Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.
Added: September 3rd, 2021
Ended: September 12th, 2021
Condition: Partially restored (almost original)
$ 3,250 (OBO)
Open for offers
1981 Williams Solar Fire working project game. I started doing a complete restore on this and decided I just have too many projects I'm working on right now and I could use the space. So, I'm going to see if anyone's interested in continuing the restoration on this great game. I'll try to point out all the pros and cons of the game in detail below so you can make an informed decision.
- Brand new CPR backglass installed with new lift channel and new plastic trim sides and top
- Brand new legs, levelers, bolts
- Game did not have playfield mylar so it won't need to be removed (and no potential loss of artwork)
- Playfield and cabinet are in nice shape with strong colors and will touch up easily (if you choose to go that route)
- Game boots and plays
- Sound works
- All switches seem to work
- Drop targets are complete and all work
- All the insert and backbox lights are working
- Playfield GI is working (haven't verified every playfield bulb because I haven't removed the plastics yet)
- All new 2smd Comet sunlight bulbs in the head and all inserts
- Original game manual, parts supplement, and instruction booklet
- Plastics all look nice. Top right plastic has a crack and a chip but it's a clean break and can be repaired
- All displays look great
- Remote mount battery pack installed
- It's a working project game, not a completely restored masterpiece (although it has that potential)
- Normal maintenance and possibly other things will need to be done (connectors rebuilt and/or reflowed, capacitors checked, fuse values verified, recommended fixes performed, etc.) to bulletproof the game
- playfield GI and coin door are still incandescent but I'll include extra 2smd Comet sunlight LED's to finish those
- Drop targets will need new decals (as they're all gone)
- Players 1 & 2 displays show some artifacts occasionally. If you swap the displays with 3 & 4, 1 & 2 still show the occasional artifacts so the issue is not the displays themselves. The problem is likely a connector at the display board, a bad cap, or something like that. I tried to capture it in one of the pics, but it's hard to see.
Solar Fire is a low production game (only 782 produced, how many are left?) that you don't see too often. It's also usually pretty beat. This one is in nice, restorable condition.
I prefer local pickup so you can inspect the game in person, but I'd be happy to ship Beltmann/STI or another carrier that can pick up the game (easy loading). I can ship with the legs on or off, however you prefer. I believe Beltmann/STI is still doing 2 for 1 shipping, so if you're interested take a look at my collection and I may sell another game to help with your overall shipping costs. Local trades considered but prefer an outright sale due to space. Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you need more pics or a better description of anything.
Thanks for looking!
Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!
The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.
Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!