IS a fun game. It is because of akm I bought one! It's a lot simpler than all other modern games, which is what drew me to it. Seems like your always in multi ball, though.

It's about half the weight of a commercial machine. I was able to cart it upstairs to my apartment, and put it together by myself.

#37 6 years ago

All right, one last price drop then that's it until the ad expires.

1 week later
#38 6 years ago

OK, I'm backpedaling on that last post. I decided I am going to bring this to the York show (Saturday). If anyone plans on being there and is interested in this, it'll be there. If it doesn't sell, then at least people get to check it out and get some hands on experience with it.

1 week later
#39 6 years ago

Last bump before York!

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Last bump before York!

Are you putting it in the freeplay section? I'm not interested in purchasing it, but I'm really interested in just being able to check it out in person and play it.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Are you putting it in the freeplay section? I'm not interested in purchasing it, but I'm really interested in just being able to check it out in person and play it.

Yes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-spider-man-home-edition-1?hl=noahd42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.