0E6E86A6-BB8E-4AAB-9A2B-D54501F0D38B (resized).jpeg
744F1E48-1366-4071-8067-35F123756EEE (resized).jpeg
A4D47D22-6275-4ED8-8896-C3D98DF3F695 (resized).jpeg
590E1E4A-B7D2-4C35-ABC9-4EF34D7E44D2 (resized).jpeg
63EFEC6E-9567-40E1-A789-9D108768BB3A (resized).jpeg
BE2B5805-DC5D-4BA3-9A14-BE2F6FA08578 (resized).jpeg
67CFAB96-2959-405D-8603-695C4AE5BF6F (resized).jpeg
B65D0B89-0467-4AA3-82CB-48B9023471A7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#7 6 years ago

you probably will sell it if you go back and do the LED's correctly.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Will you stop with LED bashing? We like it, also we get it that you like the cool white everywhere, that's fine. Geez.

no, it looks like shit every time. People need to stop doing this. Others are tricking other people that it looks ok or fine. It does not, and never does. There is a science behind it. If you want your games to look good. I mean truly good, you have to fully understand how lights and color work together. Not only for 1 color in the area, but every color in the area, both on the playfield and plastics. I sent him a PM explaining in detail how to make this game look fantastic.

As other suggested, Since most of the plastics are red. That falls into the Warm or daylight/sunlight white section. Reds, yellows, and oranges primarily benefit from warm whites. 2smb's for areas you really want to light intense. 1smb for little less light.

Cool white (bluish hue) works well if you have all blue, green or purple in the surrounding area.

for backboxes, you want the dimmer whites, as you want to cut down on backglass glare as much as you can. I pull all bulbs out except 6 or 7, and space them out over the backglass panel. Most people cannot tell all the bulbs are almost gone, and cuts backglass glare down by at least 80%.

#19 6 years ago

you can't use colored under the bushes either, because it directly effects the graphics on the playfield as well.

Think of it like this. If you ever developed black and white film in your life, you will know what it's like to be in a dark room with the red light on. Now take any picture in there that has anything but red and black on it. Any color beyond those 2, will be destroyed. If you have greens and reds in the art, you wont' even be able to tell the difference between the two. If there is white in the art. It has now turned the white into red, which the white now mushes with red, making it look like more red. This hold true with all colors.

The ONLY way you can get away with a color LED in a GI position, is if...and only if. That area has:

1. Plastic above it is 1 solid color or 1 solid color with only black
2. Area is completely surrounded so no light can escape out the sides and project on the playfield, or projects into a all black area of the field.
or
you are lighting a black deep tunnel, where you couldn't see any art anyway, and playfield is solid black anyway. (like under the mini playfield on SOF.

Maybe i'm more passionate about the raping of art by improper use of color because i'm a professional artist. But there isn't an artist around that doesn't consider this an abomination to art. When it comes to colors, light and art, I think we are the experts, and if we don't say something, who will? It would be like, going to a museum, and seeing the Mona Lisa with a Green or purple spot light on her. That person would deserve a kick in the crotch.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

You redeemed me with this post, Of course, green would look good under the bushes plastic and red under the slings. Your taste would work great for EMs.
Here is a game with mindless cool whites in it vs color:

the white looks soooooo much better. Notice how you can actually see the playfield on the one in white. The other one would be almost unplayable in a dimly lit room. IF those are cool whites, they should be done in warm white. Most of the plastics are red/yellow. Both warm spectrum colors. It will compliment them much better than cool will.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Again, thanks for making my point. I rest my case.......... here are a couple of my games:

bk2k looks horrible on the lower half of the field. and the extreme top.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Again, thanks for making my point. I rest my case.......... here are a couple of my games:

really? Now you are just screwing with me. you think this looks good? You have to be fawking with me now. Good one...you got me.

With it dark outside, and the room dimly lit. This game would be absolutely unplayable. If you used it for a tournament or league, everyone would be bitching they can't see the damn ball.

5f1adef23e605cd4e05f7a738ed01ebe8bc91e0e (resized).jpg5f1adef23e605cd4e05f7a738ed01ebe8bc91e0e (resized).jpg

#33 6 years ago

you don't want to make that wager. I put up a big discussion and and explanation on facebook about the right and wrong ways to do LED lighting in a pinball machine. All veterans of pinball agreed. Only ones who disagree are some of the newer guys that only been here for 5 years or less, and Stevie Wonder gave it a thumbs down. You would be surprised how many people hate it when people LED like this.

#36 6 years ago

and you would think us old farts would be the ones that are color blind. Seems to be the other way around. Or the younger generations are distracted by blinky things.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Taken in a 99.9% dark room with playfield glass off. GI shows up a little brighter in the pics, but not much. Personally, I don't get the whole 'washing out all the colors in the plastics with colored GI underneath' but to each his own.

looks perfect. Well done.

#52 6 years ago

Looks a lot better. that purple one by the VUK is really out of place, but rest looks a million times better. Good work.

#55 6 years ago

you can't unscrew it from the bottom? that's the easy way if you can.

#57 6 years ago

that sucks. It's like system 11 then. Well, this game is like system 11 in a lot of ways.

#59 6 years ago

all system 11's are a nightmare as well. Ramps over ramps that you can't take off because one ramp crosses the other but covers the screw you need to get to, wires that snake around multiple ramps. They are a nightmare sometimes. No thoughts of being able to service or shop it out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-simpsons-the-7?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.