2F59D4DE-3D05-4DDF-B8D4-A77870C2DD62 (resized).jpeg
tellseuss12 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
12728520_558713310960584_1951553779_n[1] (resized).jpg
Well played (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 8.21.35 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 5.11.28 PM (resized).png
images (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

Thanks for the advice on the backboards.....I will go snag a picture of them and post it up today.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tn-auction-feb-17#
For anyone questioning pricing and offering $800, this auction in TN had a sorcerer sell for $1400+20% auction fees ($1400+$280=$1680). Being that stuff at auctions is usually sold for less than private sale value, I'd say the price is fair. I have seen other sorcerer machines(with nearly perfect playfields) sell on pinside for $2,000. There are also overlays on eBay for $199 and people who completely refurbish playfields for $400-$500. There is even the signup to request brand new playfields from classicplayfields.com for $749 http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html
These machines aren't being made anymore and they aren't selling in high numbers. Further, this machine has always been professionally maintained when needed and is an all original unit that is now 32 years old. Prices on this type of stuff doesn't go down.

The problem I see with your asking price is the wear on the playfield. Two years ago I sold a Sorcerer with a near perfect playfield for around $1100 (if I remember correctly). Prices have gone up some and I am somewhat fussy about playfield condition when I buy a machine but in my eyes your machines is an $800 machine. Some people might see it as being worth a little more but if you get a serious offer of $1000 or more personally I would grab the money and run.

I am not trying to tell you what to do - I am just telling you from experience what your machine is likely worth. I have zero interest because I don't buy machines with that much playfield wear at any price but I am local to the area and more or less know the local values of machines. As far as you using one auction price to try to access value that is a bad idea. First off you don't know the condition of machine sold and secondly two "crazy" people could have driven price beyond logical.

Pinside has the "average selling price at $1400 and Boston Pinball has it at $653 with the average of last two sold at $482. Something is "wrong" with Boston Pinball prices and that is likely because machines were in rough shape or incomplete but the highest price one sold on eBay in the last 5 years was $1299 and eBay takes 10% fees from that.

It is your machine and you have every right to ask what ever you want for it but if I had that machine for sale my price would be $800 as it sits. In any event a free bump and best of luck with getting it sold.

#40 6 years ago

Pricing something is very simple just do a little research and toss a price on it. Finding the true value of something is a little harder - what something is worth is what someone is willing to pay for it. I never have an issue with someone asking more than I feel a machine is worth - that is their right as a seller and who knows maybe they will get lucky and find someone willing to pay that price. But if you do have serious cash in hand offers of over $1000 personally I would not try to hold out for more.

Again - it is your machine do what ever you want. I am just trying to help you understand what the "true market value" on that title is. With all that said I do regret selling mine (that was in near perfect condition) for $1100. Had I kept it for another couple years I might have gotten $1400 to $1600 for it today. But if you get over a $1000 cash in hand for that machine you have done very well in today's market.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

theguru717 One of the things NOT to do here on Pinside is to link your for sale post to a thread like this in the future. You'll save yourself the constant back and fourth comments from the experts.

I disagree - every time someone makes a post here it makes people aware of this machine (or others) being for sale. I rarely look at the marketplace here on Pinside but I visit the forum a dozen times a day - or more. I think I have found ever machine I have ever bought on Pinside via the forum and not by visiting the marketplace ads.

Yes you will see negative post - the key is not to let them get under your skin. And again - as far as price - something is "worth" what someone is willing to pay. What someone is willing to pay doesn't have to make any sense - look at the results from the OK auction this past Sunday. Who the heck would pay those prices for most of those machines?

In any event - for the original poster - do not see any post here as a negative thing. It is keeping attention on your machine for sale and at that point someone can decided if it is worth close to your asking price to them.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

So says you. I feel that providing evidence of machines that are asking MORE than my price, even some several years old, help to kick people in the ass and let them know the market is trending upward on this machine. Again, Williams isn't making any more of these and clearly, as per Google, these aren't coming up for sale all that often. Someone out there is going to see and agree that the asking price is fair/reasonable.
Screw it then - The playfield is hideous but the rest of the machine looks nice. If you should sell it for the $1200 you were offered and run.

I highly doubt there was a $1200 offer (or anything even close to that) knowing the pinball market in this area. As OP says he is trying to be a salesman & trying to "hype" his way to a higher value on his machine. Sadly for him the pinball world doesn't work that way or at least the pinball world in Central PA I have been part of for the past dozen years or so.

Most people looking to drop down hundreds - if not thousands - of dollars on a pinball machine tend to do their homework. Especially when you are posting something for sale on a forum that is for nothing but pinball. I am just hoping the seller realized once a machine becomes "toxic" no one will buy it at any price. Machines tend to either sell quickly at a "fair" price or sit forever unsold. I have seen some machines listed on Craig's List & eBay sitting unsold for several years. Their price wasn't that far out of line but after something has been for sale for a while people start to assume "there has to be something wrong with it our it would have been sold by now".

Again speaking from experience as a buyer & seller of collectible hobby type stuff for over 50 years - if OP gets a "fair offer" he would be smart selling it. But if not that is entire up to him!

#134 6 years ago

This thread is going south in a hurry. Bottom line is very simple the sellers Sorcerer is worth what he can get for it. But seller - or OP - is not helping himself by using the same uneducated logic over and over again. I am in my 60's and have been buying and selling since I was around 12 years old. Talk is cheap - 'cash on the glass" is when you know you have a serious buyer.

If OP has any sense if someone puts $1000 "cash on the glass" he will grab it. But I have a feeling he isn't that smart. Bottom line is OP is in for a long wait if he expects much over $1000 for that machine with playfield in that condition. If he can prove me wrong good for him but my experience tells me $1000 is the "right" number for that machine. Anything less someone is getting a good deal and anything more the seller has made out very well.

Again - in a free market society people can ask what ever they want when selling something. They will know the "right price" when that item actually sells. What isn't smart is "fighting with your potential customers". Most people here on Pinside will visit this post before going to look at this machine - seller using the logic that LED's and a good shop job with new flipper rubbers hurts the value of a machine isn't going to help him any.

And to the OP - if one person tells you something never believe them but if 50 people tell you something it might be a good idea to hear what they are trying to tell you.

#172 6 years ago

Youth - or "young & dumb" as I sometimes call it can be a blessing or a curse. Lying about having a couple $1200 offers then saying you will take $1000 for a machine is not the way a new member should start in this or any other community. Your smartest thing to do at this point is to stop trying to defend yourself and see if you can find a buyer for your machine.

I posted early on that I had sold a nice one here in Central PA a couple years ago for $1100 and also said I might have sold it too cheap. Lots of other people here tried to tell you the same thing and over and over again you tried to explain why we were wrong & you were right using examples of other type sales or other machines in better condition. You asking $1300 (OBO) was not a bad move - lying about having a couple $1200 offers hoping to get more likely wasn't the smartest thing to do. Now people will wonder what else you are lying about!

Then the more people tried to help you the more you tried to pick a fight. I am not saying some people were not messing with you but you need to realize most people were originally just trying to help & guide you. PLEASE don't blame this community for the actions of a few but also please realize your mistakes and learn from them.

Cut you losses and just let this post fade away and keep hoping someone will want a Sorcerer bad enough to look beyond that playfield wear. If not you might now have an $800 machine and if you keep posting that value will likely keep dropping. People learn a lot about both sellers & buyers by reading these post!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-sorcerer-6?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.