121_4500 (resized).JPG
121_4499 (resized).JPG
121_4498 (resized).JPG
121_4497 (resized).JPG
121_4496 (resized).JPG
121_4495 (resized).JPG
121_4494 (resized).JPG
121_4493 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Space Shuttle

Added: 2018-10-17 03:45:11 UTC • Ended: October 20th, 2018
Condition: As is

Price

$ 550 (OBO)

Open for offers

Space Shuttle project with decent playfield. This machine needs a fair amount of work but is a good solid starting point for someone wanting a Winter project. Cabinet is decent and playfield is better than most originals. It does have some wear but not in the usual places?

Missing sound board, MPU likely needs work, machine is untested but will likely need a fair amount of board work as well as a backglass.

This listing will only be up a couple weeks because we are headed on vacation most of the month of November. I had this at the York Show but was holding firm on price since I thought I had a buyer coming to pick it up Saturday. That buyer didn't take it so it is still for sale. If you talked to me about it at York I will take a little less money then my $550 asking price at this point.

Item photos

121_4483 (resized).JPG
121_4485 (resized).JPG
121_4486 (resized).JPG
121_4487 (resized).JPG
121_4488 (resized).JPG
121_4489 (resized).JPG
121_4490 (resized).JPG
121_4491 (resized).JPG
121_4492 (resized).JPG
121_4493 (resized).JPG
121_4494 (resized).JPG
121_4495 (resized).JPG
121_4496 (resized).JPG
121_4497 (resized).JPG
121_4498 (resized).JPG
121_4499 (resized).JPG
121_4500 (resized).JPG
121_4501 (resized).JPG
121_4502 (resized).JPG
121_4503 (resized).JPG
121_4504 (resized).JPG
121_4505 (resized).JPG
121_4506 (resized).JPG
121_4507 (resized).JPG
121_4508 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are too-many-pins's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to too-many-pins's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Carlisle, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

#3 5 years ago

I have had 8 people contact me about pictures since listing two machines last night. As soon as I get machines moved from my trailer to the garage this afternoon I'll post some pictures of both. THANKS! Skip

#4 5 years ago

Pictures of both Space Shuttle & Volcano are now posted for everyone that asked about them. THANKS for your interest!

#6 5 years ago

Space Shuttle is tentatively sold pending pick up Friday afternoon. If that buyer falls through I have a couple others waiting in line. Volcano is still up for grabs!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

I knew I should have jumped on it in York. Good luck.

I was actually very surprised it didn't go right away at York. I know it was kind of a "major project" but at my price there was still plenty of room for profit if someone wanted to buy it / fix it / and flip it or they could have had a cheap Space Shuttle with a new backglass. Either way there was about $350 to $500 profit in it for a days work. ($500 for my machine, $250 for a backglass, and maybe another $200 in parts would have made it a $1400 machine).

The Volcano I currently have listed is the same way. If someone can accept a less than perfect cabinet the backglasses don't look all that bad and it shouldn't take much to make that a great players machine. I have an idea most of the issues could be gone just by doing the ground mods. We were playing it some yesterday and issues kept coming & going which tells me it is likely nothing all that serious.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

I’ve never done a major project machine. I guess that’s why I was hesitant. At York I had checked with Mayfair to see if he had the backglass. He didn’t have it. If he did I would have probably bought it on the spot. The board guy had the sound board for $50 because I had checked with him too.
If nothing else it would have been a good learning experience for me, especially since I don’t own a Williams machine. Oh well...

I think the biggest issue with this machine is MPU condition being unknown and that MPU being so hard to find & expensive. Thursday there was at least one backglass at the show because I actually thought about buying it and just keeping the machine but we are so backed up with projects right now I just couldn't justify doing that.

My biggest issue these days with Solid State machines is for years my son has been my 'board guy' and right now he doesn't have the time or interest in doing board work on our machines. So without a "board guy" I am pretty much out of luck when it comes to machines needing major board work. Worse yet is I don't even know enough about the boards in these things to know if I am safe plugging them in to try them so all I can do is sell solid state machines as projects right now unless they are already working and just need cosmetic stuff.

Hopefully this will make a great project for my buyer but I guess only time will tell. I hate not knowing more about the board stuff but I relied on my son for so long I never took the time to try and learn about them. He did the board work - I moved machines around, shopped them, and did the mechanical stuff so it worked out great for years. Now I am SOL once I get to something that doesn't play when I plug it in.

#12 5 years ago

Space Shuttle is sold & gone. The only machine still for sale from my York Show load is the Volcano I took in on trade. I'll be marking this one sold later tonight but wanted to post the fact it was sold instead of replying to all the people who emailed about it.

Thanks,
Skip

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-space-shuttle-24?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.