Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by snyper2099
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

37.JPG
36.JPG
35.JPG
33.JPG
34.JPG
28.JPG
32.JPG
31.JPG
30.JPG
29.JPG
27.JPG
26.JPG
25.JPG
23.JPG
24.JPG
21.JPG

#1 2 years ago

This ad has been removed from the market place.

#2 2 years ago

Itchy trigger finger here..........someone please beat me to it.

John

#3 2 years ago

All that price pumping in the sharkeys owner thread for a worn playfield and cracked plastics! Good luck w sale...

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

All that price pumping in the sharkeys owner thread for a worn playfield and cracked plastics! Good luck w sale...

HUH? Am I missing something bump??

John

#5 2 years ago

Did I read that price right?? Excellent deal. GLWTS

#6 2 years ago

In today's market, I'd say this isn't a bad deal. I see new connectors, theres no ALKALINE damage (no acid in pinball batteries people),
A lot of work done under the hood.
It's actually a good playing game. And I love the outlane and flipper posts. Cool gimmick. Hop the ball over the shooter lane rail for a trick shot.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

All that price pumping in the sharkeys owner thread for a worn playfield and cracked plastics! Good luck w :roll:sale...

WOW!!
Did you even look at the price I'm asking? So you expect a pristine, flawless, NIB Sharkey's for $2000.00? The playfield isn't worn. A couple cracked plastics is a deal breaker for you?

BTW, there is no Sharkey's owner thread?

#8 2 years ago

I worked my ass off restoring this game and I'm losing plenty of money on it. I have to make room for my ACNC that I'm waiting for!

#9 2 years ago

I didn't get into this hobby to make money. But to have fun!

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Don’t let this bother you. There’s always at least one douchebag price comment. Priced very fair.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

I didn't get into this hobby to make money. But to have fun!

So did I, and I wish I had the money right now because I would be having fun with this machine. These days you do not find too many games like this priced at 2K.

#12 2 years ago

I don't think it's a crazy asking price either. I mean, Harley Davidson is a bad game and it sells for 2K-3K all day long. Sharkey's is a way better game than Harley.

Sharkey's is a Sega designed game that was finished by the designers at Stern. They made less than 1,000 of them and it was created by John Borg, John Youssi, and Keefer... It's 100% complete and is simple to understand. I do not see why it's not liked by more people. In reality, it's a good thing if you're looking to buy... I found a HUO one for what I think was a great price. It's the most under valued and under appreciated Stern IMHO.

In the year 2000, no one knew if Stern would even survive. This game is a well hidden gem in the history of Stern. If this game had not been completed, projects that sold a TON OF UNITS and came shortly after this game like Monopoly in 2001 and LOTR and TSPP in 2003 might have never even been considered or attempted and Stern may have just closed it doors for good.

Sharkey's is Sterns FIRST GOOD solid game and is overlooked by the masses. It's proof that Stern had a great design team and that they could produce a fun and balanced game.

This game is also a good earning location game because it is low maintenance, easy to understand, and has that sex appeal/bar theme.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Itchy trigger finger here..........someone please beat me to it.
John

I'm heading up north Friday and planning on picking this up Saturday if still available. So the clock is ticking . . .

#14 2 years ago

this is actually a really clean example for a good price (says a sharkeys owner). GLWS

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

this is actually a really clean example for a good price (says a sharkeys owner). GLWS

Thanks. It takes one to know one!

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

I'm heading up north Friday and planning on picking this up Saturday if still available. So the clock is ticking . . .

I will be home by 6:30pm!

#17 2 years ago

not sure if it's a hidden gem, but it's a fun game... it's pinball.
Think the most special thing about it is that it's like an updated 8-ball deluxe.
Except the updated version isn't worth as much .

It's to bad you can't get plastics for this game, I need to replace a cracked one as well.

bump

#18 2 years ago

Looks like I'm out. Something else has dropped in my lap but good luck with the sale.
Thanks,
John

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from heme:

Think the most special thing about it is that it's like an updated 8-ball deluxe.
Except the updated version isn't worth as much .
It's to bad you can't get plastics for this game, I need to replace a cracked one as well.
bump

There were plastics available for it a couple years ago. I'm sure there will be again in time.
I have played 8 ball deluxe many times and I think Sharkey's is a lot more fun.

#20 2 years ago

its quite interesting how only the RE-imports had the extra side posts, center post and extra "flipper"buttons to control.
Stern produced some other titles the same at that point in time.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

its quite interesting how only the RE-imports had the extra side posts, center post and extra "flipper"buttons to control.

I did not know that!

#22 2 years ago

LOL!
3 pinsiders with the same avitar here!

#23 2 years ago

I think this is a British thing as Clay told me. The British re-import of LOTR at VFW has then too... Cause you know, LOTR is a quick game

Edit: that is the default avatar when a user does NOT upload a pic

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The British re-import of LOTR at VFW has then too... Cause you know, LOTR is a quick game
Edit: that is the default avatar when a user does NOT upload a pic

LOL!

Ahhh! The explains why it is so common! doh!

#25 2 years ago

Nice condition game with good mods. Question: are there speakers in both speaker grills or was Stern only including one speaker like Sega was before the name change? How does the head come down and latch in?

#26 2 years ago

Sharkey's is a fun game, even a bit underrated if you ask me. Bought mine for around the same price and was sad when I had to sell it. $2K, especially for all that's been done to this one, is worth it.

#27 2 years ago

I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a sharkeys without the center or side posts.

#28 2 years ago

Mine was 100% domestic and had the posts and extra buttons.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Nice condition game with good mods. Question: are there speakers in both speaker grills or was Stern only including one speaker like Sega was before the name change? How does the head come down and latch in?

No, both left and right speakers are here!
Head folds down, lock is the Stern swivel lock mech that they no longer use. Also has real lock down bar and service rails. LOL!
Thanks

#30 2 years ago

All sharkeys have the side post not just imports

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

All sharkeys have the side post not just imports

Yup. Side posts and center post on all versions of Sharkey's. You can "disable" them by unplugging the front most connector on the "sol. expander board" mounted on the left side of the head.

I have some more tips if anyone is looking to make their Sharkey's play a lot more difficult.

4 months later
#32 2 years ago

the chicago expo tournament when it was all sharkeys and other events that used sharkeys there were never side posts or center (i thought). they may have turned em off and i just thought there were none though...lol.

#33 2 years ago

the chicago expo tournament when it was all sharkeys and other events that used sharkeys there were never side posts or center (i thought). they may have turned em off and i just thought there were none though...lol.

That's interesting history. Trent would probably remember if that's true. Even Golden Cue had the 3 posts in it.

Even though I discovered how to easily disable them, I ultimately left my posts on. However, I did disable earning additional "mystery awards", beyond the one each player starts with in the game. It makes the game more balanced and less lucky.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside