tellseuss12 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
12728520_558713310960584_1951553779_n[1] (resized).jpg
Well played (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 8.21.35 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 5.11.28 PM (resized).png
images (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Actually it's my thread now, and you are driving MY numbers up. Thanks!
Look, we are just trying to help. We don't go to the used car lot and tell you how to run your business, now do we?

Nah, sorry, bud. See the OP over my avatar?

No matter how much you want it to be, this will NEVER be your thread.

I'll make ya a sweet deal, though. Come buy this from me, I'll give you my login info and then it can be your thread. Your threads will never be this good, I hate to have to tell ya.

#102 6 years ago

That's a shame, pins with original rubbers fetch a huge premium. Typically, the landscape is completely scrambled when you see one for sale.

#103 6 years ago

Yeah I'm thinking when he sold those 12 Lambos he was talking about earlier, he got more money because there were holes in the upholstry, one headlight was out, and the tires were flat.

All original!

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

What does “driving the view numbers up” mean?

If I have to explain that to you, you are undeserving of the answer

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

What does “driving the view numbers up” mean?

If the market value of a pin in lesser condition goes up, usually the value of a nice/restored example of the same title goes up as well. This only tends to happen if the title becomes both scarce and very desirable.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Cool. Just making sure you didn't see anything that I wasn't seeing, and that you have no idea what you're talking about.
Thanks, and good luck with selling your roached Sorcerer.

Thanks for the feedback!

I'll be here if you have anymore.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Your responses are getting worse.

Yet you are and you keep coming back.

I Must be doing something right.

Any publicity is good publicity, right?

#108 6 years ago

Thank you for answering the question ForceFlow

#109 6 years ago

F*ck I've never up-voted CrazyLevi this much before. I need to go for a walk.

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

Any publicity is good publicity, right

Dont think that theory worked for Anthony Wiener or that Senator from Alabama i think who had been accused of pretty haneous acts, pretty sure he lost that election.

But your thread sure has lit pinside on fire and made for great time killing fodder.
And who knows, perhaps you will indeed sell that Sorcerer because of interest this thread generated. Please be sure and donate to pinside accordingly.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

Thanks for the feedback!
I'll be here if you have anymore.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

F*ck I've never up-voted crazylevi this much before. I need to go for a walk.

I thought I felt a strange but pleasant tingling!

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

F*ck I've never up-voted crazylevi this much before.

+1

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

If the market value of a pin in lesser condition goes up, usually the value of a nice/restored example of the same title goes up as well. This only tends to happen if the title becomes both scarce and very desirable.

Well, that's not exactly what I meant by the view numbers going up, I meant the thread view numbers. The more people that view the thread, the more exposure it gets, the more people that see it and the better chance it has a selling. But the other part of your comment is spot on.

It also works the other way; if the top condition example sold for $2500 2 years ago, that means that one can purchase a lesser example and have more wiggle room to put money into refurbishing it, making it more valuable.

If the range used to top out around, say $2,000 or so, but one sold for $2,500 two years ago, that means the value of these units is going up. That means, at $1,200 or $1,300 for an example like mine, one could buy a CPF new playfield for $750 and still be way less than the top value machine.

For all the non used car salespeople (salesman is sexist, you prehistoric a-holes) that is how market driven pricing works.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

Well, that's not exactly what I meant by the view numbers going up, I meant the thread view numbers. But the other part of your comments is spot on.
It also works the other way; if the top condition example sold for $2500 2 years ago, that means that one can purchase a lesser example and have more wiggle room to put money into refurbishing it, making it more valuable.
If the range used to top out around, say $2,000 or so, but one sold for $2,500 two years ago, that means the value of these units is going up. That means, at $1,200 or $1,300 for an example like mine, one could buy a CPF new playfield for $750 and still be way less than the top value machine.
For all the non used car salespeople (salesman is sexist, you prehistoric a-holes) that is how market driven pricing works.

giphy3.gifgiphy3.gif

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

that means the value of these units is going up.

Like Bitcoin?

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

Well, that's not exactly what I meant by the view numbers going up, I meant the thread view numbers. But the other part of your comments is spot on.

That’s exactly what I thought you meant. And that’s why I asked. It didn’t make sense because thread view numbers don’t matter.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I thought I felt a strange but pleasant tingling!

Glad MY thread helped you find your mojo again. Just remember who made that happen for you!

:Waves:

-also, thanks for reporting my post, I appreciate your weak psyche

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

That’s exactly what I thought you meant. And that’s why I asked. It didn’t make sense,because thread view numbers don’t matter.

The only thing that matters is "Cash on the Glass"

GLWS

#120 6 years ago

Are you a member of the wolf pack, too?!

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

^thats

That’s exactly what I thought you meant. And that’s why I asked. It didn’t make sense,because thread view numbers don’t matter.

While they don't matter, per say, they do help bring people to the thread because they see how active/busy it is. Nobody wants to miss out on this great deal!

#122 6 years ago

24z2sm (resized).jpg24z2sm (resized).jpg

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

Thank you for sharing this, not sure why that didn't turn up in my Google search. It does appear to be in great shape.
My machine was labeled as player's condition and used/worn in the original post and I haven't attempted to hide that fact or pass it off as anything it isn't. I was merely going off the sales/ads I did see and posted earlier. I have also reached out to the buyers and sellers of the one listed for $2500 in 2016 to see how that ended up playing out. If that is the tip of the iceberg (even 2 years ago) that greatly impacts the landscape of the value on these. That makes that $1500 unit a steal, even though it has a lot of non-original parts on it.

24z2p0.jpg24z2p0.jpg

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Dont think that theory worked for Anthony Wiener or that Senator from Alabama i think who had been accused of pretty haneous acts, pretty sure he lost that election.
But your thread sure has lit pinside on fire and made for great time killing fodder.
And who knows, perhaps you will indeed sell that Sorcerer because of interest this thread generated. Please be sure and donate to pinside accordingly.

Well, you might be right about the first part, but I'd say we're pretty far away (on the spectrum of reasons for publicity) from those two dudes in regards to wanted or unwanted publicity, wouldn't you say?

#125 6 years ago

24z34o (resized).jpg24z34o (resized).jpg

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

you prehistoric a-holes

Quoted from theguru717:

If I have to explain that to you, you are undeserving of the answer

You might want to consider a PR job with Deeproot or Homepin.

#128 6 years ago

You guys are lame, you report my fun memes, so I can't play too!

raining_david_tennant (resized).pngraining_david_tennant (resized).png

#129 6 years ago

24z3d7 (resized).jpg24z3d7 (resized).jpg

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

You guys are lame, you report my fun memes, so I can't play too!

It doesn’t say anything, so I’m not sure if it’s a meme.

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

You might want to consider a PR job with Deeproot or Homepin.

If theyre paying $1300 for a roached sorcerer as payment then show me where to apply!

#132 6 years ago

Just one.

Wish I had enough for everyone!

JNhU5Tt (resized).pngJNhU5Tt (resized).png

#133 6 years ago

Are you guys the wall keeping me from selling my sorcerer and I'm the train trying to break through the wall of hate/naysayers to sell this awesome machine? Cause if so, I definitely won that battle

#134 6 years ago

This thread is going south in a hurry. Bottom line is very simple the sellers Sorcerer is worth what he can get for it. But seller - or OP - is not helping himself by using the same uneducated logic over and over again. I am in my 60's and have been buying and selling since I was around 12 years old. Talk is cheap - 'cash on the glass" is when you know you have a serious buyer.

If OP has any sense if someone puts $1000 "cash on the glass" he will grab it. But I have a feeling he isn't that smart. Bottom line is OP is in for a long wait if he expects much over $1000 for that machine with playfield in that condition. If he can prove me wrong good for him but my experience tells me $1000 is the "right" number for that machine. Anything less someone is getting a good deal and anything more the seller has made out very well.

Again - in a free market society people can ask what ever they want when selling something. They will know the "right price" when that item actually sells. What isn't smart is "fighting with your potential customers". Most people here on Pinside will visit this post before going to look at this machine - seller using the logic that LED's and a good shop job with new flipper rubbers hurts the value of a machine isn't going to help him any.

And to the OP - if one person tells you something never believe them but if 50 people tell you something it might be a good idea to hear what they are trying to tell you.

#136 6 years ago

Sorry, but you don’t understand Pinside. When we see a simple for sale ad blow up with 100+ posts in a short period of time, we know a shitstorm is in progress. It has nothing to do with views helping the sale, it’s about the entertainment value you are providing.

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

This thread is going south in a hurry. Bottom line is very simple the sellers Sorcerer is worth what he can get for it. But seller - or OP - is not helping himself by using the same uneducated logic over and over again. I am in my 60's and have been buying and selling since I was around 12 years old. Talk is cheap - 'cash on the glass" is when you know you have a serious buyer.
If OP has any sense if someone puts $1000 "cash on the glass" he will grab it. But I have a feeling he isn't that smart. Bottom line is OP is in for a long wait if he expects much over $1000 for that machine with playfield in that condition. If he can prove me wrong good for him but my experience tells me $1000 is the "right" number for that machine. Anything less someone is getting a good deal and anything more the seller has made out very well.
Again - in a free market society people can ask what ever they want when selling something. They will know the "right price" when that item actually sells. What isn't smart is "fighting with your potential customers". Most people here on Pinside will visit this post before going to look at this machine - seller using the logic that LED's and a good shop job with new flipper rubbers hurts the value of a machine isn't going to help him any.
And to the OP - if one person tells you something never believe them but if 50 people tell you something it might be a good idea to hear what they are trying to tell you.

Thanks again for another detailed reply.

I have already mentioned that I would take $1,000 "cash on the glass" to a serious local buyer. I even invited you to come check it out and give your opinion on the machine. You didn't even acknowledge the offer.

Anyone who has ever sold anything knows that if I ask $1,000 for it, the offers top out at 6, 7 or $800. But, it's worth more than that, as many people here in this thread have stated it is easily a $1,000 unit. If I ask $1,200 or $1,300 I will get more offers in the range I would take for the machine($1,000 - $1,200 which, again, several people have stated it falls within that range)

I have done nothing but provide information supporting why I have priced it the way I have. Everyone else seems to be having a conniption because I am trying to get as much as I can for it.

Again, I have been completely straight-forward about this machine, what kind of condition it's in and what I would accept for it.

Thanks, everyone, for showing me exactly what a bunch of crotchety old, gaming snobs the pinside community is.

#139 6 years ago

Why haven't you accepted one of your multiple $1200 offers yet? This shoulda sold already!

#140 6 years ago

Is this thread done yet? I think I am going to beat my head against the wall. That should be better than this.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

Thanks, everyone, for showing me exactly what a bunch of crotchety old, gaming snobs the pinside community is.

With your ending that statement my $1000 offer is now off the table.

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

Thanks again for another detailed reply.
I have already mentioned that I would take $1,000 "cash on the glass" to a serious local buyer. I even invited you to come check it out and give your opinion on the machine. You didn't even acknowledge the offer.
Anyone who has ever sold anything knows that if I ask $1,000 for it, the offers top out at 6, 7 or $800. But, it's worth more than that, as many people here in this thread have stated it is easily a $1,000 unit. If I ask $1,200 or $1,300 I will get more offers in the range I would take for the machine($1,000 - $1,200 which, again, several people have stated it falls within that range)
I have done nothing but provide information supporting why I have priced it the way I have. Everyone else seems to be having a conniption because I am trying to get as much as I can for it.
Again, I have been completely straight-forward about this machine, what kind of condition it's in and what I would accept for it.

Everyone was trying to help you. Then you started to call a community, you know nothing about, a bunch of uncalled for things. You don't know when to stop beating a dead horse. And just because you built and sold a XJ21 Honda jerkmeoff for 28 grand, no one here cares! Stop being a self important prick!

#143 6 years ago

Would you take 2,000 for the game?

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

With your ending that statement my $1000 offer is now off the table.

817037A1-18FA-4AE3-946A-768A8C8B3BC0 (resized).png817037A1-18FA-4AE3-946A-768A8C8B3BC0 (resized).png

#145 6 years ago

Crotchety old gaming snobs? Really? That’s what you see?

More accurate is a bunch of puppet masters with warped senses of humor have been leading you around for our pleasure. Keep taking the bait, i’m Getting over the flu and pretty bored.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Why haven't you accepted one of your multiple $1200 offers yet? This shoulda sold already!

Well, the $1300 offer(which was real, as you can see in this thread) was made by a scumbag game flipper who flaked when he found that he couldn't make any money off of it. He has, self admittedly, bought and sold 24 machines in 12 months. So, of course he is going to talk the machine down as much as possible and try to get the lowest price possible.

Even he said it was worth $800 and he is the type of scumbag that wants to pay as little as possible to make as much profit as possible on his end. It's funny that i had to get "verified" to prevent the exact type of thing he has been doing on this forum for at least a year now.

I'm just here trying to get the $1,000 that this is worth (as previously stated by multiple people in this thread-whether they have retracted their offer or not) and give someone a great machine who wants to relive some memories.

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

So I guess it has been established that the OP is full of crap when he stated that he has two offers for $1200. Lying to and putting down your potential buyer does not seem to be the best way to sell this "nice unit" very quickly.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

So I guess it has been established that the OP is full of crap when he stated that he has two offers for $1200. Lying to and putting down your potential buyer does not seem to be the best way to sell this "nice unit" very quickly.

Yep and then he tried to turn this into eBay with his lies.

#149 6 years ago

Hey guys! Quick update on what everyone is wondering about...."How in the heck is Gryszzz doin?"
Well, pretty good. Finally got my fat ass back in the gym yesterday and even started cardio! Went back today cause only 60% of my body was sore, and I'm an all or nothing kinda guy.
Anywho....guess who I ran into today dropping the kiddo off at the YMCA kids club?
Jesse freakin Eisenberg! I've been preparing for this for some time now and luckily had a speech ready which sounded an awful lot like "Ayyye! What's up man?"
To which replied "Hey! Not much. How ya doin?"
So be jealous Pinside, be very jealous. Me and my buddy Jesse bro'd down today with some deep thoughts and crayons underfoot.

#150 6 years ago

Thread should be retitled; "How not to sell a pinball machine."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-sorcerer-6/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.