(Topic ID: 42973)

For Sale: ShaneTastic's HUO X-Men Pro ¡¡¡SOLD!!!

By shanetastic

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by judremy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20130407_134149_502.jpg
IMG_20130407_134316_309.jpg
IMG_20130407_134307_018.jpg
IMG_20130407_134639_568.jpg
IMG_20130405_222836_317.jpg
IMG_20130405_222822_667.jpg
IMG_20130405_222812_396.jpg
WCS_&_XM_Pro_-_NAVL_002.JPG
WCS_&_XM_Pro_-_NAVL_010.JPG
WCS_&_XM_Pro_-_NAVL_009.JPG
WCS_&_XM_Pro_-_NAVL_008.JPG
WCS_&_XM_Pro_-_NAVL_006.JPG
WCS_&_XM_Pro_-_NAVL_003.JPG
IMG_20130329_130657_578.jpg
XMenPro-3up.jpg
WCS_&_XM_Pro_-_NAVL_008.JPG
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

- Purchased NIB.
- In excellent condition (just like out-of-box condition + all necessary tweaks and adjustments have been made. No cabinet nicks or scrapes at all.
- Less than 200 plays (176 currently)
- Cointaker LEDs installed. My own custom mapping.
- Flipper Fidelity full speaker system installed. Will also include original speakers.
- Shaker motor installed.
- Post mods installed with cliffy post rubbers.
- Protective mylar installed in shooter lane and around magnets on day one.

Videos of my game:

I will post some playfield and cabinet pictures a bit later.

I can add high resolution pictures of any part of this game for any interested buyers. Just ask.

Price is $4000 firm. I prefer local pickup cash in hand, but shipping can be arranged. B_R can take care of the shipping prep for a small fee.

Reason for selling: I absolutely LOVE how this game plays. However, I just purchased a TAF and I am itching to shop this thing out and get it playing at its full potential... so, I have to let one go. I will probably regret it once the new code comes out, but I need to act now.

#2 11 years ago

Doing the humpty bump. Come on and do the humpty bump.

#4 11 years ago

Good price, especially with all of the extras. I really love this game -- great art, nice shots. Best of luck!

#5 11 years ago

I haven't discussed it with B_R yet, but he may be able to take care of the shipping prep for a small fee.

No Problem w/ that @ All. Would be Glad 2 help .. NAVL or Coin-op ,, I'll get it ready !!

007.JPG007.JPG NGG_Shipped_018.JPGNGG_Shipped_018.JPG NGG_Shipped_022.JPGNGG_Shipped_022.JPG

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

No Problem w/ that @ All. Would be Glad 2 help .. NAVL or Coin-op ,, I'll get it ready !!

Thanks man!

#7 11 years ago

Anyone looking for an XM Pro should look no further. Great price for a great machine!

Plus, from the looks of the B_R pack job I would say it's gonna arrive pretty safely if shipping is needed.

I mean, if it still gets banged up with that kinda protection then it was just meant to be anyways

#8 11 years ago

Bump for Shane. GLWS!

#9 11 years ago

If someone doesn't buy this pin soon I'm going to club a baby seal. I'll do it too, because I'm crazy!

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Osakijimbo:

If someone doesn't buy this pin soon I'm going to club a baby seal. I'll do it too, because I'm crazy!

I would, but I stopped and had the salad bar at Plots R Us for lunch before I blew the rest of my money at Spatula City. I bought 9 spatulas and got the 10th one for just $.01!!!

#11 11 years ago

oh Red Snapper, very tasty....

#12 11 years ago

Truly, if you were closer I would buy it. Sorry, I never post that.

Bump for you..

cruise.gifcruise.gif

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

oh Red Snapper, very tasty....

Do you want the Red Snapper, or what's in the box that Hiro-san is bringing down the isle right now?!?!?!

#14 11 years ago

Shanetastic is one of the best kept secrets in pinball shopping. It's basically worth the extra for shipping because you'll get a shopped out pin that is truly that. Clean and tight. Still driving my HS2 all over town...GLWS

#15 11 years ago

HAHAHA!!!! God i would love a UHF themed pin. "Today we're teaching poodles how to fly ".

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from shanetastic:

- Purchased NIB.
- In excellent condition (just like out-of-box condition + all necessary tweaks and adjustments have been made. No cabinet nicks or scrapes at all.
- Less than 200 plays (176 currently)
- Cointaker LEDs installed. My own custom mapping.
- Flipper Fidelity full speaker system installed. Will also include original speakers.
- Shaker motor installed.
- Post mods installed with cliffy post rubbers.
- Protective mylar installed in shooter lane and around magnets on day one.
Videos of my game:
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
I will post some playfield and cabinet pictures a bit later.
I can add high resolution pictures of any part of this game for any interested buyers. Just ask.
Price is $4000 firm. I prefer local pickup cash in hand, but shipping can be arranged. B_R can take care of the shipping prep for a small fee.
Reason for selling: I absolutely LOVE how this game plays. However, I just purchased a TAF and I am itching to shop this thing out and get it playing at its full potential... so, I have to let one go. I will probably regret it once the new code comes out, but I need to act now.

If you could get it to CT for that price, I'd likely buy it.

#17 11 years ago

New X-Men code released... might sweeten the deal for someone?

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Osakijimbo:

HAHAHA!!!! God i would love a UHF themed pin. "Today we're teaching poodles how to fly ".

Yr Crazzy as Hell Osaki ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

#20 11 years ago

GLWS, Shane! I've played this machine and it really is in out-of-box new shape. Shane keeps his pins fine tuned and dialed in perfectly. Someone will be getting a great deal and a great machine with this buy!

#21 11 years ago

You're tired of WW be honest. Hand raised

#22 11 years ago

Looks like a winner!

#23 11 years ago

God I want this game.

#24 11 years ago

Am I missing something or is this not just a total screaming deal? I mean, admittedly I've never played X-Men, but seriously.

#25 11 years ago

Bump.

New code is great step in the right direction. This is a very fun game. Steal of a deal. GLWTS!

#26 11 years ago

I agree great deal with all those mods for a fun pin. The latest update was a huge improvement with more to come. The Pro looks and plays great! Hope it finds a good home if not keep playing it don't get lowballed someone will come to their senses and pick it up.

#27 11 years ago

Can someone point me to a link that explains the difference between the Pro and the LE. I've found Stern's business model annoying enough to never investigate... and this posting has me thinking unnatural thoughts.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found what I was looking for at Pinball News.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I agree great deal with all those mods for a fun pin. The latest update was a huge improvement with more to come. The Pro looks and plays great! Hope it finds a good home if not keep playing it don't get lowballed someone will come to their senses and pick it.

I have not paid much attention to the XM updates. Is the latest the final update or has Stern really promised more to come for XM?

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have not paid much attention to the XM updates. Is the latest the final update or has Stern really promised more to come for XM?

More updates are to come (at least one) fixing bugs and very likely including combos.

#30 11 years ago

This is next one on my wishlist, but so far have never shipped and nervous to start... I mean, imagine the trouble I'll have once my available marketplace expands beyond driving distances :-S

#31 11 years ago

The W-Salem Pin Auction is in 2-week's , I should buy S.t's XM myself , Put his Speaker kit in my IM and watch the Pin sell for $ 4200.00 or more ... Pin Prices have been Sky-High the Last Several month's w/ all the New home buyer's show-n up ..

#32 11 years ago

Dang, Wish I had the extra loot,I'd cruise on over there(4 hr drive) and knock out 2 birds with one stone. I'd pick up a sweet game,and I'd get to meet the 2 fellas that I see on youtube so much. (thanks B_R for the meguiar's recommendation yesterday)

#33 11 years ago

Add price to title, that was move things along.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

The W-Salem Pin Auction is in 2-week's , I should buy S.t's XM myself , Put his Speaker kit in my IM and watch the Pin sell for $ 4200.00 or more ... Pin Prices have been Sky-High the Last Several month's w/ all the New home buyer's show-n up ..

If I haven't sold it by auction time, it will be there for sure. I guess I should have thought about that before offering it up here for the low low price of 4K It is always interesting to see some of those beater pins sell for so high. This pin is in fantastic shape and ready to play. Freshly loaded 1.05 code, too!

#35 11 years ago

Bump for Shane.

I think we all know how well kept and perfect this man's pins are.

Freaking $4,000 is a complete steal. You won't regret it.

#36 11 years ago

I just sent a PM...as I'm new to pin ownership, what is the deal with the XM Pro vs LE? Is it worthwhile to hold out for an LE or just jump on this (assuming my wife doesn't kill me for buying a 3rd pin in two weeks)

Also, just for my understanding, what is it about what has been done to this pin which makes this such a "Freaking...steal" as IndianaPwns suggested? Thanks for teaching me.

Darin

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I just sent a PM...as I'm new to pin ownership, what is the deal with the XM Pro vs LE? Is it worthwhile to hold out for an LE or just jump on this (assuming my wife doesn't kill me for buying a 3rd pin in two weeks)

Also, just for my understanding, what is it about what has been done to this pin which makes this such a "Freaking...steal" as IndianaPwns suggested? Thanks for teaching me.

Darin

I'm not 100% sure on the difference between LE and Pro specifically for X-MEN, but usually, the LE has a few more cheap toys on it and a much higher price tag as well as powder coating legs and armor. I have never understood why anyone would pay the extra $2500-3k for what little the LE usually offers. But, to each their own...

This is a good deal because this machine is in like new condition and Shane's asking a couple hundred less than the pin is new in box. Not only that, you get Shane's custom LED layout and his dialing in on top of that.

He makes pins play better than new -- I mean, I've played his TAF and it plays and looks awesome -- he's wanting to sell this to do his thing to it which will make an amazingly good shape and well playing pin a true sight to behold and experience.

So, I guess for me, having a like new condition pin dialed in by an astute perfectionist in the pinball world for several hundred less than it would cost to order new stock from Stern is really what makes this such a good deal.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I know my opinion of the LE vs Pro could be considered biased due to the fact that I am selling a pro, but here is my truly honest opinion about them:

Gameplay is similar. However, I prefer the stationary Ice Man ramp over the moving one. Personal preference, I guess. I just don't like that ramp moving around and blocking the view. I also prefer the Wolverine mounting location on the pro that opens up the shot through the pops. Yes, the Wolverine can be modified and moved over some on the LE, so this point is not that big of a concern. The 3 way LEDs on the LE are nice. The pro looks great with LEDs, but doesn't have the ability to turn on and off certain colors. The LE wins that battle. The spinning disc around the Magneto magnet on the LE vs only the magnet on the pro is pretty much a wash during play, except during the opening of Magneto multiball. The spinning disk on the LE adds to the opening of the multi ball. During regular play, the end result of the magnet or magnet and disc is to deflect the ball and randomize the ball path. The pop up night crawlers on the LE vs the lit inserts on the pro.... I kind of prefer the lit inserts because it allows me to keep the flow, but the pop ups are cool, too. Too close to call on this aspect. The powder coated hardware and mirrored backglass is nice, but I am really not into that type of thing. I am more interested in the actual gameplay. However, this could be a value adding aspect to others, and I understand that.

The reason I think this game is a good deal at this price is the fact that I bought it new in box, added the shaker, speaker system, installed the post mod, installed LEDs, and tweaked the game to play the best I could. The question any potential buyer needs to decide is if these additions are value adding to the game from their point of view. If so, buying this setup for $4000 is probably a better decision than spending the $4700-$4800 needed to buy one new in box, add the extra components, and then spend the time to tweak the game... and many of you understand that there are usually things to tweak on a NIB game. This can be time consuming and frustrating... but then again, some people like myself like to work on pins, too.

So there you have it. Hope that helps!

#39 11 years ago

Things the LE has that the pro does not:

- Nightcrawler pop ups (lit shots on playfield instead);
- Magneto spinning disc around magnet;
- Moving Iceman ramp
- LEDs throughout that change the whole playfield color during modes (e.g. red in Magneto, blue in Shadow King, purple in Sentenals, etc)
- Mirrored back glass and powder coating

But Shanetastic's game is a great deal because of the extras he has added which do not come with a NIB pro:

- Shaker motor ($175)
- Cointaker LED's ($200) - won't give you the light show, but still look way better that the pro
- Flipper Fidelity sound system ($150)
- post mods and mylar ($50)

And dialing the game in takes time and experience. Almost $600 in extras. Great value.

#40 11 years ago

One can dispute whether or not the LE is worth the extra price over the pro. I personally love the NC pop-ups. I think the spinner is a subtle effect, but I really like it. Iceman ramp is meh. Love the powder coat.

But one CANNOT dispute that Shanetastic's price is awesome with all the extras and work he has put in.

#41 11 years ago

Here's Shanetastic play-n my / Was my LE Wolverine ... I traded XM LE Wolverine for IM .

the diff- is a few Toy's , signed p/f ( whoopie ) Solid Glass Trans & a few more items mentioned above..

#42 11 years ago

Shane you still haven't explained why not the WW?

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Shane you still haven't explained why not the WW?

That was the pin that got me into the hobby! And the one I have now plays flawlessly. It will never leave unless things really hit the fan!!!

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from shanetastic:

If I haven't sold it by auction time, it will be there for sure. I guess I should have thought about that before offering it up here for the low low price of 4K It is always interesting to see some of those beater pins sell for so high. This pin is in fantastic shape and ready to play. Freshly loaded 1.05 code, too!

Its only a 10 dollar entry fee plus 100 max in commission, no better way to sell sometimes, the fee the auction company charges is less than what the credit card fee would be if I sold it thru the store.

It could join the 2200 Black Hole club or the 4700 POTC or the 5K Spiderman auction recent selling prices

#45 11 years ago

5K spiderman auction recent selling prices

That would be ME !! ,, Was a Pleasure to Shop & Own it too .. I want SM again

XM should be a Hit @ the Sale !!!

SM_,_New_Leds_and_Mods_001.JPGSM_,_New_Leds_and_Mods_001.JPG SM_,_New_Leds_and_Mods_002.JPGSM_,_New_Leds_and_Mods_002.JPG

#46 11 years ago

Your Spiderman played so good! Wish it had made it way to the theatre but now Hooked former Spiderman is there thru way of trade with Chad.

#47 11 years ago

Another bump for Shanetastic.
I own a Taxi that I bought from the Banker, who bought it from Shane. I'm pretty sure the Banker didn't do anything but play it while he owned it. I've put countless games on it myself, done not much more than wax it a couple times, & the darn thing is still the sweetest playing machine I own. Shane knows how to set up a pin for sure & I wouldn't hesitate at all to buy from him directly. In fact, I hope to someday... if he ever gives up the right game for my taste.
If his X-Men Pro goes to the auction I plan to be there. I want to see the sharks bid this thing up in person.

// Error: Image 82910 not found //

#48 11 years ago

Auction, Auction, Auction! Gonna be a good one!

#49 11 years ago

BUMPPPPP!

#50 11 years ago

Contacted Shane and looking to get a shipping quote from 27295 to 48331 from NAVL and coinopshippers, but so far no luck on either. I want this machine. NAVL said they don't do pinball machines.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-shanetastics-huo-x-men-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.