2F59D4DE-3D05-4DDF-B8D4-A77870C2DD62 (resized).jpeg
tellseuss12 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
12728520_558713310960584_1951553779_n[1] (resized).jpg
Well played (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 8.21.35 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 5.11.28 PM (resized).png
images (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#16 6 years ago

$1,200?

You should have accepted one of those offers yesterday, based on the apparent condition, which cosmetically is fairly poor. The game is unshopped, and everybody here knows that it will need a lot of attention. There are likely issues that you aren't even aware of, and we wouldn't expect you to be aware of them because you aren't a pinball guy.

Nobody here has any problem with you trying to get as much as you can but you should stop posting auction results and pinside values as that kind of thing doesn't matter very much to us. We buy and sell pinball machines around here, not estimated values and supposed results from deals we don't know anything about. Pictures and condition means a lot more to us than an auction result from Tennessee.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

Thank you both for the comments and input.
Crazy Levi, with all due respect, you are a pinball sales and rental store located in the largest, wealthiest market in the western hemisphere(if not the world). Therefore, your exposure to and experience with pricing is going to be at the lowest possible value. You and I both know that private sale pricing is not wholesale pricing and is not shop liquidation pricing. Further, contrary to your beliefs, auction prices drive the values on anything collectible. Look at high-end, luxury automobiles, for instance. McLaren F1s are the most desirable, fastest naturally aspirated car on the planet. You could have picked one up even 5 years ago for around $1.2-$3 million dollars. Today, auctions are commanding $14million with private sales asking nearly and over $20million.
Yes, I know pins are not cars and a Sorcerer machine is not as desirable or demanding as a McLaren F1, but to completely dismiss auction prices and estimated values from reputable/active sources is not only disingenuous but also unprofessional. You operate in a world of maximum profits and that is not the world that private sales operates in.
That being said, find me a fully-functional, relatively similar condition unit in generally the same part of the country, for sale right now at or below $1,200.
I look forward to having something to compare mine with in the current market.
Here is what I can find:
$2,500 for a perfect machine one year ago :https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-sorcerer-williams-1985-1995 (this unit sold, likely near that price)
$1,800 (from AL, 2017) https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-sorcerer-3 (cabinet is worse than mine, and has many non-original parts)
---first comment on this one ^^^ is:
"Nice looking all original Sorcerer. Condition looks better in the photos than you are rating it. The price is really really good. Should sale fast."
$1,600 (asking price as of feb 11th, 2018) in CO: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/60159
$1,400 (July 2016- LI, NY) https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/37049
$1,300 (Nov 2015 in MD---cabinet in worse shape, many non-original parts) https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-sorcerer-williams-1985-1986
$1,500 (MN) https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-sorcerer-williams-1985-1988
Further, check out these price checks which suggest the playing, but rough machines are in the $1,000 range:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-sorcerer
Many of those comments are 3 years old or more, with people offering $200+ for a worn out playfield that they can send to someone like John Greatwich
and another price check from 4 years ago suggesting that $1,000 for an all original (used) machine is reasonable:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-williams-sorcerer
the simple fact of the matter is, you can all talk down pricing all you want. But find another, comparable unit for sale right now, in this area. If you do, I suggest you buy it and flip it!

And yet, with all due respect, you've still got that beat game sitting at your parents' house.

With all due respect, I wonder why.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

spoken like a true New Yorker!
Thanks for the input, now please leave my thread if you have nothing else constructive (like comparable sorcerer pins for sale at or below this price) to add to it.

When you post a game for sale here and elect to make it a forum topic, you can't tell people not to comment on it. That's not how it works.

You seem very interest in educating us with your neverending torrent of auction results, so it's only fair that we - who have ACTUAL EXPERIENCE buying and selling games - return the favor. We are trying to be constructive by helping you out.

I don't see what the problem is. In reality, since you have not one but TWO offers for $1,200 cash for an unshopped game in poor condition, you are sitting pretty. You are in very good shape in this deal so even if you don't get offered another cent, you should be very happy.

Congrats!

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Take the $1200.
Assuming your boards are clean, you’ve got a ~$1000 machine there.

I wouldn't assume that, at all. The batteries have clearly not been changed since Reagan was President.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

As previously stated, game is 100% functional and works great. Back boards look great/clean and original. For the naysayers, or "mortals" (crazy Levi) in the case of this game,

Why do you keep singling me out when a half dozen people have told you the same thing I have? Why do you keep posting here when you obviously aren't interested in anybody's opinions?

Yes, the circuit boards look nice. Obviously the game has been cared for (it has a remote battery holder), which you didn't bother pointing out before. I personally wouldn't be interested in buying that game but others might. Good luck with your sale, may it happen soon. Very soon.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

Mostly, it is your tone and how you present your opinions (as if they are the gold standard)
For example, your statement "obviously the game has been cared for" ......starts out nice enough and then finishes "(it has a remote battery holder), which you didn't bother pointing out before." While I appreciate you pointing that fact out, so I can now use that as a selling point, you don't have to be such an a-hole about it..

And you don't have to keep beating us over the head with auction results and stuff we don't care about, while omitting RELEVANT DETAILS like the fact that it's been serviced. You also come off as an a-hole at times. You keep telling us how "clearly knowledgable" we are, yet you continue to talk down to us and "educate us" at the same time. It's hard not to perceive your posts as condescending.

People are willing to accept a certain amount of this stuff from newbies, but at some point it gets old. That point was when you started announcing all the fabulous offers you had for your game, but keep trying to milk it for more despite the fact that MANY people here (not just me) have pointed out how roached that playfield is.

Perhaps we are not so different, you and I. You from New York?

And hey since we can't get enough of educating each other, I'll give you a final free tip. Selling a pinball machine can be a HUGE pain in the ass. You think I'm tough? Wait till dudes start showing up at your house to "buy" your game. You might find that a $1200 "offer" on the phone turns into a $700 offer once the guy shows up and starts nickel and diming you on everything. You might start wishing you'd accepted that $1,000 offer from a guy who is actually gonna follow through and not just jerk you off.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

I was gonna pay 1300 for this to be delivered to central nj..then seller got rude ..don't Think he has any clue that 1300 is 500 more than it's worth

Shocker. I'd expect a deal with this seller to go super smooth.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

I buy all my pins wholesale, at the pinball wholesale warehouse. Their prices are insane!

LMAO!

Quoted from theguru717:

I've sold 2 dozen cars and bikes in the past 16 years, ranging from 1973 Toyota Corollas and 1972 Triumph TR-6s to 1981 Honda CBs and Gullwings all the way up to fully-built 500whp Honda S2000 race....

This would explain why I'm reminded of a used car salesman.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

I think all pinball machines are way overpriced, period.

Even EMs?! Come on those tend to bargains.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

That's because no one wants them

False. I just bought one yesterday.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

What did you pay??

What I pay for every nice EM - $400-$1500.

Stop griping and start flipping. Everybody thinks pinball is "overpriced" when all they want are A-list games.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

I'm not fighting anyone.
Crazy Levi has yet to provide examples of his $800 players condition sorcerer machines.
I'm still waiting for his gold standard of valuation to be proven as fact.

All I said is that I'd never pay your asking price for your game and that I think you are asking way too much, and that your used car salesman act is getting old. Based upon the "evidence" - the fact that you haven't had any luck in selling your game, and that the posts from people who you have annoyed are piling up - I'd say my valuation has been proven accurate.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

Getting old? And yet here you are still visiting my thread, driving the view numbers up.
As you said yourself, pins are tough to sell. This has been on the market for 5 days. Not in any rush here.

Actually it's my thread now, and you are driving MY numbers up. Thanks!

Look, we are just trying to help. We don't go to the used car lot and tell you how to run your business, now do we?

All credit given, that is an awesome Batman pic!

#103 6 years ago

Yeah I'm thinking when he sold those 12 Lambos he was talking about earlier, he got more money because there were holes in the upholstry, one headlight was out, and the tires were flat.

All original!

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

F*ck I've never up-voted crazylevi this much before. I need to go for a walk.

I thought I felt a strange but pleasant tingling!

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Love how he made fun of a couple of potential buyers who offered bids and then tried to drum up a bidding war. Is that how it works in the car hobby? Yipes.

It was all part of his winning honest and straightforward approach.

The funny thing is when we were honest and straightforward in our responses he took umbrage and started talking about motorcycles, which I honestly and straightforwardly don't understand.

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

LOL, he might as well do a playfield swap, seems pretty easy. Just a couple of screws and some wire.

This dramatically alters the landscape once more!!!

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from drunkbaby:

I found a buyer but they didn't leave any contact info?
harrisburg.craigslist.org link
Sorry OP.

Lmao

Seems like an honest and straightforward buyer, hope they get matched up.

#256 6 years ago

LOL, well that didn't go well!

scr (resized).jpgscr (resized).jpg

I sent him a message asking about buying the game - it actually is a potentially perfect machine for a charity project in NYC I'm working on. A serious, sincere message, offering to do business, which is what we do around here.

He responds with the usual homoerotic pegging nonsense and possible torrent of other insults I didn't bother to read.

Why is this guy so obsessed with strap ons, pegging, and "rectal cavities?" (that's rhetorical. We all know why.)

For a used car salesman, the dude clearly has a huge problem separating business and personal. I'd NEVER cut off anybody here from a possible deal, and never have. It's business! You called me an asshole in a JJP thread? Great, who cares, let's deal. Can you imagine taking this stuff THAT personally?! Dude has the social skills - and obsession with buttholes - of a 7-year old.

How does this guy make a living selling used cars and motorcycles when he can't deal with a little back and forth? I'm seriously wondering if he's a used car salesman at all! Is it just more lies like his supposed numerous offers on his roached game?

I'd seriously suggest folks be wary of dealing with this guy. To say he has a screw loose would be an understatement.

#260 6 years ago

Would you guys buy a used car from this fella?

I know I sure wouldn't.

#263 6 years ago

I don’t know gang. Is it me?

Was I being THAT much of a prick in the message I sent him? Was his response justified?

Seems like we could have made a deal and I could have taken that piece of shit off his hands. Guess not. He wants to talk about bloody rectums, not negotiate on a pinball machine apparently.

F120722A-BDE5-4691-9D99-8D99C045C30F (resized).pngF120722A-BDE5-4691-9D99-8D99C045C30F (resized).png

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm conflicted about this PM.
I kind of appreciate the fact he told you he rather burn the Pinball to the ground and mail you the ashes. Damn!
Levi after you took that IJ that I was 1 person behind on (being you) to probably flip to some local idiot - that didn't leave the best taste in my mouth either but .

Come on dude. I don't see why that "left a bad taste in your mouth," we've all lost out on deals before. You can't take it personally, especially when I did ZERO wrong. I didn't try to screw anybody out of a deal, a game was for sale and I bought it.

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No I know you. I knew you would show up! You're right though. fair play. You got the game. I was just hoping it went to someone who was going to enjoy it for themselves.

I did enjoy it for myself! I enjoyed the fuck out of it for a month, it's a great game and now I'm ready to kick ass on it at a tournament. Then I made a trade and now ANOTHER pinsider is enjoying the fuck out of it, trust me. I even delivered it three hours to make the deal!

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

It's funny you keep calling him a used car salesman. He did actually post he was not a used car salesman. I'm sure he thought you were being an ass by calling him one.

That dude talks about TWO things here - bloody rectal cavities and all of the cars he's sold. You gotta forgive me I just assumed he's a used car salesman.

Or a proctologist I guess?

#279 6 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Starting a PM with “hey Champ” the rest sounds more like:
I’m a douche and let me buy your game chief. If that works big guy we can make this happen. Oh and you deliver it and kiss my ass while you are at it. Then beat it.
I guess being from New York it can rub a person a little.

Ha! Cause Jersey is known as the home of tact!

$1,000 delivered is MORE than fair for that roached game. That's basically $900 plus $100 to cover gas and tolls. Dude has been lecturing us for a day about "the art of the deal" and negotiation, and he doesn't even come up with a counter-offer beyond "bloody rectum?" From the messages he's posted, we already know he's open to delivering a game 3 hours (which is exactly what it would be, not 4).

I guess I should have been nicer? I don't know, based upon his body of work I thought the guy would appreciate my honest and straightforward message. Guess not. Guy can dish it out by the rectum full but can't take it, apparently.

We are gonna buy this sick girl a game to make her recovery at home from major surgery and upcoming chemo a little more bearable. It could have been his game, looks like it'll be someone else's.

PM me offers please, if anybody has a suitable machine. No EMs thinking 1978-1990s stuff (Premier DMD would be perfect), budget not to exceed $1,500. Cosmetics (obviously) not important, but needs to genuinely be 100 percent working, shopped is a plus.

#282 6 years ago

This guy couldn't be reading this situation more poorly. I am 100 percent sincere. We want to buy this game.

scr2 (resized).jpgscr2 (resized).jpg

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I seriously can't tell if you are joking or sincere especially since it's you.
If joking - Pretty funny.
If sincere - Then yeah, I think you were not being reasonable. $1K and asking someone to deliver is not a fair offer in my opinion. Even if the game is only worth $800 or so their is no way in the world I would spend half a day delivering a pinball machine for less than I really wanted to someone who hasn't exactly been friendly to me. If the Op would have kept a calmer head I do think he could have got $1K for this machine. If he was local I would have been interested at that price as everything looks OK except the PF.
If you would have started off with your offer at the start then I would feel otherwise.

I am DEADLY serious about this, I swear. This is still a FS thread isn't it?

And he's already made it clear he's willing to deliver! I wouldn't have considered asking otherwise. I made him a fair offer and he doesn't even want to negotiate.

I guess the guy is more interested in making friends than selling his game? Who cares what I said? It ain't nearly as bad as the shit he's been PMing me, endlessly, for the past hour! I called him a used car salesman, he keeps PMing me telling me to die and do it with a bloody anus. Yikes!!!! And I'm STILL willing to make a deal.

Money talks, bullshit walks. I got money, what does he have?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-sorcerer-6?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.