tellseuss12 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
12728520_558713310960584_1951553779_n[1] (resized).jpg
Well played (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 8.21.35 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 5.11.28 PM (resized).png
images (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

highly original pin with character.

Just a suggestion, Quit trying to sell this forum on the "character", most of the members here define "patina" as rust, as this isn't American Pickers and character means it has seen better days.
Just sell the machine for what it is.
Pinside is not the place to embellish a machines value, real or perceived, Save That for cl, eBay and Facebook market place.

GLWS

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

So says you. I feel that providing evidence of machines that are asking MORE than my price, even some several years old, help to kick people in the ass and let them know the market is trending upward on this machine. Again, Williams isn't making any more of these and clearly, as per Google, these aren't coming up for sale all that often. Someone out there is going to see and agree that the asking price is fair/reasonable.
Screw it then - The playfield is hideous but the rest of the machine looks nice. If you should sell it for the $1200 you were offered and run.

I highly doubt there was a $1200 offer (or anything even close to that) knowing the pinball market in this area. As OP says he is trying to be a salesman & trying to "hype" his way to a higher value on his machine. Sadly for him the pinball world doesn't work that way or at least the pinball world in Central PA I have been part of for the past dozen years or so.

Most people looking to drop down hundreds - if not thousands - of dollars on a pinball machine tend to do their homework. Especially when you are posting something for sale on a forum that is for nothing but pinball. I am just hoping the seller realized once a machine becomes "toxic" no one will buy it at any price. Machines tend to either sell quickly at a "fair" price or sit forever unsold. I have seen some machines listed on Craig's List & eBay sitting unsold for several years. Their price wasn't that far out of line but after something has been for sale for a while people start to assume "there has to be something wrong with it our it would have been sold by now".

Again speaking from experience as a buyer & seller of collectible hobby type stuff for over 50 years - if OP gets a "fair offer" he would be smart selling it. But if not that is entire up to him!

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

The playfield is hideous but the rest of the machine looks nice. If you were offered $1200 then take that money and run.

As someone who is in the market for a Sorcerer for about 6-8 months & have been watching them sell here & there, I agree.

I saw this ad originally & noticed the Harrisburg Addy (easy 2 hour drive for me) & thought about it... But the PF is just a little rougher than I would like. I'll wait & find one with nicer PF for more $ in future. I don't "need" another game right now, I need to finish several restorations I have currently in process. I should have bought the Sorcerer that was at York, I think it was $1600ish, but I was going on an expensive Colorado hunting trip a few weeks after York in October & decided not to.

IMO that machine is worth somewhere between $1000-$1200, it is very nice other than the PF, which can obviously be dealt with, it's just a matter of how much time/$ will it take to make the PF as nice as the rest of the game? Well that's the difference between it being a $1200 game or a $1600+ game.

I think $1300 in this market especially 2 months before Allentown, is on the very high side. I think at this time of year in PA, $1200 would be good deal for seller...

Either way, good luck... I'm much more of a fan of late '70s Early Solid State machines, but every Sorcerer I have played, has been a blast & It is the newest machine I have ever had any interest in owning.

#54 6 years ago

I completely agree. If only the pf was in better condition. I’d wait and spend more money for a pf that was better. Just my 2 cents.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

So, it does appear that a small piece of clear vinyl/plastic was installed over the worst part of wear (right above the red 2X, 3X, and 5X multipliers). But that has been there as long as I can remember and was likely installed by Americal Amusement, in Lancaster, PA before we bought it.
Yes, if I were the one who was having this serviced, I would have requested a nice Brazilian wax job and some upgraded balls, as well. Unfortunately, my parents are not the type to know anything about that.

I agree a Brazilian wax and a shiny new sack of balls would have worked wonders

#56 6 years ago

I was gonna pay 1300 for this to be delivered to central nj..then seller got rude ..don't Think he has any clue that 1300 is 500 more than it's worth

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I do regret selling mine (that was in near perfect condition) for $1100. Had I kept it for another couple years I might have gotten $1400 to $1600 for it today. But if you get over a $1000 cash in hand for that machine you have done very well in today's market.

If yours was near-perfect (with no real wear on the playfield) I bet you could get $2k for it today. There's always a premium for super-nice original machines, especially from the era before clear coat. Someone buying this machine at $1000 plus a CPR playfield (if/when they ever make 'em) would be out $1700 and would still have to do the swap. I'd happily pay the extra $300 for a nice original playfield and to avoid the tears of a playfield swap.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

I was gonna pay 1300 for this to be delivered to central nj..then seller got rude ..don't Think he has any clue that 1300 is 500 more than it's worth

Shocker. I'd expect a deal with this seller to go super smooth.

#59 6 years ago

I would shy away from Pinside to sell this and try Craigslist. All kinds of suckers out there who might give you $1300 for it.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

The days of decent player's Sorcerers for $800 are past and gone. $1000 for this machine would be fair. $1300 is a premium, but if he's delivering, that's worth a couple of hundred to most of us. But rudeness in either direction can kill any deal.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

You wanted a player's sorcerer (which is what this is) and went from immediately offering me my asking price of $1300 dropped off at your house 3 hours away(which was something I originally wasn't going to, but was making an exception for you, which is very nice for a seller to even think about, considering how not-easy these things are to move around) to immediately backing out saying you wanted to wait a week and see what happens. I told you the same thing I previously said in this thread; the pinball crowd is tough, I've had an easier time selling highly modified cars for 20X the price of this pin and with less flakes(which is what you did).

I'm sorry that offended you, but you flaked.

As previously mentioned in this thread, I am being completely open and honest with this sale and everyone I come in contact with regarding it. If you're a flake, I'm gonna call you a flake

#62 6 years ago

Just hoping this guy sells the game so he can officially exit the pinball scene.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The days of decent player's Sorcerers for $800 are passed and gone. $1000 for this machine would be fair. $1300 is a premium, but if he's delivering, that's worth a couple of hundred to most of us. But rudeness in either direction can kill any deal.

Yup. These guys are all stuck in the past with pricing or stuck on wholesale/liquidation pricing(crazy Levi).

Again, find another one of these for sale right now, in completely functional condition with a comparable condition cabinet and glass/speakers/stand and nearly all other original parts for a better price than $1200-$1300. If you do, I'd buy it, because those prices people are throwing out(with no proof whatsoever, btw) are recession prices and collectibles/luxury items are back on the up swing. All of the for sale threads I linked previously (whether the haters like it or not) are far more evidence of my price being justified than their suggested prices being right.

This may be the first pinball machine/collectible/hobby item I've attempted selling, but it's certainly not my first sale. I've sold 2 dozen cars and bikes in the past 16 years, ranging from 1973 Toyota Corollas and 1972 Triumph TR-6s to 1981 Honda CBs and Gullwings all the way up to fully-built 500whp Honda S2000 race cars and 400whp Subaru STi streetcars. Luxury and collectible items are driven by auction prices and previous sale prices. So far, I have yet to see anyone supply anything other than heresay as to the prices they are suggesting.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Just hoping this guy sells the game so he can officially exit the pinball scene.

First one to come and pay me cash will have the great honor of being know as the one who banished theguru717 from pinside forever. I promise, when that happens, I'm out.

#65 6 years ago

I buy all my pins wholesale, at the pinball wholesale warehouse. Their prices are insane!

636092348763700587-CrazyEddie (resized).jpg636092348763700587-CrazyEddie (resized).jpg

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

So far, I have yet to see anyone supply anything other than heresay as to the prices they are suggesting.

Machine - For Sale
Sorcerer Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Nice working Sorcerer. Perfect backglass. Leds. Works 100% Minimal playfield wear. Normal cab wear. Solid game. No NAVL/STI shipping, Uship only. STI will not pick up from my addre...”
2018-02-17
Sunset, SC
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 123 times
Contributed to Pinside
Sold for $1500 3 days ago. Much nicer than yours. Take a look at the photos, then look at yours.

Boards/electronics/mechanisms can be repaired or replaced. Plastics can usually be replaced. Worn play fields (down to the wood like yours) are a PITA. You either just deal with it and call it a players condition machine (which isn't worth 1300) or you end up sinking a lot of time and money to fix it.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

I buy all my pins wholesale, at the pinball wholesale warehouse. Their prices are insane!

LMAO!

Quoted from theguru717:

I've sold 2 dozen cars and bikes in the past 16 years, ranging from 1973 Toyota Corollas and 1972 Triumph TR-6s to 1981 Honda CBs and Gullwings all the way up to fully-built 500whp Honda S2000 race....

This would explain why I'm reminded of a used car salesman.

#68 6 years ago

I think all pinball machines are way overpriced, period.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

I think all pinball machines are way overpriced, period.

Even EMs?! Come on those tend to bargains.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Shocker. I'd expect a deal with this seller to go super smooth.

This sale will go perfectly smooth for a serious buyer, with cash in hand and no flaking tendencies.

Thanks again for visiting the thread, always a pleasure to see your highly pertinent input.

#71 6 years ago

As much fun as this is to watch, theguru717 I think you've gotten enough feedback to get the gist of what people here feel it's worth.

If you have offers in your ballpark, just take them and be done with it. All of us here have heard tons of "waiting for my wife to say OK" or "Ill call you back" or whatever, so if someone makes you an offer, get cash in hand and get it done!

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Even EMs?! Come on those tend to bargains.

That's because no one wants them

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

That's because no one wants them

False. I just bought one yesterday.

#74 6 years ago

What did you pay??

#75 6 years ago

TWO machines, 1 was sorcerer UNSOLD...:

ebay.com link: 0

Some folks also start a thread asking for input before throwing something out to see what sticks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/value-check-whirlwind-and-lost-world

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-top-score-300

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-huo-demo-man

Ok, Here is a guy looking for your machine:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-2

This site is a valuable resource when used properly.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from bpa:

Archived after 3 days 123 views Sold for $ 1,500 Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
SorcererArchivedUsed - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Nice working Sorcerer.
Perfect backglass.
Leds.
Works 100%
Minimal playfield wear.
Normal cab wear.
Solid game.
No NAVL/STI shipping, Uship only. STI will not pick up from my addre...”
2018-02-17 Sunset, SC 1,500
Player1

Sold for $1500 3 days ago. Much nicer than yours. Take a look at the photos, then look at yours.
Boards/electronics/mechanisms can be repaired or replaced. Plastics can usually be replaced. Worn play fields (down to the wood like yours) are a PITA. You either just deal with it and call it a players condition machine (which isn't worth 1300) or you end up sinking a lot of time and money to fix it.

Thank you for sharing this, not sure why that didn't turn up in my Google search. It does appear to be in great shape.

My machine was labeled as player's condition and used/worn in the original post and I haven't attempted to hide that fact or pass it off as anything it isn't. I was merely going off the sales/ads I did see and posted earlier. I have also reached out to the buyers and sellers of the one listed for $2500 in 2016 to see how that ended up playing out. If that is the tip of the iceberg (even 2 years ago) that greatly impacts the landscape of the value on these. That makes that $1500 unit a steal, even though it has a lot of non-original parts on it.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

What did you pay??

What I pay for every nice EM - $400-$1500.

Stop griping and start flipping. Everybody thinks pinball is "overpriced" when all they want are A-list games.

#78 6 years ago

Stand by for the landscape to be greatly impacted, pending some dude's old sale post.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

TWO machines, 1 was sorcerer UNSOLD...:
ebay.com link
Some folks also start a thread asking for input before throwing something out to see what sticks.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/value-check-whirlwind-and-lost-world
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-top-score-300
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-huo-demo-man
Ok, Here is a guy looking for your machine:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-2
This site is a valuable resource when used properly.

So, you post links checking values on a bunch of machines that AREN'T sorcerer machines (when I posted, earlier, links for price checks ON sorcerer machines) and a link to the guy that previously flaked out on me.

You also posted an eBay ad that ended for two machines, one of them not a sorcerer and in pieces, with little to no description on the sorcerer. Great. My FS ad has tons of detailed pictures and is highly descriptive.

Seems like you need to learn how to use the forum (and read) before posting.

#80 6 years ago

Are you and (crazy Levi) done fighting?

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Stand by for the landscape to be greatly impacted, pending some dude's old sale post.

I know that if I owned a top condition example of one of these machines and that sale happened at that price($2,500), 2 years ago, that would greatly factor in to how I priced/valued mine. That's how market demand works.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

Yup. These guys are all stuck in the past with pricing or stuck on wholesale/liquidation pricing(crazy Levi).
Again, find another one of these for sale right now, in completely functional condition with a comparable condition cabinet and glass/speakers/stand and nearly all other original parts for a better price than $1200-$1300. If you do, I'd buy it, because those prices people are throwing out(with no proof whatsoever, btw) are recession prices and collectibles/luxury items are back on the up swing. All of the for sale threads I linked previously (whether the haters like it or not) are far more evidence of my price being justified than their suggested prices being right.
This may be the first pinball machine/collectible/hobby item I've attempted selling, but it's certainly not my first sale. I've sold 2 dozen cars and bikes in the past 16 years, ranging from 1973 Toyota Corollas and 1972 Triumph TR-6s to 1981 Honda CBs and Gullwings all the way up to fully-built 500whp Honda S2000 race cars and 400whp Subaru STi streetcars. Luxury and collectible items are driven by auction prices and previous sale prices. So far, I have yet to see anyone supply anything other than heresay as to the prices they are suggesting.

I found one. He’s asking $1500. His playfield is 10x better than yours, original boards are in excellent shape, and he’s shopping it. Oh, and he’s not an arrogant d-bag.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Are you and (crazy Levi) done fighting

I'm not fighting anyone.

Crazy Levi has yet to provide examples of his $800 players condition sorcerer machines.

I'm still waiting for his gold standard of valuation to be proven as fact.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

My machine was labeled as player's condition and used/worn in the original post and I haven't attempted to hide that fact or pass it off as anything it isn't.

I'm glad you didn't attempted to hide that playfield wear. That could have been embarrassing if someone looked close enough and found it on their own.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

I found one. He’s asking $1500. His playfield is 10x better than yours, original boards are in excellent shape, and he’s shopping it. Oh, and he’s not an arrogant d-bag.

Cool story, sport.

Evidence driven statements are much stronger than baseless heresay.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

So, you post links checking values on a bunch of machines that AREN'T sorcerer machines

Dude, I was trying to assist you on your quest to use this resource to sell your parents pinball machine
Meanwhile you continue to try and sell "ice to eskimos"
My examples are that of pinside etiquette if you failed to see that then you need more help than I can offer.
Your taking all this crap way too personally, your in used car sales right? You know it is just business!
Stop, read the comments and try and head the advise that has been offered.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

I'm not fighting anyone.
Crazy Levi has yet to provide examples of his $800 players condition sorcerer machines.
I'm still waiting for his gold standard of valuation to be proven as fact.

All I said is that I'd never pay your asking price for your game and that I think you are asking way too much, and that your used car salesman act is getting old. Based upon the "evidence" - the fact that you haven't had any luck in selling your game, and that the posts from people who you have annoyed are piling up - I'd say my valuation has been proven accurate.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I'm glad you haven't attempted to hide that playfield wear. That could have been embarrassing if someone looked close enough and found it on their own.

I'm just glad you're glad.

I'm also glad that you can read and post and that you read well enough to know that I clearly explained that in my first post and was not at all attempting to hide that fact.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

Cool story, sport.
Evidence driven statements are much stronger than baseless heresay.

Here you go, sport.
Just talked to him, $1300. Anyone interested let me know

4F029C0F-1294-4B56-9821-154C460E1188 (resized).jpeg4F029C0F-1294-4B56-9821-154C460E1188 (resized).jpeg

E6CC112C-740A-4DD2-A29C-75410B9A3337 (resized).jpegE6CC112C-740A-4DD2-A29C-75410B9A3337 (resized).jpeg

6988464B-2888-49EB-BD35-0E5264E5BD41 (resized).jpeg6988464B-2888-49EB-BD35-0E5264E5BD41 (resized).jpeg

B2121330-0281-49C1-A215-B3898E84FFBE (resized).jpegB2121330-0281-49C1-A215-B3898E84FFBE (resized).jpeg

F123CC03-988F-46D0-8E74-19AACB6ABF8C (resized).jpegF123CC03-988F-46D0-8E74-19AACB6ABF8C (resized).jpeg

3328797E-363D-4BB8-8547-8CF1C9AAC9C5 (resized).jpeg3328797E-363D-4BB8-8547-8CF1C9AAC9C5 (resized).jpeg

C55DED02-24C5-40A3-A030-C33B81A0ABCA (resized).jpegC55DED02-24C5-40A3-A030-C33B81A0ABCA (resized).jpeg

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Dude, I was trying to assist you on your quest to use this resource to sell your parents pinball machine
Meanwhile you continue to try and sell "ice to eskimos"
My examples are that of pinside etiquette if you failed to see that then you need more help than I can offer.
Your taking all this crap way too personally, your in used car sales right? You know it is just business!
Stop, read the comments and try and head the advise that has been offered.

Thanks for the input.

Just so there is no confusion, I am not a used car salesman.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

That makes that $1500 unit a steal, even though it has a lot of non-original parts on it.

Can you explain what you're talking about here? Or give some examples of the non-original parts in the $1500 machine?

#92 6 years ago

If it were priced right, it would have been sold in 10 minutes and this discussion would not have happened.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And you have yet to provide any examples of me saying I would provide any examples of anything to you.
All I said is that I'd never pay your asking price for your game, and that your used car salesman act is getting old. Based upon the "evidence" - the fact that you haven't had any luck in selling your game, and that the posts from people who you have annoyed are piling up - I'd say that's all been proven fact.

Getting old? And yet here you are still visiting my thread, driving the view numbers up.

As you said yourself, pins are tough to sell. This has been on the market for 5 days. Not in any rush here.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

Getting old? And yet here you are still visiting my thread, driving the view numbers up.
As you said yourself, pins are tough to sell. This has been on the market for 5 days. Not in any rush here.

Actually it's my thread now, and you are driving MY numbers up. Thanks!

Look, we are just trying to help. We don't go to the used car lot and tell you how to run your business, now do we?

All credit given, that is an awesome Batman pic!

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Here you go, sport.
Just talked to him, $1300. Anyone interested let me know

Pictures of a sorcerer pin are not a for sale ad or auction.

That being said, you'd better go scoop it up, these things are obviously very popular!

#96 6 years ago

What does “driving the view numbers up” mean?

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Can you explain what you're talking about here? Or give some examples of the non-original parts in the $1500 machine?

Rubbers and flippers don't appear to be original. Has LEDs, nuts golind plastics on don't appear to be original, etc.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

Rubbers and flippers don't appear to be original. Has LEDs, nuts golind plastics on don't appear to be original, etc.

Cool. Just making sure you didn't see anything that I wasn't seeing, and that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Thanks, and good luck with selling your roached Sorcerer.

#99 6 years ago

Would you take $800 delivered to WI?

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from theguru717:

Rubbers and flippers don't appear to be original. Has LEDs

Your responses are getting worse.

There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-sorcerer-6/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.