IMG_2871 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2869 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2868 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2866 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2864 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2862 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Shadow, The

Added: 2020-11-26 01:19:20 UTC • Ended: December 22nd, 2020
Condition: Partially restored (almost original)

Price

$ 5,000 (Firm)

Price is firm

Excellent condition Shadow. Ramps, diverters, and wire forms brass plated. Limited mods.

Item photos

IMG_2857 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2858 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2859 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2856 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2860 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2862 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2864 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2866 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2868 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2869 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2871 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2870 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2872 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2874 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2875 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2876 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2877 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2878 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2828 (resized).jpg
IMG_2829 (resized).jpg
IMG_2830 (resized).jpg
IMG_2831 (resized).jpg
IMG_2832 (resized).jpg
IMG_2834 (resized).jpg
IMG_2835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2836 (resized).jpg
IMG_2837 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Pinmeister's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Pinmeister's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Cherry Hills Village, CO, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

#2 3 years ago

#3 3 years ago

Probably one of the nicest Shadow's I have ever seen. Someone will be very happy, nothing like playing a pristine dialed in classic. The brass plating looks amazing.

GLWS

#4 3 years ago

Since when are shadows going for nib prices?

#5 3 years ago

Please add some interior and exterior pictures of the cabinet.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I think a Shadow can go for $5k+ but its all about condition, if it's been restored, etc. Some pictures of the interior and exterior of the cabinet are needed as Steve mentioned above.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

[removed]

I have seen beat routed Shadows selling in the 4k range-price is fair given condition imo

#11 3 years ago

i have to agree with @pinmister, here. i see shadows selling for $4K+ all day long. i don't look at a 25% premium for great condition and extras as being unreasonable.

#15 3 years ago
Double facepalm.jpgDouble facepalm.jpg
#16 3 years ago

i do find it strange that the handle pinmister is strikingly similar to @pinmeister. not suggesting anything. it's just interesting.

#17 3 years ago

Just as much as you can say this is a great price, some may disagree.

Why is it ok for you to say it’s a great price but someone cannot disagree and say the price isn’t great?

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I know you are the official Pinside Price police captain

04F428F9-34B9-476F-80B5-0618926D54FB (resized).jpeg04F428F9-34B9-476F-80B5-0618926D54FB (resized).jpeg
#19 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i do find it strange that the handle pinmister is strikingly similar to pinmeister. not suggesting anything. it's just interesting.

I actually thought the same thing.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Just as much as you can say this is a great price, some may disagree.
Why is it ok for you to say it’s a great price but someone cannot disagree and say the price isn’t great?

My guess is youre ignorant on the prices and costs associated with bringing a pin to this value, maybe bring a tad more knowledge to the conversation before commenting.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i do find it strange that the handle pinmister is strikingly similar to pinmeister. not suggesting anything. it's just interesting.

Completely coincidental, I made my avatar name and joined Pinside only to see weeks later that another pinsider had basically the same name. I was going to try and change it but never did.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

My guess is youre ignorant on the prices and costs associated with bringing a pin to this value, maybe bring a tad more knowledge to the conversation before commenting.

Good
Guess but you’d be wrong. I’m fairly well informed on pricing. I’ve restored my fair share of pins.

Amazing how upset people get by someone thinking a price is high.

How about this: From
Now on all for sale threads get thumbs up regardless of price. Everything is met with a “great price” irrespective of what it is.

When Nip Its are going for $4500, you’ll think otherwise.

#23 3 years ago

FWIW...this game does have ramps, etc. brass played by Mike Chestnut. Chestnut was the premier pinball part plater until his untimely passing. Looks like a decal on the sanctum, but does present well.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Looks like a decal on the sanctum,

Surprisingly there isn’t a close up of this area. But asking top dollar.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Good
Guess but you’d be wrong. I’m fairly well informed on pricing. I’ve restored my fair share of pins.
Amazing how upset people get by someone thinking a price is high.
How about this: From
Now on all for sale threads get thumbs up regardless of price. Everything is met with a “great price” irrespective of what it is.
When Nip Its are going for $4500, you’ll think otherwise.

Hmmm I stand by my statement based on your ignorance on this instance.... youve any idea the cost attached to brass plating alone? shows bad taste trying to call something out thats in the ballpark of a reasonable value, are you starving for attention?

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Hmmm I stand by my statement based on your ignorance on this instance.... youve any idea the cost attached to brass plating alone? shows bad taste trying to call something out thats in the ballpark of a reasonable value, are you starving for attention?

Why is your opinion valid but the opinion of someone who disagrees, isn’t?

Maybe you missed the decal
Over the sanctum? Maybe that’s your “ignorance on this instance” whatever that means.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I disagree that the price is great here. Learn to accept differences. You’ll grow a bit as a person when you can.

#28 3 years ago

At first I thought, "damn, Shadow for 5k?" But honestly, as I look at the pics, it is a nice looking Shadow. Even if theres a little wear/dirt on the sanctum decal. Of course we've all seen much worse.

It remains to be seen if we get some pics of the cabinet though. Headbox appears to look good.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the right buyer comes along and doesnt mind how the cab looks, however.

#29 3 years ago

If you're asking 5K for a Shadow you should have a closeup of the sanctum area and pics of the cab. Price police are fine, they keep your thread bumped. Serious buyers look past the noise, but will want more pics.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Why is your opinion valid but the opinion of someone who disagrees, isn’t?
Maybe you missed the decal
Over the sanctum? Maybe that’s your “ignorance on this instance” whatever that means.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I disagree that the price is great here. Learn to accept differences. You’ll grow a bit as a person when you can.

It means youve no idea what youre talking about, regardless what what the price is if youre not interested in buying then why do you care??? again I ask are you needing attention?

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

It means youve no idea what youre talking about, regardless what what the price is if youre not interested in buying then why do you care??? again I ask are you needing attention?

So you are the arbiter of all things pin pricing? Hahah. Whats comical is you’re in Canada where pricing is much different than in the states. Yet you’re the expert?

The fact you get so upset over another’s opinion is mind boggling. Not everyone shares your views. On pricing. On life. On politics. Accept it.

Have a nice Thanksgiving.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

The fact you get so upset over another’s opinion is mind boggling.

I think it’s more because you’re just super annoying..?

#33 3 years ago

I know the price inflation police are far more annoying, the slightest comment and it's just pearl clutching, how dare you, what do you know and insults.

#34 3 years ago

It really kind of cracks me up about the PPP sometimes. I can see the PPP coming out on patrol for a FS ad that is priced thousands of dollars high-like that guy in Vegas overpricing everything but when a respectable pinsider comes in with a collector quality rare example priced a few hundred higher than beat routed Shadows sell for has me scratching my head. If someone saw an average Shadow priced on market for $4300-they would not bat an eye. Now it hits 5k and all of the sudden that is a huge valuation difference given the condition? Please educate yourself and go to Pinside archived for sale ads for Shadow. Knowledge is power

Trying to price police games a few hundred dollars off makes you look like a cheap ass. Now go find another for sale ad to troll and get some attention.

-Sorry to interject in op's thread-One last bump GLWS

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

So you are the arbiter of all things pin pricing? Hahah. What comical is you’re in Canada where pricing is much different than in the states. Yet you’re the expert.
The fact you get so upset over another’s opinion is mind boggling.
Have a nice Thanksgiving.

WOW... YOU’RE the one commenting on price, not me... the prices convert to CAD so its easy to watch the market.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Price police are fine, they keep your thread bumped.

049432E2-8490-4C27-A73E-61218844E2FD (resized).jpeg049432E2-8490-4C27-A73E-61218844E2FD (resized).jpeg
#37 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

YOU’RE the one commenting on price, not me.

You’re not?

And you’re personally attacking me in the same breath.

Listen, you think price is good. I think
Price is high. We’re both entitled to
Our opinions. No need to bash me.

Leave it at that.

#38 3 years ago

I think to get close to $5k for a non-restored game, you need to have a color dmd and the aurich art package.

#41 3 years ago

Damn. I went through 2 bags of popcorn reading this. Thanks!

#42 3 years ago

Owners have the right to ask what ever they want for their game (no harm to anyone). Buyers on this web site have the opportunity to look at past sales/threads to determine if it's a correct price for the condition. I know , I will pay more than "average" price on an excellent condition B/W game.

5K for a non restored Shadow ( I have one as a disclaimer), would be close to top price at this time. I believe, it is in the sellers best interest to overload their sales thread with inside/outside pics in this situation. But then again what do I know .

Good luck with the sale

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I think to get close to $5k for a non-restored game, you need to have a color dmd and the aurich art package.

What Shadow is complete without either really?

Gonna skip the price police conversation, but I will say this: for that price I'd want a cleaner Sanctum. That to me is the prime thing that elevates this game up if you're looking to pay a 'collector price'.

What a game is worth to you is always personal, Shadow is a real gem of a pin imo that went under appreciated for a long time because of the translite. I have no problem saying it's worth Classic 90s Bally Money, but condition is always king.

#44 3 years ago

This side, that side.... What I can tell you is, it's shocking how people post one thing on here, then act differently when it's their money or game on the line.

#48 3 years ago

I came here to see all the drama and I was not disappointed. Nice, clean machine. I've seen ones in horrible condition compared to this go for 3500 range. Someone will be happy with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-shadow-the-96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.