0E6E86A6-BB8E-4AAB-9A2B-D54501F0D38B (resized).jpeg
744F1E48-1366-4071-8067-35F123756EEE (resized).jpeg
A4D47D22-6275-4ED8-8896-C3D98DF3F695 (resized).jpeg
590E1E4A-B7D2-4C35-ABC9-4EF34D7E44D2 (resized).jpeg
63EFEC6E-9567-40E1-A789-9D108768BB3A (resized).jpeg
BE2B5805-DC5D-4BA3-9A14-BE2F6FA08578 (resized).jpeg
67CFAB96-2959-405D-8603-695C4AE5BF6F (resized).jpeg
B65D0B89-0467-4AA3-82CB-48B9023471A7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you probably will sell it if you go back and do the LED's correctly.

Will you stop with LED bashing? We like it, also we get it that you like the cool white everywhere, that's fine. Geez.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Turboghia:

Thanks. Warm/cool white combo LEDs it is. I appreciate the help

Don't listen to that. Have you played a game with all cool or warm lights in it? It's like playing a game with a big fluorescent light in the PF. These guys' sense of aesthetics are a bit off. You do what you like to your game, after all, it's your machine.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

He's not bashing LEDs. He's saying it needs "work". Over all the game looks very dark which doesn't really fit a colorful cartoon theme does it? Also some of the color combinations are off. For instance the blue LEDS under homer on the backglass are giving his skin tone a pinkish hue.

I agree, the colors are off, I wouldn't have done that, but the game will absolutely look good with color leds in the GI. Just not the strong blues. I personally think cool or warm light don't add any atmosphere to the game.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Did you even read my posts above or bother to look real close at his pictures? There's so much incorrect color washing throughout the game, the art no longer makes sense. Bushes are supposed to be green, not purple. The Simpsons are yellow, not purple. And purple washing a PF where the're no purple used at all doesn't add to the game at all. Factor in that the PF background is black and that there aren't any spotlights and DE Simpsons is a dark game. Using darker colored LEDs as GI makes it hard to see the ball.
Also, he asked about what others think. It may be his game now, but he's trying to NOT make it his game by process of selling it. It's a fun DE title, priced right where it should be, yet it's been sitting unsold in a very densely populated area. Perhaps those pictures are turning some off and something a bit more "neutral" and camera-friendly would help sell it quicker.
FFS, do you also yell at your real estate agent when trying to sell your unsold house for months and she kindly suggests that maybe magenta house paint may be keeping feet from coming through the door?
Anyways, bump for OP and a fun game.

Sorry if I came on too strong with my comment. I agree the light under the bushes should have been green, white under the characters, but the if matched correctly the with the plastics the game would pop much more than incandescents or just plain warm whites. Save those for EMs.

@Neo, I realize that I picked the wrong game to make my point. This guy judging from his posting history is a flipper and he probably ran out of correct bulbs and put blues everywhere before posting this ad. But you don't miss a chance to criticize games with color LEDs. I've seen pics of the games you have posted, none of them had any color LEDs in them...so far.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you can't use colored under the bushes either, because it directly effects the graphics on the playfield as well.
Think of it like this. If you ever developed black and white film in your life, you will know what it's like to be in a dark room with the red light on. Now take any picture in there that has anything but red and black on it. Any color beyond those 2, will be destroyed. If you have greens and reds in the art, you wont' even be able to tell the difference between the two. If there is white in the art. It has now turned the white into red, which the white now mushes with red, making it look like more red. This hold true with all colors.
The ONLY way you can get away with a color LED in a GI position, is if...and only if. That area has:
1. Plastic above it is 1 solid color or 1 solid color with only black
2. Area is completely surrounded so no light can escape out the sides and project on the playfield, or projects into a all black area of the field.
or
you are lighting a black deep tunnel, where you couldn't see any art anyway, and playfield is solid black anyway. (like under the mini playfield on SOF.

You redeemed me with this post, Of course, green would look good under the bushes plastic and red under the slings. Your taste would work great for EMs.

Here is a game with mindless cool whites in it vs color:

Simpsons3 (resized).jpgSimpsons3 (resized).jpg

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the white looks soooooo much better. Notice how you can actually see the playfield on the one in white. The other one would be almost unplayable in a dimly lit room. IF those are cool whites, they should be done in warm white. Most of the plastics are red/yellow. Both warm spectrum colors. It will compliment them much better than cool will.

Again, thanks for making my point. I rest my case.......... here are a couple of my games:

P1030817 (resized).JPGP1030817 (resized).JPG

P1040290 (resized).JPGP1040290 (resized).JPG

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

bk2k looks horrible on the lower half of the field.

Neo, you don't know jack....stick with woodrails.

#31 6 years ago

I wager that you and Haymaker are in the minority here...put up a poll and with all cool whites vs colors in GI and the losers will donate 50 bucks to Pinside.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you don't want to make that wager. I put up a big discussion and and explanation on facebook about the right and wrong ways to do LED lighting in a pinball machine. All veterans of pinball agreed. Only ones who disagree are some of the newer guys that only been here for 5 years or less, and Stevie Wonder gave it a thumbs down. You would be surprised how many people hate it when people LED like this.

Lol...see that's what I'm talking about..... "All veterans of pinball agreed" Bunch of old farts : )

297 (resized).png297 (resized).png

#47 6 years ago

You can also save some money and leave the incandescents in there and just hang a fluorescent light over the game.

#49 6 years ago

I hear ya, this is a clash of taste or preferences. There is no right or wrong, if either philosophy is implemented correctly. I don't play with the lights off, so colored GI LEDs under plastics does not bother me. These other gents, however, like to see the ball clearly and maybe it's preferential in league meets and such. I don't have those restrictions. I like my DM blue and I like my FT green. It fits the theme better for me. I never cared for as you put it the operating room look. Here are some old pics:

P1040304 (resized).JPGP1040304 (resized).JPG

MET-i (resized).jpgMET-i (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-simpsons-the-7?tu=kvan99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.