Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by fosaisu
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200613_233712 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200613_233718 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200613_234013 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

#1 17 days ago

Price

$ 4,000 (OBO)

Price is firm
Open for offers

Use the Market archive as a reference for past sales data on this particular game.

for sale

For sale: Shadow, The

Added: June 26th, 2020
Condition: Partially shopped/refurbished

Item description

I have a 1994 shadow that's in great shape play field has no wear even the sanction hole looks good. Gameplays great, It has been cleaned and LED with new rubbers and I do have the alternate translite with the original translate but it does need the translight glass.The upper cabinet sticker is shrunk and bubbly but only really on the one side upper.asking 4000. I tried to load some more pictures on it and for some reason it freezes my phone

Item photos

IMG_20200613_233712 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200613_233718 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200613_234013 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Shipping/pickup info

Pick up
Willing to ship mainland
Willing to ship overseas

Contact

Contact Curveball101 via PinsideMail.

Send PM

Item location

Chester, VA, US

Seller insights

These are Curveball101's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Curveball101's stats page

#2 17 days ago

sounds like a nice game; I suggest posting a lot more pics especially with claims re: "no" playfield wear! That is almost unheard of on new games, let alone games that are ~25 years old.

I am too far away to be a buyer, but good luck with the sale! If you add pics you can save yourself hopefully some hassle.

#3 17 days ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I suggest posting a lot more pics especially with claims re: "no" playfield wear! That is almost unheard of on new games, let alone games that are ~25 years old.

especially the sanctum area

#4 17 days ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

sounds like a nice game; I suggest posting a lot more pics especially with claims re: "no" playfield wear! That is almost unheard of on new games, let alone games that are ~25 years old.
I am too far away to be a buyer, but good luck with the sale! If you add pics you can save yourself hopefully some hassle.

Everyone says that. The ones that truly are have pics right away to show it. Likelihood there is no wear is low but I would love to be wrong

#5 17 days ago

I really need to grab one of these before the price climbs any further, such a great value for a killer game.

#6 17 days ago

Never seen one with that speaker panel? Were some done with this style?

#7 17 days ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Never seen one with that speaker panel? Were some done with this style?

I have not either

#8 16 days ago

What’s the serial number?

#9 16 days ago

Very interesting. Since there were a few games between Shadow and WPC-95 cabinet styles, guessing this was an elegant operator hack

#10 15 days ago

pinsiders- i'm surprised have to point this out, but this ad hits every check mark of an ad that you shouldn't even begin to take seriously..

-a vague description w/ adjectives like "shrunk" and "bubbly"
-little to no pix.
-the few pix there are, scream "WTF?!?"
-has additional translite, but no translite glass
-has a speaker panel that didn't ever get used on this game at manufacture.
-worn "token" sticker on coin slots.
-"sanction" hole??
-only pic of playfield is of game on w/ color bombed GI.
-underneath clearly used as storage space.
-the old frozen phone excuse.

maybe i'm wrong, and the seller can prove it. but doing so will only benefit them, much more than me.

#11 15 days ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

pinsiders- i'm surprised have to point this out, but this ad hits every check mark of an ad that you shouldn't even begin to take seriously..
-a vague description w/ adjectives like "shrunk" and "bubbly"
-little to no pix.
-the few pix there are, scream "WTF?!?"
-has additional translite, but no translite glass
-has a speaker panel that didn't ever get used on this game at manufacture.
-worn "token" sticker on coin slots.
-"sanction" hole??
-only pic of playfield is of game on w/ color bombed GI.
-underneath clearly used as storage space.
-the old frozen phone excuse.
maybe i'm wrong, and the seller can prove it. but doing so will only benefit them, much more than me.

Good point outs. The spelling and grammar I’ll accept, but a few more pics would be nice.

#12 15 days ago

OP is selling this machine so he can buy a new phone.

#13 14 days ago

Run far from this ad.

#14 14 days ago

Please look at the OP's previous ad. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/90766

Note the Shadow next to it but what happened to the left side of the head. It was perfect in his last ad and now it looks like it went though some protests.

#15 14 days ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Please look at the OP's previous ad. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/90766
Note the Shadow next to it but what happened to the left side of the head. It was perfect in his last ad and now it looks like it went though some protest.

#16 14 days ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Note the Shadow next to it but what happened to the left side of the head. It was perfect in his last ad and now it looks like it went though some protests.

It couldn't stand the Hollywood HEAT! The original speaker grill disappeared too!

#17 14 days ago

Op please explain what happened to the side in the time since you posted Hollywood Heat and also the speaker panel

#18 14 days ago

I wonder if it had its head swapped? Did he swap it with a parted out machine? Not making an accusation, just curious.

#19 14 days ago

Hey at least the Op is firm on price and open to offers

#20 14 days ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I wonder if it had its head swapped? Did he swap it with a parted out machine? Not making an accusation, just curious.

No way, the cabinet on the Shadow in the Hollywood Heat thread looked quite nice, no reason you'd want to do a head swap with a scraped up version. This has to be a totally different Shadow than in the Hollywood Heat thread. I've owned two Shadows at once (albeit briefly) and sold the lesser of the two, so I'm not judging! But potential buyers should do due diligence with any relatively new Pinsider -- looks like he's sold a game or two here so he should have some references to share.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside