121_4500 (resized).JPG
121_4499 (resized).JPG
121_4498 (resized).JPG
121_4497 (resized).JPG
121_4496 (resized).JPG
121_4495 (resized).JPG
121_4494 (resized).JPG
121_4493 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phillyfan64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#7 5 years ago

I knew I should have jumped on it in York. Good luck.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I was actually very surprised it didn't go right away at York. I know it was kind of a "major project" but at my price there was still plenty of room for profit if someone wanted to buy it / fix it / and flip it or they could have had a cheap Space Shuttle with a new backglass. Either way there was about $350 to $500 profit in it for a days work. ($500 for my machine, $250 for a backglass, and maybe another $200 in parts would have made it a $1400 machine).
The Volcano I currently have listed is the same way. If someone can accept a less than perfect cabinet the backglasses don't look all that bad and it shouldn't take much to make that a great players machine. I have an idea most of the issues could be gone just by doing the ground mods. We were playing it some yesterday and issues kept coming & going which tells me it is likely nothing all that serious.

I’ve never done a major project machine. I guess that’s why I was hesitant. At York I had checked with Mayfair to see if he had the backglass. He didn’t have it. If he did I would have probably bought it on the spot. The board guy had the sound board for $50 because I had checked with him too.

If nothing else it would have been a good learning experience for me, especially since I don’t own a Williams machine. Oh well...

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I think the biggest issue with this machine is MPU condition being unknown and that MPU being so hard to find & expensive. Thursday there was at least one backglass at the show because I actually thought about buying it and just keeping the machine but we are so backed up with projects right now I just couldn't justify doing that.
My biggest issue these days with Solid State machines is for years my son has been my 'board guy' and right now he doesn't have the time or interest in doing board work on our machines. So without a "board guy" I am pretty much out of luck when it comes to machines needing major board work. Worse yet is I don't even know enough about the boards in these things to know if I am safe plugging them in to try them so all I can do is sell solid state machines as projects right now unless they are already working and just need cosmetic stuff.
Hopefully this will make a great project for my buyer but I guess only time will tell. I hate not knowing more about the board stuff but I relied on my son for so long I never took the time to try and learn about them. He did the board work - I moved machines around, shopped them, and did the mechanical stuff so it worked out great for years. Now I am SOL once I get to something that doesn't play when I plug it in.

I don’t do board work either. I definitely need to improve my soldering and troubleshooting skills.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phillyfan64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-space-shuttle-24?tu=phillyfan64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.